+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Reese's tenuous position -- potential impact on Draft and Free Agency

While we have no choice but to accept the fact that Reese somehow kept his job, think about this:

1. In making draft choices, Reese feels the pressure and refuses to invest in a player who is injured but is the best player available at a position we need to fill badly -- even if the injury is not career threatening in all likelihood.

2. Free agents are unwilling to play for NYG except at inflated sums, due to the likelihood that a bad 2016-2017 could lead to massive changes in the organization.

Did ownership think this through? How could Reese's upside outweigh this downside? Hard to imagine.

How many of these Reese threads are you going to initiate?
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Quote Originally Posted by Mick Jagger View Post
    While we have no choice but to accept the fact that Reese somehow kept his job, think about this:

1. In making draft choices, Reese feels the pressure and refuses to invest in a player who is injured but is the best player available at a position we need to fill badly -- even if the injury is not career threatening in all likelihood.

2. Free agents are unwilling to play for NYG except at inflated sums, due to the likelihood that a bad 2016-2017 could lead to massive changes in the organization.

Did ownership think this through? How could Reese's upside outweigh this downside? Hard to imagine.
    Yeah I thought it made sense to start completely fresh

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    How many of these Reese threads are you going to initiate?
    Instead of ranting, why not answer the serious question posed?

Quote Originally Posted by Mick Jagger View Post
    Instead of ranting, why not answer the serious question posed?
    I'm not the one ranting. Reese is here to stay, you are going to have to come to grips with it.

I assure you John Mara thought it through.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Veteran
    He's got a point though. I've seen many posters say that Reese won't draft a guy like Jaylon Smith cuz he's on the hotseat and will make the safe pick instead. Is that a good thing? Going the safe route and possibly passing over a Patrick Willis type stud talent because you're worried about your job and can't take that chance? Safe isn't always the right move.

I'm not the one ranting. Reese is here to stay, you are going to have to come to grips with it.

I assure you John Mara thought it through.
    Oh really? I'm sure he did -- but on what possible basis could he decide that Reese's track record justified taking that risk? That's the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by BleedBlue15 View Post
    He's got a point though. I've seen many posters say that Reese won't draft a guy like Jaylon Smith cuz he's on the hotseat and will make the safe pick instead. Is that a good thing? Going the safe route and possibly passing over a Patrick Willis type stud talent because you're worried about your job and can't take that chance? Safe isn't always the right move.
    Exactly

Quote Originally Posted by BleedBlue15 View Post
    I wish Reese had been shown the door, but he wasn't and won't be any time soon. All we can hope for is he has better luck than he's been having.

I wish Reese had been shown the door, but he wasn't and won't be any time soon. All we can hope for is he has better luck than he's been having.
    Gee whiz -- what intelligence. Now answer the question.