+ Reply to Thread

NY Giants WR Odell Beckham Jr. getting lots of buzz at Pro Bowl

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/fo...icle-1.2089016

Excerpt: "As Odell Beckham runs routes with some of the best receivers in football this week, his catch is all they seem to want to talk about. And yes, he said, they’ve all made it clear that they want to see it again.

Not that the Giants rookie receiver is surprised by that. In fact, he knows that’s what everybody wants to see when he plays in the Pro Bowl in Glendale, Ariz., on Sunday night.

“I don’t really feel any pressure to do it, but I’ll do my best for them,” Beckham told the Daily News by phone on Thursday, after practicing with “Team Irvin” at Luke Air Force Base in Glendale. “I know it’s more for the fans and for us to just have fun and enjoy the moment. So whatever happens, happens.

“But I’m not promising anything.”

He may not offer any guarantees, but it’s a safe bet the 22-year-old Beckham will at least try to duplicate the spectacular, leaping, falling, one-handed catch he made against the Dallas Cowboys back in November. After all, it’s something he works on in just about every practice — including during the Pro Bowl practice on Thursday afternoon.

“There was one ball today where I kind of tried,” Beckham said. “But I didn’t catch it. And you could tell that everybody wanted to see that.”

That won’t be the only reason eyes are on Beckham on Sunday night at the University of Phoenix Stadium. The likely NFL Offensive Rookie of the Year is coming off a spectacular debut season in which he caught 91 passes for 1,305 yards and 12 touchdowns in just 12 games. He tied the NFL record set by former Cowboys receiver Michael Irvin — the honorary captain of Beckham’s Pro Bowl team — with nine straight games of at least 90 yards receiving. In fact he topped 130 in five of those last six games.

He was not one of the eight receivers voted into the Pro Bowl, but he was named the first alternate and was added to the roster when Detroit’s Calvin Johnson pulled out with an injury. His rookie season was eye-popping enough, though, that in the “Pro Bowl draft” on Wednesday night he was the second player selected by Irvin (after Cowboys quarterback Tony Romo) and the second receiver and fourth player drafted overall." Read more...
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

He's sooo much better than that dang catch
    Odell Beckham Jr. Is my husband. Get over it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    When's your due date?
    Teflon Tom is my idol.

Quote Originally Posted by sharick88 View Post
    When's your due date?
    Birth control

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    What catch?

Shoutout to SanAntonioGiant for the sig!

Quote Originally Posted by NYGfanNC View Post
    What catch?

Odell!!!!!
    New York Giants Superbowl XXI, XXV, XLII, XLVI Champions!!!!!