+ Reply to Thread

New York Giants Announce Dates for Organized Team Activities, Mini-Camps

http://www.giants101.com/2015/03/06/...es-mini-camps/

Excerpt: "Earlier this week — lost in the wild anticipating leading up to the start of free agency — the New York Giants announced a partial schedule (a media schedule) for Organized Team Activities (OTAs), mini-camps and other team-related events.

Let's take a look, shall we?

Thursday, April 23rd — General Manager Jerry Reese Pre-NFL Draft Press Conference
    Thursday, April 30th through Saturday, May 2nd — 2015 NFL Draft
    Friday, May 8th through Saturday, May 9th — Rookie Mini-Camp
    Wednesday, May 27th — Start of Organized Team Activities
    Monday, June 8th — End of Organized Team Activities
    Tuesday, June 16th through Thursday, June 18th — Veteran Mini-Camp

The return of a rookie mini-camp is worth pointing out for the Giants, who didn't have one a year ago as the result of a late NFL Draft — something head coach Tom Coughlin was not pleased about at the time." Read more...
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

My sense of anticipation is piqued!!
    No one remembers who came in second.

My interest in the off-season has peaked
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    My interest in the off-season has peaked

+1

Exclamation When does the Giants offseason program start?

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2...ram_start.html

Excerpt: "he NFL announced the offseason workout dates for all 32 teams on Thursday.

Here's a look at the Giants' offseason schedule:

First Day: April 20
    Voluntary minicamp: April 28-30
    OTA workouts: May 19-21, 26-28; June 2-5
    Mandatory minicamp: June 9-11

So in eighteen days, Tom Coughlin will have his first chance to address members of the 2015 roster.

The collective bargaining agreement between the league and the NFL Player's Association is very specific on how much contact teams can have with their players. Each club's official, voluntary nine-week offseason program is conducted in three phases:" Read more...

# 80

voluntary mini camp the 28th? that's my anniversary. Go on boys, get that work on for my anniversary! lol
    Formerly Brandon Jacobs

have they announced what their plans are for the safety position. we still only have 2 players with zero experience.

Quote Originally Posted by river555 View Post
    have they announced what their plans are for the safety position. we still only have 2 players with zero experience.
    Yes, their current plan is to hope. Hope that two unproven, oft injured guys can both blossom into quality NFL safeties or hope that some UDFA will arrive NFL ready or hope that a draft choice will emerge with a split personality and be able to hold down both spots simultaneously.

THAT is the current plan as far as I can tell.
    No one remembers who came in second.