+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 1350 FirstFirst 1234513531035031003 ... LastLast

Thread: DID YOU KNOW??

Re: DID YOU KNOW??

[quote user="zimonami"]

[quote user="YATittle1962"]who is quoted saying to Pat Summerall...
    "you sonofa***** you know you can't kick it that far!"
    [/quote]

Can only think it coulda been Gino marchetti in the '58 Greatest game

[/quote]

Vince Lombardi
    after he kicked a 49 yarder in the snow in the Cleveland game that got them to the championship in 58

[quote user="BlueBlitzer"]

[quote user="BookieBolin"]What Giant rookie RB ran for a 90+yard TD on his first ever carry in a preseason game?[/quote]

Rocky Thompson, one of the worst 1st round picks ever.

[/quote]

I am fairly positive that you are right... Rocky at the Yale Bowl, preseason, 1971. I was at that game.

BUT, I am also pretty sure that Rodney Hampton did it in 1990, at Giant stadium, 1990. I was there then, too.

I go to all the preseason games because I like to see the rookies and our depth. Clearly remember Strahan's 1st preseason game at Giant Stadium, thinking... this guys gonna be good.

Bench Player

good guess, I think he may have returned a kickoff for a TD, but not who Im thinking about.

Old Rocky had a big afro that stuck out on all sides of his helmet lol

Bench Player

we have a winner, Rodney Hampton, I believe it was 98 yards and I also think it was a MNF telecast

[quote user="zimonami"][quote user="BlueBlitzer"]

[quote user="BookieBolin"]What Giant rookie RB ran for a 90+yard TD on his first ever carry in a preseason game?[/quote]

Rocky Thompson, one of the worst 1st round picks ever.

[/quote]

I am fairly positive that you are right... Rocky at the Yale Bowl, preseason, 1971. I was at that game.

BUT, I am also pretty sure that Rodney Hampton did it in 1990, at Giant stadium, 1990. I was there then, too.

I go to all the preseason games because I like to see the rookies and our depth. Clearly remember Strahan's 1st preseason game at Giant Stadium, thinking... this guys gonna be good.

[/quote] You're right as rain. I forgot about Rodney.Al Michaels said not a bad way to start a career. And ironicly it was against the Buffalo Bills

Who was the very first Host of ESPN's Monday Night Matchup ?

[quote user="BlueBlitzer"]Who was the very first Host of ESPN's Monday Night Matchup ?[/quote]

keith jackson, then replaced by Giff. I think jackson preferred college footbal, unless he was replaced simply because Giff was a bigger draw. Those years with Giff, Dandy Don, and Cosell were great with Don constantly tossing out incredibly subtle digs at Howard that passed right over his head. meanwhile, you could just tell Giff wanted to bust out laughing, but he couldn't. I jusy KNOW that Giff reveled in dumb jock Meredith getting the best of pompous know it all Cosell, and Cosell never knowing it... it was fun

[quote user="YATittle1962"][quote user="zimonami"][quote user="YATittle1962"][quote user="zimonami"]

[quote user="BookieBolin"]not Koy or Tucker, and my clue was incorrect, was a Giant draft pick in '64 and played 2 seasons in NY, retired in 71.[/quote]

Thank you... that makes a difference. Wheelwright ... can't remember his first name... want to say Ernie, like Koy, but the brain won't say yes.

[/quote]
    good call

what Gaint D lineman owned a sporting goods store and worked in it everyday during the season and in the off season?
    actually 2 sporting goods stores.
    [/quote]

Andy Robustelli?

[/quote]
    nice
    [/quote]

Andy and his family were my neighbors in Stamford. Ct. He went on to own Robustelli Travel Agency on Bank St. in Stamford for many, many years.

[quote user="Bleedin Blue Since '62"][quote user="YATittle1962"][quote user="zimonami"][quote user="YATittle1962"][quote user="zimonami"]

[quote user="BookieBolin"]not Koy or Tucker, and my clue was incorrect, was a Giant draft pick in '64 and played 2 seasons in NY, retired in 71.[/quote]

Thank you... that makes a difference. Wheelwright ... can't remember his first name... want to say Ernie, like Koy, but the brain won't say yes.

[/quote]
    good call

what Gaint D lineman owned a sporting goods store and worked in it everyday during the season and in the off season?
    actually 2 sporting goods stores.
    [/quote]

Andy Robustelli?

[/quote]
    nice
    [/quote]

Andy and his family were my neighbors in Stamford. Ct. He went on to own Robustelli Travel Agency on Bank St. in Stamford for many, many years.

[/quote]
    wow! for real?
    did you get to know him?
    or his many many kids?..hahahaha

What ex Giant running back was head coach and said about Joe Morrison..(really just being kind)......"when he retires, they should retire his number as well"
    ...and they did