+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

DT Jay Bromley talks nose tackle and compares Tom Coughlin to Doug Marrone

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2...g_marrone.html

Excerpt: " It has been a rather quiet summer for rookie defensive tackle Jay Bromley. The third-round pick out of Syracuse has spent much of Giants training camp working alongside fellow rookie Kelcy Quarles on the third-team defense.

It doesn't necessarily mean Bromley has struggled. He's had his moments.

At times, he's overpowered second-round pick Weston Richburg and veteran Dallas Reynolds on the interior. He's also shown up in the backfield on more than a few occasions. At this pace, it wouldn't be surprising to see Bromley as part of the four-man defensive tackle rotation sooner rather than later.

Still, for a third-round pick, Bromley has flown under the radar. That's why we decided to check in on his progress and first training camp.

First impression of training camp: Meetings, meetings, lots of meetings. You're in those meeting rooms a long time, especially as a rookie. Even if I'm not on special teams, I have to go to special teams meetings, so that sucks. It's an extra hour a day that I'm in meetings.

How much more meetings than college: It's more than college, but the same token, practice is a little shorter than college. In college, you have two-a-days and all the other stuff. So you don't have the same amount of stress on your body." Read more...
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

I think he played pretty well the other night against Pittsburgh in limited time. He was constantly in the backfield or pushing guys back.

Consider me satisfied with his transition so far.

him and Hankins both played very well, they're our future at DT

GET WELL SOON

Quote Originally Posted by ArizonaGiant View Post
    I think he played pretty well the other night against Pittsburgh in limited time. He was constantly in the backfield or pushing guys back.

Consider me satisfied with his transition so far.
    He looked great but it was such a horrible pick because some random mock draft said so

Quote Originally Posted by DownWitJPP View Post
    him and Hankins both played very well, they're our future at DT
    I'm excited for both. Our internal line was constantly getting push - disrupting both run and pass plays.

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    He looked great but it was such a horrible pick because some random mock draft said so
    Right? 6th rounder? That tells you how much Mock drafts should be trusted.

For me, he passed the eye test watching him play in college. He was much stronger and better player than those around him. He didn't have any stars around him on a poor team and he still played great. I thought, imagine him on a team with a real professional coaching staff and equal talent next to him?

Thought the big guy did a nice job last week, he didn't get pushed around…of course that wasn't the ones.

Veteran
    Lol...

It's amazing how all the reach talk dies down once the guy flashes a little.

At the end of the day if he turns out to be an NFL quality starter in a few years then he justifies the 3rd round placing. Let's see how it goes and give him a season to show what he's got and where he might go. Certainly off to a good start and honestly have to like the personalities and character that Giants brought in and drafted. There's a reason all these guys were captains and for all the joking it does show in their professionalism.
    "Release the Kraken!"

- Dan Dierdorf, Giants vs Dolphins, 10/30/2011

The Giant's could have got him as an unseated free agent, the pick was preposterous!