+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Alarming Cap Hits for 2013 ,may change the team as we know it.

Quote Originally Posted by myles2424 View Post
    Id think Rolle could be a casualty, KP is younger & wont make nearly as much as Rolles big cap hit....
    Yeah, but Rolle is made out of iron and never hurt.(except for the occasional cameraman) KP? Not so much....

Quote Originally Posted by Giant stuck in Texas View Post
    Yeah, but Rolle is made out of iron and never hurt.(except for the occasional cameraman) KP? Not so much....
    True, but unless he takes a paycut, I cant possibly see paying him 9mil for what he brings to the table,same with webster/canty/etc...

Quote Originally Posted by BlueJayC View Post
    Diehl gone......Webster restructure......beyond that I have no idea.
    ^^ This ^^

And I have no doubt Eli would restructure for the sake of he franchise if need be.

Webster and Baas might be strong armed
    "Release the Kraken!"

- Dan Dierdorf, Giants vs Dolphins, 10/30/2011

I kept telling people that we will be in a mess in 2013. There is going to be alot of changes because of Reese's inability to manage our cap. Reese will continue to restructure terrible contracts (that he shouldnt have given out in the first place) and causing a problem down the road. Restructing only puts a band-aid on a big wound. Reese does not have a clue how to manage this cap...and this is my number #1 gripe against him. But alot of people fail to realize this and flame me.

True, but unless he takes a paycut, I cant possibly see paying him 9mil for what he brings to the table,same with webster/canty/etc...
    I respectively have to disagree on Rolle. He's an above average safety with a big mouth. The Giants need him on D.

Quote Originally Posted by Harooni View Post
    2013 cap hits

Eli - 20,800,000

webster - 9,900,000

Rolle- 9,250,000

Diehl- 7,450,000

tuck - 5,600,000

canty- 8,200,000

baas- 6,700,000

Boley- 5,900,000

Reese will restructure some, but he really needs to trim the fat here ,look at the production and worth.

seems like we always are tight in cap space, how about making room so we can have a future.

we have a few FA's we need to pay also
    Diehl's may not be that high. He has escalators in his contract for playing LT. If he's not at LT he's not making as much.

The reason why Rolle's cap hit is so high is that he's already restructured his contract (after '10 I believe).

Its actually fairly interesting around the league, which of the very highly paid QBs have good defenses?

If you exclude Peyton, because he just signed with a team this season, you have what, Brees with the worst defense, brady with a horrible defense, Rogers defense has been bad two years in a row, who else? Even the steelers defense is starting to fall apart

And if you look at the great defenses, all of them have either young QBs on rookie deals, or very average QBs.

Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    Its actually fairly interesting around the league, which of the very highly paid QBs have good defenses?

If you exclude Peyton, because he just signed with a team this season, you have what, Brees with the worst defense, brady with a horrible defense, Rogers defense has been bad two years in a row, who else? Even the steelers defense is starting to fall apart

And if you look at the great defenses, all of them have either young QBs on rookie deals, or very average QBs.
    Yup. It's a trade off you have to make, it seems.

However, we're paying a lot of our defense like it's a top defense, too, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post

Brady's defense is not too bad...The Patriots made a huge youth movement to revamp their defense after 2007 because the 2007 defense and previous defenses was very good for the Patriots and Tom Brady has been elite since at least 2005. The Patriots have a solid defense right now after having another cap room to sign Aqib Talib. The Patriots GM knows when to start the youth movement, manage their cap to sign high priced free agents, and even took a chance on free agent acquisitions like Randy Moss and Chad Ochocinco (which did not work out, but they were in dire need of a receiver).

+ Reply to Thread