+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Alarming Cap Hits for 2013 ,may change the team as we know it.

Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    Should always be tight against the cap. That's smart management. Especially when you are winning championships.
    Arent u supposed to use 95% of the cap each year from the new collective bargaining agreement

Should always be tight against the cap. That's smart management. Especially when you are winning championships.
    thats fine and i agree, However better to use the space for a few good players than on one declining player. sometimes you just have to let them go. Philly is real good at that but the Giants seen to stick with guys way too long.

Quote Originally Posted by Harooni View Post
    thats fine and i agree, However better to use the space for a few good players than on one declining player. sometimes you just have to let them go. Philly is real good at that but the Giants seen to stick with guys way too long.
    . . . . and when was the last time that Philly won anything?

Quote Originally Posted by GMENAGAIN View Post
    . . . . and when was the last time that Philly won anything?
    lol i knew that was coming, but as far as salaries they manage things well.

Quote Originally Posted by barran21 View Post
    Webster, Rolle, Diehl, Tuck, Canty are gone IMO, i wanted to make a thread that said this was our last year to win it all because our cap situation is horrible...
    agreed
    FUTURE NFL STAR

Its actually fairly interesting around the league, which of the very highly paid QBs have good defenses?

If you exclude Peyton, because he just signed with a team this season, you have what, Brees with the worst defense, brady with a horrible defense, Rogers defense has been bad two years in a row, who else? Even the steelers defense is starting to fall apart

And if you look at the great defenses, all of them have either young QBs on rookie deals, or very average QBs.
    it's pretty simple actually. Great QBs cost money - leaving no money to spread around. When you have a great QB, you'so going to be offense-centric.

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    Arent u supposed to use 95% of the cap each year from the new collective bargaining agreement
    something like that. I read that's why deangello williams got such a big deal.

Quote Originally Posted by gumby74 View Post
    it's pretty simple actually. Great QBs cost money - leaving no money to spread around. When you have a great QB, you'so going to be offense-centric.
    Yes it's simple. But I don't believe most fans understand that. They expect a team with a very highly paid QB to also field a great defense. Which from a cap perspective is nearly impossible. Have to be extremely lucky when it comes to guys on rookie contracts and any low priced FAs

lucky or you dont spend 7- 9mil on decent players just to keep them around. you cut that crap out and suffer one year of hits and then you can use those $$$ to get some younger FA help.

Yes it's simple. But I don't believe most fans understand that. They expect a team with a very highly paid QB to also field a great defense. Which from a cap perspective is nearly impossible. Have to be extremely lucky when it comes to guys on rookie contracts and any low priced FAs
    Yup. These day's it's all about who can find the best value stop gaps to go along with your small handful of corner stone players. And in general the draft is where you usually find value.

imo, if you have a great qb, you just need a defense that is good enough to win with. it doesn't have to be great, good even. Right now, our defense blows but we're only allowing 20 points a game. With our offense, we SHOULD be able to win with that.

+ Reply to Thread