+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Veteran

PARENTS AND GIANTS.

I saw a guy in the shoe dept. today telling his children (3 of them) to sit still because they had to get new shoes for the SB in NO. "IT'S THE COWBOYS YEAR", he said.

I stood there, angry because I wasn't wearing my Giants tshirt, and took in the scene. Those little kids were getting so excited, happiness all over their little faces, telling their dad what kind of shoes they wanted.

It reminded me of my dear grandmother. A stronger Giants fan I have never met. We all worshipped her so we are naturally Giants fans and will be until we leave this earth.

How many of you have rememberances of a beloved parent or grandparent or someone else sharing with you the joys of being a Giant?

Quote Originally Posted by ashleymarie View Post
    I saw a guy in the shoe dept. today telling his children (3 of them) to sit still because they had to get new shoes for the SB in NO. "IT'S THE COWBOYS YEAR", he said.

I stood there, angry because I wasn't wearing my Giants tshirt, and took in the scene. Those little kids were getting so excited, happiness all over their little faces, telling their dad what kind of shoes they wanted.

It reminded me of my dear grandmother. A stronger Giants fan I have never met. We all worshipped her so we are naturally Giants fans and will be until we leave this earth.

How many of you have rememberances of a beloved parent or grandparent or someone else sharing with you the joys of being a Giant?
    me,,but he shouldn't have lied to the kids.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by ELI_HOF_NYG View Post
    me,,but he shouldn't have lied to the kids.
    true dat. I wasn't sure how to feel.

For me my grandfather, father and all my uncles and cousins were huge Gmen fans when I grew up in late 60s early 70s.. It was a way of life I tell ya...

But I'm more concerned about those poor little kids that will be heart broken when these BAD GIANTS rip their hearts out and steal their trip to New Orleans...

Kinda like the little kid crying last year that was a SF fan and the Dad talking to him as he cried "but I wanted niners go to SB" and dad says I know son, maybe next year" Then says to him""BUT WHO'S GOT IT BETTER THEN US"" and kid says through tears.. """NO BODY"" lol
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    Even though 2013 was a losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

Let's make it 5 in 2014 !!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

The NYG ripping out the hearts of our opponents fan base one game at a time over next six games

4-New York Giants!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ashleymarie View Post
    true dat. I wasn't sure how to feel.
    i would of said you may as well buy them adult shoes cause it may be another 20 years before they win another playoff game, lol

4-New York Giants!!!!!

Shoot first generation Giants fan here. My family is from the Ozarks of Missouri so they were St. Louis Cardinals(football..of course where we got Ottis Andersonfrom) fans when I was growing up. They were not hardcore and it wasn't until I joined the Marines that I saw really hardcore fans. Thats when my like for the Giants turned into love.

During the games in my barracks room I made sure I wore my boots so I didn't break my toes when kicking furniture.
    Last edited by Rat_bastich; 12-20-2012 at 06:07 AM.

What a way to crush a child's spirit. Promise them something they can't possibly have and set them up for a lifetime of disappointment.

Veteran
    You should have showed them that picture of uncle Jerry picking his nose.

It'll be a good life lesson for the kids. Life is full of disappointments. At least they'll have new shoes to protect their toes while their kicking the furniture.
    Do not feed the trolls.