+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Bobby Hart incident at Giants practice shows lack of O-line depth

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/fo...icle-1.2802303

Excerpt: "Presumed Week 3 starting right tackle Bobby Hart was lying on his back in an unusual scene at the end of Thursday’s Giants practice at Quest Diagnostics Training Center. Hart labored off the field under his own power with trainers, and the team later said Hart had experienced “cramping.” Hart said he was fine, too.

But the scene underscored the precarious state of the Giants’ offensive line depth, particularly at right tackle, where starter Marshall Newhouse (calf) is expected to miss Sunday’s game against visiting Washington after missing practice both Wednesday and Thursday.

The absence of Newhouse, who struggled prior to his injury in last week’s 16-13 win over New Orleans, leaves Hart as the likely starter with the recently re-signed, long-time Giant Will Beatty also in the fold. But offensive coordinator Mike Sullivan couldn’t endorse Beatty realistically being ready to play a whole game.

Beatty hasn’t played in a regular season game since 2014 due to injuries." Read more...
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Fantastic.

Can the backup center / FB Jones play any other positions?

Quote Originally Posted by jimmie ray View Post
    Can the backup center / FB Jones play any other positions?
    The original plan when they signed him was to possibly play Guard.

Quote Originally Posted by darrin99 View Post
    The original plan when they signed him was to possibly play Guard.
    Ah, first time in several months that I've been privy to any plan for this unit!

This was by far my biggest concern heading into this season.

There is nothing behind the starters whatsoever, no proven commodities at all.
    “I write differently from what I speak, I speak differently from what I think, I think differently from the way I ought to think, and so it all proceeds into deepest darkness.”
    ― Franz Kafka

Bench Player
    I don't think any team would be in great shape if they lost their starting tackle and the backup

Quote Originally Posted by Die-Hard View Post
    This was by far my biggest concern heading into this season.

There is nothing behind the starters whatsoever, no proven commodities at all.
    I remember you citing that a lot. I didn't know if I was as concerned but now I'm starting to see why you held thay pov. If Hart can't go what do we do knowing Sullivan won't endorse beatty? Do we have an actual option?
    (Hoping this can be a football convo just saying that from my perspective about how I can push buttons sometimes. Not the attempt)
    Brand new season...let's go big blue...

I read he has cramps. I did not read that he is injured. Newhouse has not yet been ruled as out. Let be optimistic.

I'm wondering if Janoris Jenkins can moonlight at RT?