+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 159
  1. #21
    Hall of Famer Harooni's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Think Big Rudy
    Posts
    57,885
    Quote Originally Posted by freeoscar View Post
    its the latter number I am more interested in for Diehl and Tuck. Webster/Rolle will restructure. The problem w/restructuring guys like Baas and Canty is that you are just delaying the hit, and I don't see those guys being viable much longer. Webster has had a terrible year, but I am willing to give him the benefit of the doubt given his history. And Rolle has been very good imo. Diehl is well past done, and Tuck is done too.
    We just have to free up space for Cruz and then next year for Nicks, and I believe the year after for JPP. all of our other needs are best addressed through the draft b/c you can't get 'good deals' in FA for the DL.
    the good news is that cap hit if cut or traded is not so bad almost all of them are in their last 2 years of contract.
    The pessimist complains about the wind;
    The optimist expects it to change;
    The realist adjusts the sails."
    - William Arthur Ward -

  2. #22
    All-Pro Rudyy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Richmond, Virginia
    Posts
    29,957
    Quote Originally Posted by paulj View Post
    Agree but Canty Restructure too
    Tuck needs to go.

    Let's go.

  3. #23
    Hall of Famer Harooni's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Think Big Rudy
    Posts
    57,885
    Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    Ditch Eli, sign Tebow for less than half, problem solved
    lmao i say cut them all. Restructuring only defers the problem longer. these guys take up around 70 percent of the cap space. thats a huge chunk. (except Eli, let him live out his contract and see what he brings to the table next season)
    The pessimist complains about the wind;
    The optimist expects it to change;
    The realist adjusts the sails."
    - William Arthur Ward -

  4. #24
    Moderator RoanokeFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    95,511
    Quote Originally Posted by Harooni View Post
    lmao i say cut them all. Restructuring only defers the problem longer. these guys take up around 70 percent of the cap space. thats a huge chunk. (except Eli, let him live out his contract and see what he brings to the table next season)
    How many think Eli was worth that amount this season I wonder?
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1


  5. #25
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,990
    Every single guy on that list should take a pay cut except for Eli and possibly Boley(not that Eli has played well this season, his contract has been restructured too many times.)

  6. #26
    Moderator RoanokeFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    95,511
    Quote Originally Posted by ShakeandBake View Post
    Every single guy on that list should take a pay cut except for Eli and possibly Boley(not that Eli has played well this season, his contract has been restructured too many times.)
    I wonder how play/pay might change if players' actual performance was factored in?
    Last edited by RoanokeFan; 12-20-2012 at 02:33 PM.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1


  7. #27
    All-Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    9,373
    Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    How many think Eli was worth that amount this season I wonder?
    Two years ago he was not worth his contract. Last year he was worth more. This year has not been a good one for him. He still has a chance.

  8. #28
    Moderator RoanokeFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    95,511
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddy333 View Post
    Two years ago he was not worth his contract. Last year he was worth more. This year has not been a good one for him. He still has a chance.
    The season's not over and, in fairness, you have to look at the whole body of work. I'll reserve comment.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1


  9. #29
    All-Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    9,373
    Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    The season's not over and, in fairness, you have to look at the whole body of work. I'll reserve comment.
    In the beginning of the season he was playing like an MVP. Maybe he can turn it on again.

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Harooni View Post

    Reese will restructure some, but he really needs to trim the fat here ,look at the production and worth.

    seems like we always are tight in cap space, how about making room so we can have a future.

    we have a few FA's we need to pay also
    Constant restructuring is the reason many of those contracts are the way they are. Though they may not deserve it, those players are entitled to that money. Not one should have to take a pay cut.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts