+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 66
  1. #1
    Moderator RoanokeFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    106,722

    New York Giants’ Justin Pugh Working to Add Strength, More “Violent Hands” Headed into 2015

    http://www.giants101.com/2015/03/24/...ded-into-2015/

    Excerpt: "New York Giants right tackle Justin Pugh had a rollercoaster season in 2014, at times appearing dominant and at other times appearing like a young player still in transition. He had a brutal four-game stretch where he was given a negative grade courtesy of Pro Football Focus, but then ended on a strong four-game stretch where he earned a positive grade.

    Overall, Pugh exited 2014 with a -2.1 grade and that's something he'll certainly look improve upon in 2015 — something that starts by working hard in the offseason and bulking up.

    "I'm definitely working on building up muscle endurance. I started a new diet and I'm trying out the whole Gluten-free [thing]," Pugh told Giants.com. "Working on making my hands more violent and just working on overall endurance.

    "[I want to be] more powerful; being able to play with power and being able move guys off the line of scrimmage. I want to help this offensive line establish a better and more consistent run game. And I think being a stronger, more physically intimidating group is definitely going to help us."

    Although he still intends to play right tackle for the Giants, there has been some ongoing speculation that Pugh may shift to the inside next season. Whether or not that come to fruition remains to be seen, but in the event he is asked to move inside, Pugh has prepared himself the best he can." Read more...
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1






    # 80

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    http://www.giants101.com/2015/03/24/...ded-into-2015/

    Excerpt: "New York Giants right tackle Justin Pugh had a rollercoaster season in 2014, at times appearing dominant and at other times appearing like a young player still in transition. He had a brutal four-game stretch where he was given a negative grade courtesy of Pro Football Focus, but then ended on a strong four-game stretch where he earned a positive grade.

    Overall, Pugh exited 2014 with a -2.1 grade and that's something he'll certainly look improve upon in 2015 — something that starts by working hard in the offseason and bulking up.

    "I'm definitely working on building up muscle endurance. I started a new diet and I'm trying out the whole Gluten-free [thing]," Pugh told Giants.com. "Working on making my hands more violent and just working on overall endurance.

    "[I want to be] more powerful; being able to play with power and being able move guys off the line of scrimmage. I want to help this offensive line establish a better and more consistent run game. And I think being a stronger, more physically intimidating group is definitely going to help us."

    Although he still intends to play right tackle for the Giants, there has been some ongoing speculation that Pugh may shift to the inside next season. Whether or not that come to fruition remains to be seen, but in the event he is asked to move inside, Pugh has prepared himself the best he can." Read more...
    Speculating here but sure sounds like someone who has been told to be prepared for anything.

    I like his comments relative to the versatility of the best Giant lineman from the past.

    This is the type of attitude I want from my lineman....I'll play where the team needs me and I'll play well.

  3. #3
    All-Pro slipknottin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Northeast
    Posts
    42,793
    His run blocking was his big issue, he needs that to improve anywhere he lines up.


    I like that the training staff lets them use fad diets that dont work. Thats always helpful

  4. #4
    Moderator RoanokeFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    106,722
    Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    His run blocking was his big issue, he needs that to improve anywhere he lines up.


    I like that the training staff lets them use fad diets that dont work. Thats always helpful
    How do we know they are letting him?
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1






    # 80

  5. #5
    All-Pro slipknottin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Northeast
    Posts
    42,793
    Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    How do we know they are letting him?
    well if hes doing it...

  6. #6
    Moderator RoanokeFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    106,722
    Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    well if hes doing it...
    That doesn't mean they are letting him do it. They can't even talk football with their own players right now.

    These players aren't conscripted and have free will.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1






    # 80

  7. #7
    All-Pro slipknottin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Northeast
    Posts
    42,793
    Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    That doesn't mean they are letting him do it. They can't even talk football with their own players right now.

    These players aren't conscripted and have free will.
    Pretty sure the training staff gives them all offseason guides to training and eating.

  8. #8
    Moderator RoanokeFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    106,722
    Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    Pretty sure the training staff gives them all offseason guides to training and eating.
    And they are asked to hang around to do film study during the season and don't. I can't believe they have that much control over the players' lives and certainly can't imagine the NFLPA agreeing to that kind of mandated regimen
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1






    # 80

  9. #9
    All-Pro slipknottin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Northeast
    Posts
    42,793
    Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    And they are asked to hang around to do film study during the season and don't. I can't believe they have that much control over the players' lives and certainly can't imagine the NFLPA agreeing to that kind of mandated regimen
    thats fine, if he wants to ignore what the training staff tells him and do his own thing. Im sure hes an expert. Err

  10. #10
    All-Pro TheAnalyst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Original Member since 04-04-04
    Posts
    11,093
    Violent hands mean nothing with short arms.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts