+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    Man !!! that's brutal. Webster,Diehl , Bass and Boley bye bye. I would like to see the Giants moving up in the draft in order to get instant impact guys at OL LB and DB. or take a look in free agency for a solid player who can help with experience and leadership.

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Harooni View Post
    2013 cap hits
    Eli - 20,800,000
    webster - 9,900,000
    Rolle- 9,250,000
    Diehl- 7,450,000
    tuck - 5,600,000
    canty- 8,200,000
    baas- 6,700,000
    Boley- 5,900,000
    There isn't one player on here worth the money they are about to get paid... including Eli. Nothing against Eli, but 20,800,000 is more than I would pay him!
    My goal had been to win a championship, work toward the Hall of Fame, have my jersey retired by the team and I`d go in as a lifelong New York Giant, but I`m now resigned to the fact that this won`t happen. -- Michael Strahan, just when you think you're down...

Quote Originally Posted by Tmurda1984 View Post
    Brady's defense is not too bad...The Patriots made a huge youth movement to revamp their defense after 2007 because the 2007 defense and previous defenses was very good for the Patriots and Tom Brady has been elite since at least 2005. The Patriots have a solid defense right now after having another cap room to sign Aqib Talib. The Patriots GM knows when to start the youth movement, manage their cap to sign high priced free agents, and even took a chance on free agent acquisitions like Randy Moss and Chad Ochocinco (which did not work out, but they were in dire need of a receiver).
    What high priced FAs have the patriots brought in? Moss and Ocho when they got them were getting scraps. And they have the 27th ranked defense by yards.

As for Talib, hes making 2 mil this season and is a FA next season.

Eli - 20,800,000
    Not going anywhere, for obvious reasons
    webster - 9,900,000
    Should take a pay cut or get cut, although Hosley still needs to prove himself before I'd be comfortable even releasing Webby...
    Rolle- 9,250,000
    Should take a pay cut, and with the emergence of Stevie and Hill, his job is in even more danger.
    Diehl- 7,450,000
    I would have dropped this guy in a heartbeat. Then Locklear went down for the season...
    tuck - 5,600,000
    Can we get him to take a pay cut? Or at least strip him of his captain title and give it to Blackburn or something...
    canty- 8,200,000
    A little high, but we DO need him. If he's willing to restructure great, but I don't really want to see him gone...
    baas- 6,700,000
    I'd just flat out cut the guy. Cordle is most likely just as good, and even if Baas would be slightly better, Cordle has a much smaller cap hit.
    Boley- 5,900,000
    This one largely depends on whether we'd use Kiwi more on the line (which would result in Tuck getting restructured), or as a LB. Also, the status of Jacquian Williams. If both Kiwi and Williams are starting-level linebackers in 2013, we could probably get away with cutting this guy (if he's not owed too much guaranteed anyway)

Who are the 2013 FA's? Obviously there's Osi who we'd most likely just let walk unless he starts getting 5 sacks a game from here on out, as well as guys like Bennett and Rivers that we'd probably want to re-sign, but who else?

Thank you Reddit for the best gif ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    Rolle- 9,250,000
    Should take a pay cut, and with the emergence of Stevie and Hill, his job is in even more danger.
    Rolle already restructured once which is why he's scheduled to make that much. You can't knock him for that.

Besides, Rolle and Blackburn are the TRUE captains of this defense, which increases their value IMO.

#80 get well soon...

Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    Who are the 2013 FA's? Obviously there's Osi who we'd most likely just let walk unless he starts getting 5 sacks a game from here on out, as well as guys like Bennett and Rivers that we'd probably want to re-sign, but who else?
    lets see

Carr, Andre Brown(EFRA), Barden, Cruz (RFA), Beckum, Bennett, Tynes, Beatty, Boothe, Sean Rogers, Osi, Blackburn, KP, Rivers, and probably more.

Beatty, Bennett, Boothe are probably must signs, Cruz could be tagged, but its risky.

Quote Originally Posted by Harooni View Post
    2013 cap hits

Eli - 20,800,000

webster - 9,900,000

Rolle- 9,250,000

Diehl- 7,450,000

tuck - 5,600,000

canty- 8,200,000

baas- 6,700,000

Boley- 5,900,000

Reese will restructure some, but he really needs to trim the fat here ,look at the production and worth.

seems like we always are tight in cap space, how about making room so we can have a future.

we have a few FA's we need to pay also
    Eli - Restructure and trim 4 mil for 2013
    Webster - cut
    Rolle - Restructure and trim 2.5 - 3 mil for 2013
    Diehl - cut
    Tuck - cut
    Canty - Restructure and trim 2.5 mil for 2013
    Baas - Restructure and trim 3.5 mil for 2013
    Boley - Restructure and trim 1.5 - 2 mil for 2013
    ======================= $14 - 15 mil + another $23 mil just from restructure and cuts from this list = $37-38 mil to put into FA and signing actual contributors on this team...Hell, I'd force Bradshaw to restructure as well. Cut Carr/not re-sign him for 2013...Maybe even restructure Snee as his production has diminished.

I think these are healthy moves for this team, giving us an opportunity to make key moves in FA that we usually don't make. We need LB's, DT's; CB's; OL; RB as well as depth players.

Our with the old and in with the new, many of these guys got a chance to 2 peat and are not showing up.

Tuck Gone
    Canty Gone
    Restructure CWeb
    Boley can go
    Dehil can go.

Leave money for cruz + bennet + brown.

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Tmurda1984 View Post
    Brady's defense is not too bad...The Patriots made a huge youth movement to revamp their defense after 2007 because the 2007 defense and previous defenses was very good for the Patriots and Tom Brady has been elite since at least 2005. The Patriots have a solid defense right now after having another cap room to sign Aqib Talib. The Patriots GM knows when to start the youth movement, manage their cap to sign high priced free agents, and even took a chance on free agent acquisitions like Randy Moss and Chad Ochocinco (which did not work out, but they were in dire need of a receiver).
    The Patriots defense is bad and has been for years now.

restructuring is like maxing out all of your 25 % credit cards .....then getting a 2nd mortgage to pay them off...
    all the while knowing that your budget could not afford what you bought in the first place.

stupid.....
    due to the fact that I am from the Woodstock generation ...
    my opinions may be chemically enhanced and influenced by severe episodes of memory loss