+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Veteran

Our d-line is injured, that is all.

All of a sudden you guys want to trade the guys who won us two superbowls? Dudes are playing injured and we have a defensive coordinator who is scared to blitz to get the d-line one-on-one matchups.

Actually, opposing teams are having their running back immediately chip our defensive ends, if you look closely, you'll see they don't even look inside for the blitz. When Fewell does decide to blitz Blackburn, he gets in untouched. Fewell needs to blitz more while playing more man coverage. To me it makes more sense than rushing four, giving a qb five seconds to throw, and giving up a play for over 30yrds. I would rather give up 30 yds on a blitz than give up 30yds dropping seven men in coverage.

Last grip:

1. where is the rush up the middle?

2. where is the running game?

Tuck is softer than Ice Cream, that dude is just so done. He can't even beat single coverage.
    Osi doesn't have any technique except over rush, he might get a strip sack once in a while..but other than that. These guys are done.
    Finalized divorce from Victor Michael Walker Cruz November 23rd, 2014. 9:16 PM.

At this point there is no defending Tuck. Had a poor season last year and admitted he considered retirement and this season he has been non existent. Its at the point where the Giants pass rush might improve if he is unable to play this weekend. He is done.

Veteran
    We have an average Dline that's the fact. All the teams in the league want pass rushers, we no longer have that "dominant pass rush" like we did in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach Carter View Post
    All of a sudden you guys want to trade the guys who won us two superbowls? Dudes are playing injured and we have a defensive coordinator who is scared to blitz to get the d-line one-on-one matchups.

Actually, opposing teams are having their running back immediately chip our defensive ends, if you look closely, you'll see they don't even look inside for the blitz. When Fewell does decide to blitz Blackburn, he gets in untouched. Fewell needs to blitz more while playing more man coverage. To me it makes more sense than rushing four, giving a qb five seconds to throw, and giving up a play for over 30yrds. I would rather give up 30 yds on a blitz than give up 30yds dropping seven men in coverage.

Last grip:

1. where is the rush up the middle?

2. where is the running game?
    Agree> Where's the blitz. Fewell predictable on the D, Gillbride predictable on the O.

Banned
    I am as down in the dumps about our recent performances as most of you. However, no matter how bad things look right now, we are NY Giants and we still control our destiny. This is an organization that is full of legacy and pride and I know our current guys have what it takes and I am confident they find it and let it all out.Go Big Blue!

All-Pro
    The offense as even bigger problems.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddy333 View Post
    The offense as even bigger problems.
    Good old buddy.

I can't wait till the D comes out puts a pick 6 up on the board, get 5 sacks and gives up 6 points all day. What then, grasshopper?

All-Pro
    The league is geared for scoring. There is only one dominant defense in the league and even he are not even lose to being the 2000 Ravens. The Giants biggest problem is their offense. In a scoring league he put up field goals when other teams score TD's.