+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Alarming Cap Hits for 2013 ,may change the team as we know it.

Giants are better off biting the bullet be bad for 1 season and rebuild, resign the young players and give Eli 1 more 3 year window to win until he retires

Quote Originally Posted by Harooni View Post
    keeping rolle will cost over 9mil he has already restructured that is why. And yes you are going to take cap hits but why prolong it when you can dump the salarys start young guys and then the next season you are sitting pretty. and lets face it these younger guys seem to be producing more.
    That Baas Contract was awful i knew the second he was signed it was terrible. Webster is worth cutting it saves about 7 million. Tuck wont get cut. Boley might. I like Williams and Paysinger. Rolle may be worth cutting as well. I think they could get similar production from Will Hill

This team is in serious trouble basically all that money saved is spoken for with JPP Nicks, and Cruz .Eli better consider how much he likes Nicks and Cruz. Tom Brady took less money to win, Peyton didnt and thats why his team was terrible when he went down

Quote Originally Posted by Tmurda1984 View Post
    I kept telling people that we will be in a mess in 2013. There is going to be alot of changes because of Reese's inability to manage our cap. Reese will continue to restructure terrible contracts (that he shouldnt have given out in the first place) and causing a problem down the road. Restructing only puts a band-aid on a big wound. Reese does not have a clue how to manage this cap...and this is my number #1 gripe against him. But alot of people fail to realize this and flame me.
    someone said on this board that the Giants need to hire a Jewish Lawyer to manage the cap and I have to agree because Reese is not doing a good job at it because we are in cap hell every year...

A big part of this as Reese and Ross havent drafted well the last 2 drafts. 2011 Draft is meh Amukamara is a solid starter but Austin is a bust, Jernigan ive seen enough he isnt going to develop, James Brewer? was a project but if he cant beat out Diehl thats a problem, Greg Jones is gone,Sash a special team guy, Scott probably wont make team next season, Jacquain Williams was better value then where he was drafted.

2012 Draft David Wilson a shared time RB. Thats a luxury pick with a team that has a foundation crumbling, Randle a player I like but hasnt seen the field much, 3rd round Hosley I like Hosley but he cant play outside and has been abused, 4th round a TE that was a huge reach in Robinson another luxury pick,Mccants was cut , Kuhn hurt but looks like he could be a depth guy

Quote Originally Posted by JesseJames View Post
    someone said on this board that the Giants need to hire a Jewish Lawyer to manage the cap and I have to agree because Reese is not doing a good job at it because we are in cap hell every year...
    They play this game to win titles, not balance the books. You can't fault this approach when it's been working.

Giants are fortunate to have been pretty good with UDFAs and low priced or "scrub" FAs. Cruz, Will Hill, Stevie Brown, Hynoski, Locklear, Andre Brown (yes I know he was the giants 4th round pick originally). I'm sure there are a few I'm forgetting. But that list of guys pretty much bailed this team out

Guys like Bennett have got only one year deals but have been huge too

Quote Originally Posted by Flip Empty View Post
    They play this game to win titles, not balance the books. You can't fault this approach when it's been working.
    I wonder if you'll feel the same way when the Giants have to play with these same guys next year because they couldn't upgrade because of the cap.
    Last edited by JesseJames; 12-21-2012 at 05:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JesseJames View Post
    I wonder if you'll feel the same way when the Giants have to play with these same guys next year because they could upgrade because of the cap.
    Should always be tight against the cap. That's smart management. Especially when you are winning championships.

Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    Giants are fortunate to have been pretty good with UDFAs and low priced or "scrub" FAs. Cruz, Will Hill, Stevie Brown, Hynoski, Locklear, Andre Brown (yes I know he was the giants 4th round pick originally). I'm sure there are a few I'm forgetting. But that list of guys pretty much bailed this team out

Guys like Bennett have got only one year deals but have been huge too
    Yeah the UDFA have covered up some of the misses in the draft.

+ Reply to Thread