+ Reply to Thread
Page 1243 of 1318 FirstFirst ... 2437431143119312331241124212431244124512531293 ... LastLast
Results 12,421 to 12,430 of 13173

Thread: DID YOU KNOW??

Quote Originally Posted by BigBlueAllDay View Post
    Winner! Congrats!
    Maybe my memory is misfiring again, but I thought Patton's 98-yard kickoff return was in 1953, not '55. As I recall, the Skins were leading the division at 4-0. We won because Emlen the Gremlin intercepted a Skins' pass in the end zone; Patton ran back a punt for a TD in addition to the kickoff; and Alex Webster slithered on his belly through the mud from the 5-yard line for another score (those were the days when a runner was not considered down until his forward progress was stopped -- crawling was allowed, and piling on was therefore normal.

Quote Originally Posted by Astorian View Post
    Maybe my memory is misfiring again, but I thought Patton's 98-yard kickoff return was in 1953, not '55. As I recall, the Skins were leading the division at 4-0. We won because Emlen the Gremlin intercepted a Skins' pass in the end zone; Patton ran back a punt for a TD in addition to the kickoff; and Alex Webster slithered on his belly through the mud from the 5-yard line for another score (those were the days when a runner was not considered down until his forward progress was stopped -- crawling was allowed, and piling on was therefore normal.
    Even more amazing, you actually saw the game.
    My sources are saying it's 1955. You're correct with the kickoff TD and punt return TD in the same game and he's the first player NFL in history to do that. His 98 yard kickoff return for a TD is the longest in Giants history by 1 yard over Ron Dixon's two 97-yard kickoff returns in the 2000 season playoffs. He's No. 33 of the 50 Greatest Giants in franchise history as per ESPN and is second in interceptions in franchise history with 52. His life was tragically cut short due to a car accident.

http://espn.go.com/newyork/photos/ga...-photo-gallery

Mad respect for a long time Giants fan!

good stuff, Astorian... great memory. Loved the old RB's crawling... The QB's also used to get hit 1-2 seconds after releasing the ball.

wow... no one came here to wish a Merry, or a Happy. Has our poor site lost its appeal?
    I didn't see this on the board today, although it must have been noted somewhere.
    A quickie... whose B'Day is it today, and how old is he?

Quote Originally Posted by zimonami View Post
    wow... no one came here to wish a Merry, or a Happy. Has our poor site lost its appeal?
    I didn't see this on the board today, although it must have been noted somewhere.
    A quickie... whose B'Day is it today, and how old is he?
    eli 32 I think
    "When I was 15, I could not believe how dumb my father was.....when I was 25, I could not believe how much he had learned in 10 years"

1st to use the phrase "In Reese we trust"

Quote Originally Posted by fansince69 View Post
    eli 32 I think
    Right on.

Quote Originally Posted by zimonami View Post
    Right on.
    yeah ...that was a tough one lol....I don't have the ambition to think of a worthy question....go ahead zim post another....
    "When I was 15, I could not believe how dumb my father was.....when I was 25, I could not believe how much he had learned in 10 years"

1st to use the phrase "In Reese we trust"

Just heard this on Sirius...

5 QBs started season as back-ups and went on to win the SB that year...name them... (could be 6 if Kaperdoodle wins) ??

Hint..2 of them involve Giants
    Last edited by keyofgmen; 01-26-2013 at 01:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by keyofgmen View Post
    Just heard this on Sirius...

5 QBs started season as back-ups and went on to win the SB that year...name them... (could be 6 if Kaperdoodle wins) ??
    All Giants fans should know at least one of them.