+ Reply to Thread

Giants looking at ‘evolution, not revolution’ in new coach Ben McAdoo

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...ch-ben-mcadoo/

The music blared at the New York Giants’ indoor practice facility last week while players moved briskly through a set of drills on the final day of a minicamp wrapping up the team’s on-field activities before the break prior to training camp. It was a new-age NFL practice, with one playlist scripting the football X’s and O’s and another orchestrating the accompanying high-decibel sounds.

Yet as players and coaches paced through their work, they did so with four Super Bowl championship banners hanging overhead — two at each end of the building — serving as oh-so-visible reminders that this remains the tradition-laden franchise of the Mara and Tisch families, of Bill Parcells and, yes, of Tom Coughlin, who coached the team to two of those glorious victories.Read on.....

"Thumper! What did your father tell you?"

Thumper (looking rather forlorn): "If you can't say somethin' nice..." (sigh) "...don't say nothin' at all."

I've got good feelings about Mac. I don't think he's gonna bust outta the gate and be a genius right off, but I feel he's a responsible, smart, organized guy who loves football.

Veteran
    I like his offense for Eli. Eli has adapted and been successful in this quick read and hit passing game. I like it.. But McAdoo has a tendency in the last 2 years to do too much dink and dunk. Coughlin was right about loosening up and going a little deeper a little more often. I believe in the long run it will make for more completions and yardage with more room for the underneath receivers. Plus if were able to run for the first time since McAdoo has been here. But I do like this offense it is very QB friendly. Especially if Eli could not throw the stupid ints. he would cut his total in half. Eli should be around a minimal of 35 TD's and 4500 yds.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by That Guy Rich View Post
    I like his offense for Eli. Eli has adapted and been successful in this quick read and hit passing game. I like it.. But McAdoo has a tendency in the last 2 years to do too much dink and dunk. Coughlin was right about loosening up and going a little deeper a little more often. I believe in the long run it will make for more completions and yardage with more room for the underneath receivers. Plus if were able to run for the first time since McAdoo has been here. But I do like this offense it is very QB friendly. Especially if Eli could not throw the stupid ints. he would cut his total in half. Eli should be around a minimal of 35 TD's and 4500 yds.
    Eli and stupid ints will always be there and we just gotta accept that. But you are right that this offense has helped Eli in regards to his numbers. This offense definitely needs to throw deep a lot more considering that ODB Jr. is freak of nature. Pretty much agreed with everything you said. This offense can be something scary with a good running game with the receiving core we have.

Sterling is going to be solid, and the 3rd option whether its Harris or Cruz, we will be fine. The big difference between this year and last year is Paul Perkins. He is the real deal. He wants the ball all the time, the guy is tough and makes cuts like a mad man. The big thing also is that he is a receiver threat. When the blitz comes, this guy is an automatic target for the ball. If all goes well, teams are going to have fits trying to stop us. When all is said and done, Eli is going to have the best offensive attack he has ever had. Im hoping by November TE Adams will start getting worked into the offense. This guy loves to mash up front and he plays with that (bavarroesque) mentality on the field. If he pans out, BMAC and ELI are going to have fun toying with defenses.

Quote Originally Posted by That Guy Rich View Post
    McAdoo will not be calling the offensive plays this season. Mike Sullivan is the O coordinator now.

so the giants want to be like apple

slightly improve year after year

good to know!

NY GIANTS ... NY METS ... UNC TAR HEELS ... CHICAGO BULLS

Hate the Yanks, Knicks **** as usual, Duke n NC state cant touch My Tar Heels success

I think there is going to be an evolution here. Im going to say it and probably rattle some people but I think the cowboys are about to devolve. They messed up when they took Zeke. He is a very good RB but to gamble the #4 pick on him when they already had Mcfadden and Morris, along with a glass QB. Big mistake. Watch Zekes tape. There are a ton of gaping holes he is running through because of that #1 O line. On a ton of those runs he isnt even touched. Sure he has speed straight away but the NFL isnt going to let you run like that. Watch him try and create, good but nothing to scream about. Eye test says he is a good back not a special must have at #4., maybe #10 - #15. Look at Mcfadden , he is a big back with 4.44 speed still but a threat as a receiver. A lot more of an adjustment to take against him but he does have an injury history. Tough call but the QB position was the glaring option to solve not rb. Its all or nothing for them. Perkins will eventually have a huge impact for this offense. Who was the #1 RB in CFB who forced missed tackles last year? It was not Zeke, Fournette, Henry, or Dixon. It was Paul Perkins and this supposed little guy also had the yard avg after contact, Not buying the Zeke taking them to super bowl hype. Maybe its just me I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by I Bleed Blue View Post
    McAdoo will not be calling the offensive plays this season. Mike Sullivan is the O coordinator now.
    doesnt me Mac wont call the plays though.
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy E View Post
    I think there is going to be an evolution here. Im going to say it and probably rattle some people but I think the cowboys are about to devolve. They messed up when they took Zeke. He is a very good RB but to gamble the #4 pick on him when they already had Mcfadden and Morris, along with a glass QB. Big mistake. Watch Zekes tape. There are a ton of gaping holes he is running through because of that #1 O line. On a ton of those runs he isnt even touched. Sure he has speed straight away but the NFL isnt going to let you run like that. Watch him try and create, good but nothing to scream about. Eye test says he is a good back not a special must have at #4., maybe #10 - #15. Look at Mcfadden , he is a big back with 4.44 speed still but a threat as a receiver. A lot more of an adjustment to take against him but he does have an injury history. Tough call but the QB position was the glaring option to solve not rb. Its all or nothing for them. Perkins will eventually have a huge impact for this offense. Who was the #1 RB in CFB who forced missed tackles last year? It was not Zeke, Fournette, Henry, or Dixon. It was Paul Perkins and this supposed little guy also had the yard avg after contact, Not buying the Zeke taking them to super bowl hype. Maybe its just me I guess.
    If anyone needed an example of thread derailment. When did you become Perkins agent ?