+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 159
  1. #81
    It's all well and good saying "cut this guy" and "cut that guy", but who's going to replace these players?

    Ditching Rolle would mean the team takes a hit of around $5 million. Keeping him will result in a $7 million hit. Are you really going to find an adequate replacement for around $2 million?


    Some guys can be released fairly easily, others can't.
    Hete are the approximate hits the team would take for releasing the following players:

    Baas - $8.2 million
    Rolle - $4.5 million
    Canty - $2 million
    Webster - $3 million
    Diehl - $4 million
    Boley - $1.6 million
    Tuck - $1.6 million

    (Correct me if I'm doing the math wrong)

  2. #82
    Wow, I had no idea that we're this deep into cap space with some of these guys. That's what you get when you take a 3-4 DE and make him a 4-3 DT: a 8.2MM DT who needs to bulk up!, A 10MM CB who can't defend passes! A 9.3MM safety who n eeds totake the proper angle to aWR. This deosn't bode well for the Jints but explains where the money went and why we do not have LB's and O Linemen.

  3. #83
    we need to stop restructuring......and stop overpaying.
    you have to start somewhere.....if we miss the playoffs......dump these guys....take the cap hit for the year .....next man up.

    at 9-7 or 8-8 , and over the cap ....you are obviously overpaying ...you gotta stop and bite the bullet at some point start to rebuild with younger cheaper.
    due to the fact that I am from the Woodstock generation ...
    my opinions may be chemically enhanced and influenced by severe episodes of memory loss

  4. #84
    We have to keep Rolle surely.

    Eli, Webster , Canty will be almost certainley be restructured IMO

    Tuck - please retire before it gets embarrasing

    Diehl , Bass ......Gone

    I'm seriously worried about how we keep both Cruz and Nicks ( although i think Cruz has a sensible head and would not push it )
    Non Omnis Moriar

  5. #85
    All-Pro jomo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    20,344
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueJayC View Post
    Diehl gone......Webster restructure......beyond that I have no idea.
    Canty is overpaid for what we get out of him, so restructure there as well.
    No one remembers who came in second.

  6. #86
    Releasing Diehl would cost the same as keeping him.

  7. #87
    All-Pro slipknottin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Northeast
    Posts
    38,476
    Quote Originally Posted by jomo View Post
    Canty is overpaid for what we get out of him, so restructure there as well.
    Restructuring would just make the situation worse the following year

  8. #88
    Hall of Famer Harooni's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Think Big Rudy
    Posts
    59,138
    Quote Originally Posted by Flip Empty View Post
    It's all well and good saying "cut this guy" and "cut that guy", but who's going to replace these players?

    Ditching Rolle would mean the team takes a hit of around $5 million. Keeping him will result in a $7 million hit. Are you really going to find an adequate replacement for around $2 million?


    Some guys can be released fairly easily, others can't.
    Hete are the approximate hits the team would take for releasing the following players:

    Baas - $8.2 million
    Rolle - $4.5 million
    Canty - $2 million
    Webster - $3 million
    Diehl - $4 million
    Boley - $1.6 million
    Tuck - $1.6 million

    (Correct me if I'm doing the math wrong)
    keeping rolle will cost over 9mil he has already restructured that is why. And yes you are going to take cap hits but why prolong it when you can dump the salarys start young guys and then the next season you are sitting pretty. and lets face it these younger guys seem to be producing more.

  9. #89
    Hall of Famer Harooni's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Think Big Rudy
    Posts
    59,138
    Quote Originally Posted by jomo View Post
    Canty is overpaid for what we get out of him, so restructure there as well.
    Reese is like my uncle,

    makes the min payment on his credit cards and then the next month owes more.

  10. #90
    All-Pro slipknottin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Northeast
    Posts
    38,476
    Quote Originally Posted by Harooni View Post
    Reese is like my uncle,

    makes the min payment on his credit cards and then the next month owes more.
    Every team does the same thing. Plus almost all contracts are backloaded.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts