+ Reply to Thread

PFT's Week 16 Picks

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...cks-2/related/

Excerpt: "The proverbial pink champagne is on ice.

Yes, with a clean sweep in the three games on which we disagreed last weekend, Iíve now built a seven-game lead over MDS, with only 32 games to go.
    The problem for MDS is that we probably wonít disagree on seven games in the final two weeks. Even then, he needs to be right on all of them.

For Week 16, we disagree on three.

So Iíll lead by at least four and possibly by 10 by the time the fat man in the red suit breaks into my house, eats my cookies, and leaves behind a bunch of stuff for everyone but me.
    For the week, I was 12-4 to a 9-7 from MDS. On the year, Iím at 146-77-1, good for 65.1 percent. MDS is 139-84-1, still at 62.0 percent.

Giants at Ravens

MDSís take: Both of these teams once looked like locks to win their divisions and now look desperate. Former Giants coach Bill Parcells liked to say that in games like this, you go with the more desperate team. Thatís the Giants, who probably need to win out to make the playoffs.

MDSís pick
    : Giants 24, Ravens 13.

Florioís take
    : The Ravens are desperate for a win. The Giants are more desperate for a win. Even though Eli Manningís Giants have lost to two teams that Peyton Manningís Broncos played previously and beat, the third time needs to be a charm, or Eli will have no chance to chase his third ring.
    Florioís pick: Giants 27, Ravens 20." Read more...
    ďNever argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.Ē MB Rule # 1

# 80

Kiss of death......just like when all the analysts picked the Giants over the Falcons.......team plays it's best ball as underdogs when no one has faith in them......too much optimism around here......need somebody to pick the Ravens.