+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 23

Thread: Dave Tollefson

  1. #1

    Dave Tollefson

    IMO the loss of Tollefson to FA has been one of the biggest reasons for the lack of a Pass Rush this season. Yea he only had 5 sacks, 13 tackles 8 assists a forced fumble and 1 defended pass last season but many of these plays were clutch as he would play inside and outside giving every player on the DL a breather . He had quickness rushing the passer and was ALWAYS around the ball as the stats show . How many times did he force the QB to throw it away ? Sometimes you can't measure how much a good back-up player means to the system .
    This season the DL doesn't get those fresh legs and non-stop motor coming off the bench and his loss is the difference in what we see from 2012 to the present .

  2. #2
    David Tollefson was 1 off the lowest pressure per snap guys in the NFL in 2011. He was still twice as good as Tuck by the numbers which is scary
    Last edited by Redeyejedi; 12-21-2012 at 08:12 AM.

  3. #3
    What I don't get is why do we have 5 DEs now (6 if you count Kiwi), yet refuse to use two of them at all? Not even for rotational snaps? The reps would be invaluable to their development, and Tuck Osi and JPP could get some much needed breathers...

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    What I don't get is why do we have 5 DEs now (6 if you count Kiwi), yet refuse to use two of them at all? Not even for rotational snaps? The reps would be invaluable to their development, and Tuck Osi and JPP could get some much needed breathers...
    My guess is they arent very good.

  5. #5
    All-Pro GameTime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    No mans land
    Posts
    22,588
    Quote Originally Posted by Atomic1 View Post
    IMO the loss of Tollefson to FA has been one of the biggest reasons for the lack of a Pass Rush this season. Yea he only had 5 sacks, 13 tackles 8 assists a forced fumble and 1 defended pass last season but many of these plays were clutch as he would play inside and outside giving every player on the DL a breather . He had quickness rushing the passer and was ALWAYS around the ball as the stats show . How many times did he force the QB to throw it away ? Sometimes you can't measure how much a good back-up player means to the system .
    This season the DL doesn't get those fresh legs and non-stop motor coming off the bench and his loss is the difference in what we see from 2012 to the present .
    I liked Tolly...but him being here is not the reason these guys have almost 0 fire.......There is more then enough talent to get the job done they are playing like they are tired and just want it to be over....
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

  6. #6
    Perfect example looks to be this week where Tuck might not play and last season Tolley would step in and get-r-done.

  7. #7
    Veteran BlueJayC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Hoboken, NJ
    Posts
    1,297
    Pressure shouldn't necessarily be generated strictly by your down 4......it's easy to pick up 4 guys for offenses in max protect. Take a look at the clips and game films from late last year.....Fewell started bringing pressure and at least one extra guy at teams down the stretch hence the increased pressures, sack and turnovers......not sure why it's so GD obvious to everyone but him. Save me the secondary injury excuse too and look what Spags did with a more injury depleted aging secondary in '07.......brought pressure to mask the back end losses.

    Live and die by the blitz.......now they're not even trying.

  8. #8
    Veteran JB456's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    810
    Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    My guess is they arent very good.
    How much worse can they get than Osi and Tuck have been? Wouldn't you rather see Ojomo get some reps and see what he has than watching Osi rush 10 yards past the QB and the Ravens running for 110 yards on his side? I know I would....
    Last edited by JB456; 12-21-2012 at 09:05 AM.

  9. #9
    All-Pro GameTime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    No mans land
    Posts
    22,588
    Quote Originally Posted by JB456 View Post
    How much worse can they get than Osi and Tuck have been? Wouldn't you rather see Ojomo get some reps and see what he has than the Ravens running for 110 yards to Osi's side? I know I would....
    Dont blame Osi alone for the poor run D. Opposing RBs are running left, right, and up the middle. They all have been sucking
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

  10. #10
    Veteran JB456's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    810
    Quote Originally Posted by GameTime View Post
    Dont blame Osi alone for the poor run D. Opposing RBs are running left, right, and up the middle. They all have been sucking
    Dude, do me a favor and rewatch the Redskins game. I think Osi is still applying bandages to his arse. The Redskins game plan was when in doubt, run to Osi's side and rip off a 40 yard run.

    Edit: I will definately give you that the whole run defense has been terrible but if you don't think Osi is being specifically targeted, I don't even know what to say....
    Last edited by JB456; 12-21-2012 at 09:11 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts