+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Standout Players From Practice, 6/10

http://www.giants.com/news-and-blogs...b-d979d6c20e8c

Excerpt: "CB Prince Amukamara
    Amukamara had a nose for the ball today at the Quest Diagnostics Training Center. In the Giants’ eighth practice of organized team activities, he was disrupting plays in the secondary. His best one was our Giants.com “Play of the Day” when he broke up Eli Manning’s fade pass to Victor Cruz in the corner of the end zone.

QB Eli Manning
    Despite Amukamara’s efforts, Manning was otherwise on point early and often in Tuesday’s practice. He opened up firing passes to Jerrel Jernigan in team drills and spread the ball throughout the day to other wide receivers, tight ends, and running backs out of the backfield. It was a pass-heavy practice that included 7-on-7 drills, and Manning was at the center of it.

WR Jerrel Jernigan
    Jernigan found a rhythm early with Manning, catching three of his four straight completions to begin the team portion of practice. He made a nice grab of another Manning throw later on down the left sideline, where he managed to get a hand on the ball in traffic and tip it to himself for a catch."
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    http://www.giants.com/news-and-blogs...b-d979d6c20e8c

Excerpt: "CB Prince Amukamara
    Amukamara had a nose for the ball today at the Quest Diagnostics Training Center. In the Giants’ eighth practice of organized team activities, he was disrupting plays in the secondary. His best one was our Giants.com “Play of the Day” when he broke up Eli Manning’s fade pass to Victor Cruz in the corner of the end zone.

QB Eli Manning
    Despite Amukamara’s efforts, Manning was otherwise on point early and often in Tuesday’s practice. He opened up firing passes to Jerrel Jernigan in team drills and spread the ball throughout the day to other wide receivers, tight ends, and running backs out of the backfield. It was a pass-heavy practice that included 7-on-7 drills, and Manning was at the center of it.

WR Jerrel Jernigan
    Jernigan found a rhythm early with Manning, catching three of his four straight completions to begin the team portion of practice. He made a nice grab of another Manning throw later on down the left sideline, where he managed to get a hand on the ball in traffic and tip it to himself for a catch."
    So JJ caught 3 of Eli's first 4 completions. Is he starting? On the outside? I saw some pics of JJ lined up on the outside in 3wr sets yesterday with Cruz in the slot and Route Tree Randell on the other side. Maybe the coaches feel JJ really can play on the outside ala Steve Smith - about the same measurables. I think ODB is here to challenge RR. 4 WR Cruz and JJ slots with ODB, MM and RR fighting for 2 spots on the outside.

Quote Originally Posted by Shockeystays08 View Post
    So JJ caught 3 of Eli's first 4 completions. Is he starting? On the outside? I saw some pics of JJ lined up on the outside in 3wr sets yesterday with Cruz in the slot and Route Tree Randell on the other side. Maybe the coaches feel JJ really can play on the outside ala Steve Smith - about the same measurables. I think ODB is here to challenge RR. 4 WR Cruz and JJ slots with ODB, MM and RR fighting for 2 spots on the outside.
    We haven't even gotten to camp, it's way too early to be speculating based on these infrequent reports
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Good question. I initially thought that ODB and JJ would be battling but based on this info, perhaps you are right and the battle will be between Randle and ODB.

I really believe Eli has a comfort level and chemistry with Jernigan. From the last 2 games of the season, Jernigan was basically the offensive weapon and catalyst. Cruz(Slot) Jernigan ODB

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    We haven't even gotten to camp, it's way too early to be speculating based on these infrequent reports
    People speculate all the time. There's not an official "start speculating time". We take info, process it , give an opinion on what might be. Happens everyday on here.

In terms of WRs and who is where I would say Beckham is the key.

If Beckham proves to be a legit #1 or #2 WR --- then I think we'll be fine with Beckham/Cruz leading the way and Randle/Jernigan/Manningham all being very capable 3rd or 4th options at worst...IMO.

We need Beckham to be a legit weapon however he is classified (1 or 2).

JJ is the move guy, hes going to line up everywhere. Like Cobb does for GB. Probably will even see him in the backfield occasionally.

If we make him a Cobb like player that would be great. Good to hear. This kid has great speed. I've always been high on him. Let's hope he has a big year

Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    JJ is the move guy, hes going to line up everywhere. Like Cobb does for GB. Probably will even see him in the backfield occasionally.
    Sounds accurate.