+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What do we do in the draft?

Quote Originally Posted by GeoGoGo View Post
    Hi Everyone,

Well, this team sure feels full of holes. Oline is bad, dline is old, no big time linebacker for how long now? What do the Giants do in the upcoming draft? All I know is whomever comes with our 1st pick, they have to contribute immediately. I don't want to see them starting to show flashes in week 15. They may not have to start but they need to contribute game 1.

I would love to see a big time linebacker. Someone who can assist the line with the rush. I don't follow college foootball very closely but I hear a lot of talk about the guy from Notre Dame, Mantai Taeo. It sounds like he is going really high, like top 10. Could the Giants make a move to get him? Is that possible?

What do you guys think? Let's hear your ideas. Thanks everyone for the time.

Let go, Giants!!!
    what about the kid from rutgers?

Quote Originally Posted by JB456 View Post
    I agree with going after a dominant LB but I just don't think the Giants coaching will do it. They have come up with a formula for winning superbowls with an average linebacking core and I just don't believe that they will use a draft pick with the first few rounds to pick one up. I believe that this staff will continue to go after DE's and Corners in the first few rounds.
    Outside of Te'o, there really isn't a 1st round ILB that does it all. C.J. Mosley (Alabama) has been mentioned but I don't like the fact that he is taken off the field when the opposition runs the ball in college. Now that we have to deal with this zone option run game from the Skins, we need good run defenders. I'm guessing rounds 2-5 for a ILB.

Quote Originally Posted by ELI_HOF_NYG View Post
    what about the kid from rutgers?
    Khaseem Greene? He's more of a weakside type but I wouldn't be all that surprised if the Giants took a shot on him in round 3 if they think he could add more weight to play the middle.

Quote Originally Posted by TheEnigma View Post
    Khaseem Greene? He's more of a weakside type but I wouldn't be all that surprised if the Giants took a shot on him in round 3 if they think he could add more weight to play the middle.
    we need a thumper who can cover the pass,,,still salty we passed over sean lee.

We need offensive linemen, and linebackers.....just like we did last year.

Hopefully Reese is done with dumpster diving for linebackers.....I love Chase, but he should be the 4th best linebacker on this team.

This defense is built on the defensive line....and when they aren't getting pressure, this defense is screwed.

I'm tired of praying for Tuck to pull his head out of his ***..... we need a linebacker with the speed and instinct to sniff out a play and slash through a gap.

Instead, we've got linebackers that make tackles after 6 yard gains.
    “Losers assemble in little groups and complain about the coaches and the players in other little groups, but winners assemble as a team,”

- Emlen Tunnell

Outside of Te'o, there really isn't a 1st round ILB that does it all. C.J. Mosley (Alabama) has been mentioned but I don't like the fact that he is taken off the field when the opposition runs the ball in college. Now that we have to deal with this zone option run game from the Skins, we need good run defenders. I'm guessing rounds 2-5 for a ILB.
    Like I mentioned before I am 100% in favor of going after a good linebacker and the thought of dealing with Skins zone option run with average linebackers makes me want to puke but do you really think the Giants coaching staff will do it? I just don't see them going after linebackers in the early rounds at all. Maybe round 4 but I would fall out of my seat if picked one before that.

I see the giants current coaching staff as set in their ways and very undynamic. Now, don't get me wrong, I have the utmost respect the coaches and what they have brought to NY but you know what they say about old dogs...

Like I mentioned before I am 100% in favor of going after a good linebacker and the thought of dealing with Skins zone option run with average linebackers makes me want to puke but do you really think the Giants coaching staff will do it? I just don't see them going after linebackers in the early rounds at all. Maybe round 4 but I would fall out of my seat if picked one before that.

I see the giants current coaching staff as set in their ways and very undynamic. Now, don't get me wrong, I have the utmost respect the coaches and what they have brought to NY but you know what they say about old dogs...
    It's a OL/DL heavy draft so Reese will probably sit back as usual and let the value pieces fall to him mixed in with some need. We'll grab a pass rusher to be the future with JPP, a versatile interior offensive lineman (I really like Dallas Thomas in round 2), and perhaps another DT considering it's the deepest position in 2013. I like Alexander Ogletree or Nico Johnson as possible inside linebacker prospects. These guys always fall down the draft (Greg Jones was projected 3rd round but we got him at 6) so Reese will sit back and wait for that to happen.

It's a OL/DL heavy draft so Reese will probably sit back as usual and let the value pieces fall to him mixed in with some need. We'll grab a pass rusher to be the future with JPP, a versatile interior offensive lineman (I really like Dallas Thomas in round 2), and perhaps another DT considering it's the deepest position in 2013. I like Alexander Ogletree or Nico Johnson as possible inside linebacker prospects. These guys always fall down the draft (Greg Jones was projected 3rd round but we got him at 6) so Reese will sit back and wait for that to happen.
    I'm okay drafting a DT.....would prefer a Pacific Islander.....we need someone that can add some fire and pride to the line. Last thing we need is another quiet dude on the line.
    “Losers assemble in little groups and complain about the coaches and the players in other little groups, but winners assemble as a team,”

- Emlen Tunnell

I'm biased, because I'm a Rutgers Alumni, but that kid is ALWAYS around the ball. He's very fast, very smart, and has great instincts. But unless I'm mistaken, he was converted from safety to LB, so I don't know how he'll stand up against a heavy NFL rushing attack.

But he's a great player, and could be a natural option in Fewell's 3 safety packages.

- Emlen Tunnell

I see the giants current coaching staff as set in their ways and very undynamic. Now, don't get me wrong, I have the utmost respect the coaches and what they have brought to NY but you know what they say about old dogs..
    I agree.....I love TC, but think he'd be better served by some younger, more creative assistants.....but that's a rant for a different thread.

- Emlen Tunnell

+ Reply to Thread