+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 159

Thread: Alarming Cap Hits for 2013 ,may change the team as we know it.

  1. #121
    All-Pro Sarcasman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Manussa Loka
    Posts
    6,324
    Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    Should always be tight against the cap. That's smart management. Especially when you are winning championships.

    I agree. The idea that this team (or any good team) is going to be well under the cap, living well below its means and competing for titles is fantasy. YOu don't get extra points in this league for operating at a healthy % under the cap.

  2. #122
    All-Pro Sarcasman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Manussa Loka
    Posts
    6,324
    Quote Originally Posted by Harooni View Post
    thats fine and i agree, However better to use the space for a few good players than on one declining player. sometimes you just have to let them go. Philly is real good at that but the Giants seen to stick with guys way too long.

    Philly is real good with it and it has paid off handsomely for them hasn't it?

    Assuming we're rooting for efficient fiscal management as opposed to winning.

  3. #123
    All-Pro Sarcasman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Manussa Loka
    Posts
    6,324
    Quote Originally Posted by GMENAGAIN View Post
    . . . . and when was the last time that Philly won anything?
    Crap.

  4. #124
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Philipsburg, PA
    Posts
    656
    Keep eli.

    Keep the recieving corp.

    keep the running back corp.

    Definitely keep the safety corp.

    Keep half the secondary(webster is webster)

    Keep the linebacking corp including boley but restructure them(boley and blackburn are the leaders of the D).

    Keep half the d line. Keep JPP, Canty,joseph(I know canty isn't JPP but the D line is just so much worse without him).


    Tuck I feel should retire. I'd say we should cut him but the guy is the leader of the d line and I'm just worried what would happen without him.

    Just look at the Ravens. Ray lewis is an average linebacker but when he's not there the whole D falls apart. I just feel Tuck brings something else to the team along with playing.


    Osi? If we knew how to use him I'd restructure him. Just rotate him with Tuck when it's run or pass. Tuck can't pass rush but osi can at least but osi sucks against the run so there you go.

  5. #125
    All-Pro slipknottin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Northeast
    Posts
    37,203
    Quote Originally Posted by GentleGiant View Post
    Keep eli.

    Keep the recieving corp.

    keep the running back corp.

    Definitely keep the safety corp.

    Keep half the secondary(webster is webster)

    Keep the linebacking corp including boley but restructure them(boley and blackburn are the leaders of the D).

    Keep half the d line. Keep JPP, Canty,joseph(I know canty isn't JPP but the D line is just so much worse without him).


    Tuck I feel should retire. I'd say we should cut him but the guy is the leader of the d line and I'm just worried what would happen without him.

    Just look at the Ravens. Ray lewis is an average linebacker but when he's not there the whole D falls apart. I just feel Tuck brings something else to the team along with playing.


    Osi? If we knew how to use him I'd restructure him. Just rotate him with Tuck when it's run or pass. Tuck can't pass rush but osi can at least but osi sucks against the run so there you go.
    So you want to keep everyone expect webster and resign Osi? And hope Tuck retires?

  6. #126
    All-Pro jomo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    19,515
    I view all of this as an opportunity rather than a problem. We get to right size ourselves on some guys who are paid way beyond their level of contribution. That gives JR the cash to reload.
    No one remembers who came in second.

  7. #127
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Philipsburg, PA
    Posts
    656
    Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    So you want to keep everyone expect webster and resign Osi? And hope Tuck retires?
    I'm talking about the starters. And no I said half the secondary. Hosley and other backups don't do their job. There's also a few recievers. But I'm mainly talking about the 1st and 2nd string.

    If we're gonna use Osi against the run then just cut him. Problem is the guy is very good when you know they're gonna pass. If they rotate Osi based on whether it's pass or run then I'd restructure. If not? Get him out of there.

  8. #128
    Quote Originally Posted by GentleGiant View Post
    I'm talking about the starters. And no I said half the secondary. Hosley and other backups don't do their job. There's also a few recievers. But I'm mainly talking about the 1st and 2nd string.

    If we're gonna use Osi against the run then just cut him. Problem is the guy is very good when you know they're gonna pass. If they rotate Osi based on whether it's pass or run then I'd restructure. If not? Get him out of there.
    Restructure Osi? He's in the last year of his deal. He will never be resigned here.

    Hosley is a rookie. He will never be let go.

  9. #129
    Why do people think that a restructure is a pay cut?

  10. #130
    Quote Originally Posted by Flip Empty View Post
    Why do people think that a restructure is a pay cut?
    because it usually turns out to be one.
    they settle for less now , but when the year comes around to get their big money back ...
    their skills are in decline and can wind up being cut without ever getting their payday.
    that's why when you cut a player with a contract you still get the cap hit.....that rule is there
    to help protect the player.

    the cut player never sees the money......but it still counts against the cap (as a deterrent) .

    at least that's my general understanding
    when the aliens finally come to conquer us ....
    i hope that their weapons of choice are Gibsons and Fenders

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts