+ Reply to Thread
Page 101 of 1308 FirstFirst ... 5191991001011021031111512016011101 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 13071

Thread: DID YOU KNOW??

Re: DID YOU KNOW??

all your calls on #72 are great..........did Jim Prestel wear #72 when he was a Giant for about a second?...haha

Z

[quote user="YATittle1962"]all your calls on #72 are great..........did Jim Prestel wear #72 when he was a Giant for about a second?...haha

Z

[/quote]

Wow, good one YA.I don't remember that name at all, so I looked it up... sure enough, Jim Prestel, for one year, 1966, at Left Defensive Tackle. I'm surprised I didn't remember... Prestel... I would have thought Pretzel. I always thought, "Joe Taffoni, no baloney (here's a non-Giant related question... why is it bolgna, and not baloney? Some one was playing with our language.)

I'm hoping Osi will wear the number about 7-8 more years for us

[quote user="zimonami"]

[quote user="YATittle1962"]all your calls on #72 are great..........did Jim Prestel wear #72 when he was a Giant for about a second?...haha

Z

[/quote]

Wow, good one YA.I don't remember that name at all, so I looked it up... sure enough, Jim Prestel, for one year, 1966, at Left Defensive Tackle. I'm surprised I didn't remember... Prestel... I would have thought Pretzel. I always thought, "Joe Taffoni, no baloney (here's a non-Giant related question... why is it bolgna, and not baloney? Some one was playing with our language.)

[/quote]

I think it si named after a city in Italy...something like that.......

who had the most kick off return yards in 1967?
    who had the most punt return yards in 1967?

Veteran

[quote user="YATittle1962"][quote user="zimonami"]

Z

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Endless knowledge my friend!

[quote user="napier23"][quote user="YATittle1962"][quote user="zimonami"]

Z

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Endless knowledge my friend!

[/quote]

am I right?...........its a guess.....

....isnt most cold cut deli meat named after a city in Italy.....hahahaha

lol... another good call, YA. It is named after Bologna, Italy... But, they pronounce it Balonia, not baloney.

I think Clarence Childs was out kick return guy that year, but I haven't got a clue on Punt returns

[quote user="zimonami"]

lol... another good call, YA. It is named after Bologna, Italy... But, they pronounce it Balonia, not baloney.

I think Clarence Childs was out kick return guy that year, but I haven't got a clue on Punt returns

[/quote]

Childs is right on...and Im pretty sure Spider was returning most punts

who led the team in interceptions with 7 in 1978?

Z

[quote user="YATittle1962"][quote user="zimonami"]

lol... another good call, YA. It is named after Bologna, Italy... But, they pronounce it* Balonia, not* baloney.

[/quote]

Childs is right on...and Im pretty sure Spider was returning most punts
    [/quote]

I might be dating myself here (but that's ok, in high school, I dated myself plenty) but the earliest memory I have of the Giants was when I was a little kid and Childs returned a kickoff back for a TD against the Browns, but I'm not sure it was the Browns. Had to be '63, '64.

You know, one of the main reasons why this thread is awesome is because the name Joe Taffoni is discussed. I'm not sure but I think there's room on the web for JoeTaffoni.com, a mellow site where his fans can go and remember the glory days.