+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Norv Turner

Norv Turner

this is the guy we need to put the full court press on once the season is over,,,he sucks as a head coach but is no doubt a brilliant offensive coordinator. He is willing to take such a position for a team with the pieces to win a super bowl,,he likes to throw the ball down field and will use the short passing game to make up for lack of a running game(if that is the case again next year). I think it is a win, win and Eli and the O will flourish under this guy.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...dinator-again/

honestly, he would be one of the OCs we COULD actually transition this offense to his. he uses some sight adjustment philosophies, he has some Coryell ball in his scheme and KGs offense is an evolution of that imo.
    That said, dunno if the FO/TC even has entertained the thought of getting rid of KG unfortunately/fortunately depending on ur stance on KG. Turner, imo, would be perfect here with Bennett and Wilson with the WRs we have...

Quote Originally Posted by giantsfan420 View Post
    honestly, he would be one of the OCs we COULD actually transition this offense to his. he uses some sight adjustment philosophies, he has some Coryell ball in his scheme and KGs offense is an evolution of that imo.
    That said, dunno if the FO/TC even has entertained the thought of getting rid of KG unfortunately/fortunately depending on ur stance on KG. Turner, imo, would be perfect here with Bennett and Wilson with the WRs we have...
    a man can dream

Quote Originally Posted by giantsfan420 View Post
    our offense could be dare i say,,,lethal under turner.

Turner is definitely a better offensive coordinator than a head coach. I wouldn't throw out Kevin Gilbride, but if something were to happen to him then I wouldn't be against it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rat_bastich View Post
    Turner is definitely a better offensive coordinator than a head coach. I wouldn't throw out Kevin Gilbride, but if something were to happen to him then I wouldn't be against it.
    not only would i throw gilbride out to get turner,,i would drive him anywhere he wanted to go.

I just hope that some college team gives Gilbride a job. What about Jason Garrett? If the cowpokies lose to Washington and we win out they may miss the playoffs. If they miss, expect Jones to go hard after Sean payton.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkSaint View Post
    I just hope that some college team gives Gilbride a job. What about Jason Garrett? If the cowpokies lose to Washington and we win out they may miss the playoffs. If they miss, expect Jones to go hard after Sean payton.
    good pont but I think I still prefer turner,,,I have a feeling peyton stays put.

Veteran
    Can Norv do better than KG?
    Last edited by ashleymarie; 12-20-2012 at 04:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ashleymarie View Post
    Can Norv do better than KG?
    I think so. He was the Dallas coordinator when they had Aikman, Irvin, Smith and Harper. He is one of Ernie Zampese's products. He has always been a good coordinator, but his head coaching abilities suck. I think, like Bill Belichick, Jimmy Johnson has produced some poor head coaches but usually puts together effective coordinators. Another instance Dave Wannstedt sucked as a head coach on a few different levels, but was always a good defensive coordinator.