+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Problem with restructuring is it pushes the money into the next season. So for instance, rolle has two years left, if you took next years and rolled it over to his last year, his cap hit would be enormous, like 25 million. Just cant be done.

Most of the guys listed have their contracts expire next year or the year after, thats why the cap hits are so large.

Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    Problem with restructuring is it pushes the money into the next season. So for instance, rolle has two years left, if you took next years and rolled it over to his last year, his cap hit would be enormous, like 25 million. Just cant be done.

Most of the guys listed have their contracts expire next year or the year after, thats why the cap hits are so large.
    correct except non expire next year from the ones i listed.

Quote Originally Posted by Harooni View Post
    lets just hope Reese doesnt try and hang on to guys not producing much anymore and doesnt continue to overpay them.
    Fortunately, Reese doesn't have Coughlin's sentimentality.
    “Losers assemble in little groups and complain about the coaches and the players in other little groups, but winners assemble as a team,”

- Emlen Tunnell

correct except non expire next year from the ones i listed.
    I meant at the end of next year.

Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    I meant at the end of next year.
    ooops gotcha

2013 cap hits

Eli - 20,800,000

webster - 9,900,000

Rolle- 9,250,000

Diehl- 7,450,000

tuck - 5,600,000

canty- 8,200,000

baas- 6,700,000

Boley- 5,900,000

Reese will restructure some, but he really needs to trim the fat here ,look at the production and worth.

seems like we always are tight in cap space, how about making room so we can have a future.

we have a few FA's we need to pay also
    theres alot of fat to be cut there....

Quote Originally Posted by Flip Empty View Post
    Cutting Baas would result in a $9 million hit next season. It's a similar story for many players. Cutting players is easier said than done.
    That and the fact that Reese is gonna want to keep most of the oline intact for the purpose of continuity and experience. Baas isnt going anywhere. In fact, with the exception of DD, I'm willing to bet this oline will be exactly the same next year.

However, restructure Webby,, or bye bye. I'm comfortable with Prince and Hosley has got the skill sets.

Isn't KP due for a new contract as well? With the emergence of Brown, I wonder how that pans out.

#80 get well soon...

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    How many think Eli was worth that amount this season I wonder?
    absolutely not but he was the only game in town for us because Carr isn't much to count on. I wonder how the front office feels about a QB who is going to be paid about 20 mil and has just had the season Eli has had..

Banned
    Reese needs to spend the next three to five years rebuilding this team into a a playoff contender. Getting rid of guys like Diehl, Webster, Tuck, etc. might not be a bad thing since they are dead weight. We need to get younger, healthier, and more talented.

Quote Originally Posted by Giant stuck in Texas View Post
    That and the fact that Reese is gonna want to keep most of the oline intact for the purpose of continuity and experience. Baas isnt going anywhere. In fact, with the exception of DD, I'm willing to bet this oline will be exactly the same next year.

However, restructure Webby,, or bye bye. I'm comfortable with Prince and Hosley has got the skill sets.

Isn't KP due for a new contract as well? With the emergence of Brown, I wonder how that pans out.
    Id think Rolle could be a casualty, KP is younger & wont make nearly as much as Rolles big cap hit....