+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    I don't know who stays, who restructures, who is cut.... I just hope we can for once stay reasonably healthy at key positions throughout a season.

Quote Originally Posted by Flip Empty View Post
    Constant restructuring is the reason many of those contracts are the way they are. Though they may not deserve it, those players are entitled to that money. Not one should have to take a pay cut.
    thats all well and good , so let them get their guaranteed portion and they already got their signing bonus's and find more money elsewhere. I agree that we mortgaged our future on this one and further restructuring just delays things another year and it then all catches up with you. we need serious upgrades like LB's and oline.

$20mm/yr is the going rate for a top tier QB, and Eli absolutely is that. I can't think of a player who is more valuable to his team than Eli is to the Giants, other than guys like Rodgers, Brees, Brady, and the other Manning who make similar amounts. Romo is up for a new deal this year, and I would be shocked if he doesn't land something in that range.

Quote Originally Posted by freeoscar View Post
    $20mm/yr is the going rate for a top tier QB, and Eli absolutely is that. I can't think of a player who is more valuable to his team than Eli is to the Giants, other than guys like Rodgers, Brees, Brady, and the other Manning who make similar amounts. Romo is up for a new deal this year, and I would be shocked if he doesn't land something in that range.
    IMO no one is worth that much cap space because you then have to surround them with talent.

IMO only Eli and Rolle are worth keeping at that money. Most of those other guys should be let go and I dont say that under the pretense they are worse than what we can get or what we have in back up but they are not worth that much money. I know Boley has been our best LB but that doesnt really say anything on this team

Quote Originally Posted by Harooni View Post
    thats all well and good , so let them get their guaranteed portion and they already got their signing bonus's and find more money elsewhere. I agree that we mortgaged our future on this one and further restructuring just delays things another year and it then all catches up with you. we need serious upgrades like LB's and oline.
    Cutting Baas would result in a $9 million hit next season. It's a similar story for many players. Cutting players is easier said than done.

Quote Originally Posted by Flip Empty View Post
    Cutting Baas would result in a $9 million hit next season. It's a similar story for many players. Cutting players is easier said than done.
    Damn yea it would figure as much that we have a lot of guaranteed money and bonuses in these guys, makes it near impossible to cut them even if thats what should be done. Poor deal making on Reese's part giving money like this to guys that dont deserve it. We cut them and we can barely get enough players with the cap hits

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by rainierjef View Post
    Boley as well.
    I've been dissapointed with boley this season. I don't know, I don't think his play has been worth that type of money just my opinion though.

IMO no one is worth that much cap space because you then have to surround them with talent.
    well, another one who is a $20mm hit next year is Roethlisberger. Now, besides the cap hit, what else do Roethlisberger, Eli, Payton, Brees, Brady, and Rodgers have in common? Clearly, they are worth the hit.

2013 cap hits

Eli - 20,800,000

webster - 9,900,000

Rolle- 9,250,000

Diehl- 7,450,000

tuck - 5,600,000

canty- 8,200,000

baas- 6,700,000

Boley- 5,900,000

Reese will restructure some, but he really needs to trim the fat here ,look at the production and worth.

seems like we always are tight in cap space, how about making room so we can have a future.

we have a few FA's we need to pay also
    Restructure Eli again - He just gets his money as a bonus instead of a monthly pay out
    Cut Webster if possible
    Restrucure Rolle - He just gets his money as a bonus
    Cut Diehl - and hope the Redskins sign him to protect RGIII
    Cut Tuck - the Redskins will definitely sign him as RGIII's masseur, nake yoga instructor, and happy endings provider
    Restructure Canty - He just gets his money as a bonus
    Cut Baas - (Will this cost too much?)
    Keep Boley - Heart and soul of the defense