+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Veteran

Pierce: Tuck not the same player

"I played with Justin Tuck and have a tremendous respect for him. But he has not been the same player emotionally, mentally or his play in the last three years. It's just the facts," Pierce said on The Michael Kay Show on ESPN 98.7 FM on Friday. "He came on late last season and once Antrel Rolle and a couple of other guys said he had to pick it up, but for the most part, he's a situation, third-down, passing situation defensive end."

He added: "When you watch him on Sundays, you do not see the energy, you do not see the fire he used to play with. And I don't know why. I don't know if it's personal stuff going on or maybe he's physically tired."

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/gia...-i-played-with
    Last edited by Cloud57; 12-21-2012 at 10:52 PM.

All-Pro
    It seems his best days of football are behind him.

Look back after JT took the injury 3/4 years ago when he took a cheap shot from that turd on Dallas. He's never been the same/ they called it a burner to the neck. We've been seeing the same thing from him ever since. His playing days are over. Osi on the other hand was always a 3rd down / strip sack guy with a tremendous first step but please don't talk about him like he was the other side of Michael Strahan who set the edge, sack the QB and basically frustrated OT's all day long! A beast, MS was! Go Giants! Spank the Ravens/ Remember 2000!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bearbryant View Post
    Look back after JT took the injury 3/4 years ago when he took a cheap shot from that turd on Dallas. He's never been the same/ they called it a burner to the neck. We've been seeing the same thing from him ever since. His playing days are over. Osi on the other hand was always a 3rd down / strip sack guy with a tremendous first step but please don't talk about him like he was the other side of Michael Strahan who set the edge, sack the QB and basically frustrated OT's all day long! A beast, MS was! Go Giants! Spank the Ravens/ Remember 2000!!!
    +1,000,000 -- BINGO! He's never been the same since that injury. He did play really well at the end of last year, so maybe it is more of a lack of desire on his part. But he hasn't been as consistent since that injury.

Bench Player
    he almost seems to disappear when the ball is snapped ! don't see his name as much as you used to!

I suggested we use tuck like we use osi last week. I think thatd be the best way to use him to a, limit the snaps if he isnt going all out and b, should keep him fresh and healthier.
    he is clearly not an everydown de in this, slump i guess the word would be although, three yrs is a long time to slump, maybe hes just not very good anymore?

Or maybe itd be best to use tuck on first and second downs to combat the run, then take him out on third down for kiwi or osi if we keep him...

Tuck and the Giants are hiding a more severe issue with Tucks shoulder injuries.. I would not be surprised if he retires as I do not believe he wants to go anywhere else but the Giants and he reliazes that the more he underachieves he will be putting the Giants in a difficult situation to cut him.

From the same guy who ran around with a big belly during his last two seasons trying in vain to catch up to anyone on the field . . . . .

Tuck's last great season was 2010, and he play very well in the playoffs last season.
    New York Giants Superbowl XXI, XXV, XLII, XLVI Champions!!!!!