+ Reply to Thread

Latest Giants injury updates on offensive linemen Weston Richburg and Justin Pugh

Excerpt: "There's only one man left standing from the Giants projected starting offensive line. That's rookie Ereck Flowers.

Starting left tackle Will Beatty (shoulder) is on injured reserve. Starting right guard Geoff Schwartz (leg) appears destined to join him.

Starting left guard Justin Pugh (concussion) and center Weston Richburg (ankle) are on the mend. The Giants (5-6) desperately need them back soon. They play the crosstown rival New York Jets on Sunday.

It would help to have them both back on the field.

"You know what, I'm hoping that's going to be the case. At least with one of them," coach Tom Coughlin said. "But I don't have any evidence of that just yet."

Promising but not so promising.

Here's the latest:

C Weston Richburg – Coach Tom Coughlin conceded it "wasn't very good" when he tried to practice last week with a high ankle sprain. The Giants kept him off the field after Wednesday's practice. They kept him off his feet and bombarded him with treatments.

"I'm hoping there's an advantage to that and I really won't know anything until I hear probably [Tuesday] to what extent he's able to do anything," Coughlin said. "So we'll see."

Richburg remains a crapshoot this week."
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

san francisco
    So Flowers, Jerry,Reynolds, Hart and Newhouse. Backups are Clearly and...........?