+ Reply to Thread
Page 501 of 1350 FirstFirst ... 4014514914995005015025035115516011001 ... LastLast
Results 5,001 to 5,010 of 13492

Thread: DID YOU KNOW??

Re: DID YOU KNOW??

[quote user="zimonami"][quote user="rbcarpenter"][quote user="zimonami"]

Harry started from '76 - '88. 13 seasons

Starting LB's every year with Harry

'76, '77, '78 - Van Pelt and Kelley

'79... went to the 3-4. Starters with Harry were Van Pelt, Kelley, Dan Lloyd

'80 - Van Pelt, Skorupan, and Marion.

'81, '82, '83 - Van Pelt, Kelley, and Taylor

'84, '85- Hunt, Reasons and Taylor

'86 - Banks, Reasons, and Taylor

'87, '88 - Banks, Pepper, and Taylor

Not a bad crew of LB's in any of those years. God, we were spoiled then.

Question... Harry started at MLB in his rookie year, '76. Who was the MLB in '75 that lost his job to Harry?

[/quote]unless my memory banks are malfunctioning due to that 30 oz t-bone i just munched,i recall skorupan was pretty bad,but joe mclaughclin was absolutely horrible.was joe harry's back-up?(i remember he was the first player i made up a nasty nickname for.watching him get to the point of attack about 1 and 1/4 steps late,i started to call him"cement shoes joe"-causing my dad to spew his gin and tonic across the living room....ahh,the memories..)
    [/quote]

lol... good story, rbc

yeah, Skorupan wasn't great... surely the lowest ranked of any others. But, Frank Marion was decent

[/quote]

This list just goes to show you how our defensive focus has shifted over the years from making LB a draft priority to DL the draft priority. I would have no problem with us going back to a 3-4 once the personnel is up to the task. Truth is, if we trade Osi like a lot of articles suggest, and drafted towards a 3-4 slant we could probably pull it off this year. Sintim, a McClain, even Goff and Boley seem better suited for that style. Tuck, Cofield, Kiwi. It would mean getting rid of a few D linemen not suited for nose tackle, but it would be a more attacking style out of the LBs. That is something we are sorely missing.

Anything would be better than last year's D. With the Giant tradition established, last year was rough to watch.

Now that all the boats are burned, it's hockey season.

[quote user="ny06"]Who scored the opening touchdown against the Chicago Bears in the 1956 championship game?[/quote]

Webster

[quote user="Roswell777"][quote user="zimonami"][quote user="rbcarpenter"][quote user="zimonami"]

Harry started from '76 - '88. 13 seasons

Starting LB's every year with Harry

'76, '77, '78 - Van Pelt and Kelley

'79... went to the 3-4. Starters with Harry were Van Pelt, Kelley, Dan Lloyd

'80 - Van Pelt, Skorupan, and Marion.

'81, '82, '83 - Van Pelt, Kelley, and Taylor

'84, '85- Hunt, Reasons and Taylor

'86 - Banks, Reasons, and Taylor

'87, '88 - Banks, Pepper, and Taylor

Not a bad crew of LB's in any of those years. God, we were spoiled then.

Question... Harry started at MLB in his rookie year, '76. Who was the MLB in '75 that lost his job to Harry?

[/quote]unless my memory banks are malfunctioning due to that 30 oz t-bone i just munched,i recall skorupan was pretty bad,but joe mclaughclin was absolutely horrible.was joe harry's back-up?(i remember he was the first player i made up a nasty nickname for.watching him get to the point of attack about 1 and 1/4 steps late,i started to call him"cement shoes joe"-causing my dad to spew his gin and tonic across the living room....ahh,the memories..)
    [/quote]

lol... good story, rbc

yeah, Skorupan wasn't great... surely the lowest ranked of any others. But, Frank Marion was decent

[/quote]

This list just goes to show you how our defensive focus has shifted over the years from making LB a draft priority to DL the draft priority. I would have no problem with us going back to a 3-4 once the personnel is up to the task. Truth is, if we trade Osi like a lot of articles suggest, and drafted towards a 3-4 slant we could probably pull it off this year. Sintim, a McClain, even Goff and Boley seem better suited for that style. Tuck, Cofield, Kiwi. It would mean getting rid of a few D linemen not suited for nose tackle, but it would be a more attacking style out of the LBs. That is something we are sorely missing.

Anything would be better than last year's D. With the Giant tradition established, last year was rough to watch.

[/quote]

Yeah, anything would be better. It was very difficult to watch, especially since there seemed to be little effort and pride.

I'd like to see a 3-4, too. But, we surely would need 4-5 very good LB's. I'm not sure what we have in Sintim and Boley. Goff might do well... still not enough experience to go on, even with him. I'm still praying that our #1 is a LB this draft... someone tohelp bring back the pride. If we go 3-4 we'll need 2 LB's, like Carson and Reasons, who can stuff the run. I expect Sintim would be that blitzing LB to put the pressure on, ala LT. Now, who is going to be the LB who, like Banks, can keep his feet and string out any wide run?

[quote user="Bleedin Blue Since '62"]

[quote user="ny06"]Who scored the opening touchdown against the Chicago Bears in the 1956 championship game?[/quote]

Webster

[/quote]already answered a page or two ago,bbs62,it was triplett.sorry[]

[quote user="rbcarpenter"][quote user="Bleedin Blue Since '62"]

Webster

[/quote]already answered a page or two ago,bbs62,it was triplett.sorry[]
    [/quote]

Well I would have missed with my second guess which would have been Gifford. I had no hope on this one[]

It's 1974, we go an impressive 2-12.

Who led the team in receptions?

no googling etc please.

[quote user="Bleedin Blue Since '62"]

no googling etc please.

[/quote]

I'll go with Bob Tucker.

[quote user="zimonami"][quote user="Bleedin Blue Since '62"]

no googling etc please.

[/quote]

I'll go with Bob Tucker.

[/quote]

incorrect sir.

[quote user="Bleedin Blue Since '62"][quote user="zimonami"][quote user="Bleedin Blue Since '62"]

no googling etc please.

[/quote]

I'll go with Bob Tucker.

[/quote]

incorrect sir.

[/quote]

How about Jimmy Robinson?

Now that all the boats are burned, it's hockey season.

[quote user="Bleedin Blue Since '62"][quote user="zimonami"][quote user="Bleedin Blue Since '62"]

no googling etc please.

[/quote]

I'll go with Bob Tucker.

[/quote]

incorrect sir.

[/quote]

Im sticking with Zim on the Bob Tucker......Im everything but positive its him