+ Reply to Thread

Ex-Giant Antonio Pierce Questions Team's Mental Toughness

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/giant...LGg0F9RZagvkNP

Excerpt: "The Giants have been eager to say they are at their best when their backs are against the wall, but Antonio Pierce wants to know where their heads are at.

The former Giants linebacker-turned-ESPN analyst called out his one-time teammates for relying too much on the success they had last season when they won their final six games, ending with a victory over the Patriots in Super Bowl XLVI.

The 8-6 Giants, tied with the Redskins and Cowboys atop the NFC East, have essentially put themselves in that same must-win position following last Sunday’s 34-0 drubbing at the hands of the Falcons.
    “I really do think they are a team that’s mentally drained right now,” Pierce said of the team that will look to save its season with a win in Baltimore on Sunday.

“Coach [Tom] Coughlin is preaching mental toughness, and I don’t know if they can say they have that right now. They are a team that is not as strong as in years past, as far as being mentally tough.

Time and again, Giants players have pointed to the fact they did not play their best football last season until they absolutely had to.“My concern with the Giants is them constantly talking about what they’ve done in the past,” said Pierce, who was on the 2007 Super Bowl team. “They are looking in the rear-view mirror, thinking they can always rely on that. Our backs are against the wall, this is the way we like it, and after [Sunday’s] performance — an embarrassing, slap-in-the-face loss — I didn’t see any players out there that played like everything really mattered at that time.” Read more...
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

Banned
    Justin Tuck smiling and laughing on he sidelines toward the wnd of the game. It was reminiscent of how he and Osl were giggling and running to praise Roach With Braids after losing the 2nd game against Washington Redskins.