+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: What do we do in the draft?

Quote Originally Posted by joemorrisforprez View Post
    I'm okay drafting a DT.....would prefer a Pacific Islander.....we need someone that can add some fire and pride to the line. Last thing we need is another quiet dude on the line.
    http://www.sbnation.com/nfl-mock-dra...couting-report

Wait, he hates old man's football. He won't like it here then...

Even though the Giants value class and respect above all us, I sometimes wonder if this team lacks a villain. You know, that one player the other 31 teams view as a jerk but he's "our" jerk. Kind of like Jacobs was with us. Someone a little outspoken but brings heart and passion to the team. The closest thing we have to that is Rolle but he doesn't play well enough on a consistent basis to warrant it.

OL and DL and no more projects like Austin, Jernagin, Brewer, McCants, Mosely, Robinson.

In no specific order, Disruptive DT, Legit passrushing DE, or potential shutdown CB first 3 rounds.....I think we'll need a legit oline upgrade week 1 & should be able to handle that with some freed up FA $$

Also LB,RB,WR imo.....LB, need i say more?......RB, Bradshaw is one of my fav Gmen, but he cant be counted on long term & Brown has a looongg injury history & should not assume hes going to always be healthy....Wilson,Brown & a do it all RB with decent size/speed ratio for the future...
    WR, as much as id like to disagree, Losing H.A.M & not having a threat in the 3rd spot has alot to do with our offense not being as explosive & lets not forget about Nicks being hurt every year of his career....

I think its passed time for Reese to stop shopping in the bargain basement for O linemen and bring in a talented mauler with a bad attitude, you know someone other players fear because they can't handle them..

Quote Originally Posted by river555 View Post
    OL and DL and no more projects like Austin, Jernagin, Brewer, McCants, Mosely, Robinson.
    People may get mad for you saying that, but i agree.....I dont like going witht he projects every year rounds 4+ when theres always a clear BPA.....Although we may have something with Kuhn..

Quote Originally Posted by TheEnigma View Post
    Enigma's Top 5 Favorite Prospects for Round 1 (Realistic possibilities)

Ezekiel Ansah, DE, BYU - Estimated measurable: 6'5, 270lbs He was originally a track athlete before he joined the football team and became a hybrid player for the Cougars. Has seen snaps at linebacker and even DT but his true calling is rushing the passer and beating tackles with his world class athleticism

Chance Warmack, OG, Alabama - Estimated measurable: 6'2 322lbs Arguably the best offensive lineman on the Crimson Tide, Warmack is surprisingly light on his feet and can easily reach the second level to eliminate linebackers. Doesn't offer positional versatility but he can plug in and play on most teams in the 1st game.

Sheldon Richardson, DT, Missouri - Estimated measurable: 6'3 295lbs Quick off the snap to beat slower interior offensive linemen, tremendous burst in the backfield to get to the QB, and shows a relentless motor. Motivation issues and shoulder injuries could have him removed off of the Giants draft board.

Johnathan Cooper, OG, North Carolina - Estimated measurable: 6'3 310lbs Another impressive athlete at the Guard position, he shows a bit more mobility and coordination than Warmack but lacks that overpowering strength that might be desired for a power blocking sceheme. Still, he could play all 3 interior positions and that's always desired by the Giants.

Eric Fisher, OT, Central Michigan - Estimated measurable: 6'7 305lbs Very reminiscent of Nate Solder a few years back, he presents the balance and coordination to handle speed rushers and delivers excellent power in the run game despite his weight. With some added weight, he could play either T position and has the chance to be the best OT in this draft.
    Thats a nice list my friend.. Nice indeed.. I like all those prospects, and would not mind any of em. Ansah is also my 1st choice on my personal big board.. Obviously i like other players , but heres my personal big board..

1. Ez Ansah DE BYU- he reminds me of another JPP type DE, and i love the thought of having guys on both ends that can bat balls down..

2. Chance Warmack G Bama- with Wilson as are back, it would help getting him some help on the interior for inside runs...

3. Alex Okafor DE Texas- I really like Okafor as well.. Hes very strong, and can cause havoc.. I think he'd compliment JPP very well..

4. CJ Mosley LB Alabama- I love this kid.. Primetime LB right here, who can do it all... We need a stud top of the line LB.. Its been to long since we drafted a stud LB, and we can use the talent at the positon..

5. Tyler Eiftert TE N.Dame/ Eric Fisher OT C.Mich- TO tough to seperate and not keep off the list, i put Fisher and Eifert in a tie...

Just missed- Alec Ogletree(very physical, athletic speciman), Sam Montgomery DE LSU, Kawaan Short DT Purdue, Jordan Poyer CB Oregon St, Xavier Rhodes CB Florida St.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by river555 View Post
    I agree no more 'experimenting' with players, we neeed players who can contribute immediately.

WIth CJ Mosley going back to school, move up Alec Ogletree to his spot on my personal rankings.. Ogletree would be a dynamic enforcer for us, in the mold of a young Ray Lewis in my opinion...

Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    WIth CJ Mosley going back to school, move up Alec Ogletree to his spot on my personal rankings.. Ogletree would be a dynamic enforcer for us, in the mold of a young Ray Lewis in my opinion...
    You like him as a 1st rounder or 2nd? Outside of Te'o, I don't think there's really an inside guy worthy of a 1st this year now. If we got him as a mid to late 2nd though...that would be a solid selection.

+ Reply to Thread