+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: What do we do in the draft?

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by TheEnigma View Post
    Not always true. Glenn was his highest graded player available last year but he went with Wilson because he was afraid a run on RBs was going to happen in the 2nd. If the prospects are closely graded to Reese, need will become a factor.
    That worked out great for us.

Quote Originally Posted by TheEnigma View Post
    Not always true. Glenn was his highest graded player available last year but he went with Wilson because he was afraid a run on RBs was going to happen in the 2nd. If the prospects are closely graded to Reese, need will become a factor.
    I wanted GLENN so bad last yr when he was still on the board and Whitney Mercilus and Doug Martin were gone.. A guy Glenns size that can move like that was destined for greatness.. I never seen bills fans rave so much about a OT before GLENN during the preseason and summer...

Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    Are u kidding? Hes been about the biggest diffrence maker since returning for GA.. He lead the team in Tackles with 99, had 8.5TFL, 2sacks, return punt for td, a INT, and a saftey..lol Oh ya, he only played in 9games! What do u think, the guys gonna never get blocked???lol THis kid is as physical as it gets, and was GA's best defender since returning, hands down.. Physical, Fast, instinctive, the complete package..

Last yr, he played in 8games, and had 7.5TFL, 3FF, 6QB Pressues.. He completely dominated the bowl game and was lighting up the big michigan st backs... He can cover, can get ot the QB, stop RB's in there tracks..etc He constantly leads the team in tackles...etc He pressues the QB, he makes big plays.. What the freak do u want em to do?

Trust me, hes a 1st rder, and probably will go before the 23rd pick in the draft.. Sorry, finesse MLB's don't go that high..lol
    Ok Terrel Thomas had over 100 tackles a few years back. Why don't we put him at MLB? I don't deny that Ogletree is a good football player but he is not a linebacker. He gets abused in the run game. You probably follow this stuff more than me so could you show me where he makes some plays in the run game? Like a nice block shed or a tackle for a loss?
    Last edited by WiIdcat; 12-28-2012 at 12:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    I wanted GLENN so bad last yr when he was still on the board and Whitney Mercilus and Doug Martin were gone.. A guy Glenns size that can move like that was destined for greatness.. I never seen bills fans rave so much about a OT before GLENN during the preseason and summer...
    I still dont understand how if thats the highest graded guy on your board why a RB being picked would change who u draft. They must of thought they were getting Martin and just completely panicked when he got picked. A Split time back that doesnt have WR skills and cant block isnt a first rounder. The Value of that pick really pisses me off. Why the Giants decided luxury picks were the best way to go and dont even start with me on Robinson.

Quote Originally Posted by WiIdcat View Post
    Ok Terrel Thomas had over 100 tackles a few years back. Why don't we put him at MLB? I don't deny that Ogletree is a good football player but he is not a linebacker. He gets abused in the run game. You probably follow this stuff more than me so could you show me where he makes some plays in the run game? Like a nice block shed or a tackle for a loss?
    He is a LB just might not be a MLB .Ogletree doesnt stack and shed very well but when he is clean he is the best LB in the class. He would immediately help with pass defense. He has the arm length and the frame to improve but he must get bigger if he will play inside
    Last edited by Redeyejedi; 12-28-2012 at 12:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    He is a LB just might not be a MLB .Ogletree doesnt stack and shed very well but when he is clean he is the best LB in the class. He would immediately help with pass defense. He has the arm length and the frame to improve but he must get bigger if he will play inside
    I agree with you. He is good when he isn't blocked but that's a huge part of the game for a middle linebacker.

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    Id say its more difficult dealing with a LB that plays the run but gets blown up in the pass game, than dealing with a playmaking LB thats great against the pass. but needs to pack on another 10ish lbs in the weight room...

+ Reply to Thread