+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1

    This game is just a bonus...

    Every fan wants their team to win and gets frustrated when they don't. The reality is...what more do you expect. The Giants won the superbowl last year and 2 out of the last 5 years. Insanely good. From the start of the season...the chances of repeating are very very minimal. Sit back on a holiday weekend with your family and enjoy...what is essentially...a playoff game. There's nothing better than a huge game late in the season. If they fail...we move on. If they win...we move on. Everyone have a great holiday and hug the ones you love. Let's go Giants!

  2. #2
    Agreed......you can't win the SB every year, unless you are the Pats and they cheated......lol

  3. #3
    I agree we have been so fortunate to have a lot of success and youre right if we lose hopefully it will help kick start the change we need but I think what upset people the most is the inconsistency we exhibit week to week. If we could at least be semi competitive week in week out there would not be so much turmoil on here

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by hadenough View Post
    Every fan wants their team to win and gets frustrated when they don't. The reality is...what more do you expect. The Giants won the superbowl last year and 2 out of the last 5 years. Insanely good. From the start of the season...the chances of repeating are very very minimal. Sit back on a holiday weekend with your family and enjoy...what is essentially...a playoff game. There's nothing better than a huge game late in the season. If they fail...we move on. If they win...we move on. Everyone have a great holiday and hug the ones you love. Let's go Giants!
    ^ You have a Great out Look ! ^ Lets hope we WIN on sunday, and take it one day at a time. Or should I say take it one Game at a time !
    I personally am not thinking Super Bowl at this time, just Play offs !


    Have a great Holiday!
    Last edited by BillTheGreek; 12-23-2012 at 06:16 AM.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbluetribe View Post
    If we could at least be semi competitive week in week out there would not be so much turmoil on here
    WTF. Excuse me but of the fourteen games this season we have only lost two by wide margins. We have won eight and lost four close games sometimes by only one point. That fits my definition of competitive. I don't know how you can not even consider us semi-competitive.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbluetribe View Post
    I agree we have been so fortunate to have a lot of success and youre right if we lose hopefully it will help kick start the change we need but I think what upset people the most is the inconsistency we exhibit week to week. If we could at least be semi competitive week in week out there would not be so much turmoil on here
    You hit the nail on the head. To go from huge wins to huge losses in a matter of one game is enough to drive us fans insane. Not to mention that this team makes a great run in the first half of the season and is ranked as one of the top teams in the NFL, only to have a rocky second half and an unsure likelihood of a playoff berth.

    Regardless, this is our team and we won't turn our backs on them, so your point is well received OP.
    Adversity makes for a worthy adversary.

  7. #7
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Posts
    1,600
    Quote Originally Posted by shane4177 View Post
    Agreed......you can't win the SB every year, unless you are the Pats and they cheated......lol
    And they haven't won the last two that they were in.

  8. #8
    I don't mind not making the SB, but at least make the goddamn playoffs... regressing from super bowl champion to 3rd place division out of the playoffs, and it's not due to a major retiring or injury... there's nothing more disgraceful than that.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts