+ Reply to Thread

6 things heard about new Giants coach Ben McAdoo at Super Bowl 50

“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Veteran
    Rochester, NY Yes Bills contry what can I do its where I live
    He seems to command the respect of many key players on the team. A very important 1st step. He also seems to be well thought of outside the team. Maybe the owners do know a bit more about him than posters on the GMB? It might be worth giving him a couple years to show what he has. Instead of hating him right off the bat. I'm excited about the possibilities.

Quote Originally Posted by GiantRoc View Post
    He seems to command the respect of many key players on the team. A very important 1st step. He also seems to be well thought of outside the team. Maybe the owners do know a bit more about him than posters on the GMB? It might be worth giving him a couple years to show what he has. Instead of hating him right off the bat. I'm excited about the possibilities.
    nah, they just got lucky =P

I know the problem people such as myself have isn't about his talent, potential or leadership. It's experience.

I do think he will end up being a good HC. But it's very very rare that first time HCs have success. Typically they stumble a bit at first.

I'm just wondering if i really want the historic NY Football Giants to be the team that has to deal with his growing pains. I like knowing this was a plan all along akin to the Steelers and Tomlin situstion. Just makes me very nervous having a rookie HC.

I don't think we are THAT far from competing in the league. A rookie HC is just 1 more hurdle we need to pass to get there.

All-Pro
    I agree with Ohara, hope he is willing to hand off play calling to someone else next year. Gotta be careful to not try and take on too much in his first year.

Looking forward to see how he does in 2016.

One thing's for sure- he has great hair

Quote Originally Posted by AGiantDynasty View Post
    I know the problem people such as myself have isn't about his talent, potential or leadership. It's experience.

I do think he will end up being a good HC. But it's very very rare that first time HCs have success. Typically they stumble a bit at first.

I'm just wondering if i really want the historic NY Football Giants to be the team that has to deal with his growing pains. I like knowing this was a plan all along akin to the Steelers and Tomlin situstion. Just makes me very nervous having a rookie HC.

I don't think we are THAT far from competing in the league. A rookie HC is just 1 more hurdle we need to pass to get there.
    Competing can mean many things. In terms of scoring points, a lot depends on Beckham - but they are there. In terms of doing the critical things a winning team needs to on offense - T.O.P., getting the 3rd and 4th downs in short yardage situations, capitalizing on takeaways and red zone situations... I don't see them there. I would feel more comfortable with the new HC if they had accomplished these things, before his promotion.