+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Bench Player

IS THERE ANY CHANCE THE GIANTS CAN CLINCH WITH A WIN THIS SUNDAY?

Is it possible not to come down to the Philly game?

Yeah but i think like 4-5 other teams have to lose.

Starter
    Yes but it is HIGHLY unlikely. They need to win and have the Redskins, Cowboys, Vikings and Bears all lose. Most likely will come down to that Eagles game unfourtantely. Trust me last thing I want is an important December game against the Eagles in the Meadowlands but looks like thats where we're headed. However they win this week and we'll worry about the eagles then
    NYG

Bench Player
    Quote Originally Posted by GMEN023 View Post
    Yes but it is HIGHLY unlikely. They need to win and have the Redskins, Cowboys, Vikings and Bears all lose. Most likely will come down to that Eagles game unfourtantely. Trust me last thing I want is an important December game against the Eagles in the Meadowlands but looks like thats where we're headed. However they win this week and we'll worry about the eagles then
    agreed I just don't have many fond memories playing the eagles in the final game of the season

NO WAY. Act of God needed.
    "KILL'EM ALL AND LET THE PARAMEDICS SORT'EM OUT!"

Bench Player
    just goes to show them, how really an important game Atlanta was to win! really sucks being in Philly with OUR fate in THEIR house , sort to speak! that should be added incentive , not to lose this game! being pounded by the Falcons was bad enough, but losing to the Eagles would just be that much worse! ALL IN! GO BIG BLUE !

Quote Originally Posted by nygfan90 View Post
    Yeah but i think like 4-5 other teams have to lose.
    I don't think we will win this one come Sunday. The spark doesn't seem to be there with this team. Defense is atrocious at times, Eli's passes are off target, receivers dropping passes, etc. It just doesn't seem like they care. Did you ever look at the expression on Tuck's face when the cameras pan the team? He looks frustrated or disgusted. What's the reason for the sour puss??? Could it be that he doesn't buy into the schemes they're using and his pass rushing abilities are now limited because Fewell has him backing off at times into pass coverage instead of rushing the passer? I mean.....I don't know what the heck else it would be other than the fact that he doesn't agree with the way the defensive schemes are arranged and called. It can also be that because of the way their playing he doesn't get sacks and I'm sure that there is a clause in his contract that stipulates for any sack he gets, additional bonus money is earned by him and if the bonus is $100K per sack, that can add up to one hell of a pay day.
    Maybe with KP and Prince coming back into the fold there will be somewhat of a spark for the team and they will play better. I hope I'm right stating the
    later and wrong about the rest. However, you got to admit it's food for thought.

Quote Originally Posted by BK07071 View Post
    I don't think we will win this one come Sunday. The spark doesn't seem to be there with this team. Defense is atrocious at times, Eli's passes are off target, receivers dropping passes, etc. It just doesn't seem like they care. Did you ever look at the expression on Tuck's face when the cameras pan the team? He looks frustrated or disgusted. What's the reason for the sour puss??? Could it be that he doesn't buy into the schemes they're using and his pass rushing abilities are now limited because Fewell has him backing off at times into pass coverage instead of rushing the passer? I mean.....I don't know what the heck else it would be other than the fact that he doesn't agree with the way the defensive schemes are arranged and called. It can also be that because of the way their playing he doesn't get sacks and I'm sure that there is a clause in his contract that stipulates for any sack he gets, additional bonus money is earned by him and if the bonus is $100K per sack, that can add up to one hell of a pay day.
    Maybe with KP and Prince coming back into the fold there will be somewhat of a spark for the team and they will play better. I hope I'm right stating the
    later and wrong about the rest. However, you got to admit it's food for thought.
    Food for thought? Yeah. maybe junk food for thought.

What you describe here would definitely apply to the Falcons game. But for the rest of the season? No. Cincinnati was a lackluster game, I'll give you that. But to say that as if the entire--or even most of--this season has produced a team without a "spark" would not only be unfair, it would be grossly inaccurate. As for Tuck looking frustrated and disgusted. Why shouldn't he, during the course of the Falcons game? But again, to imply that describes Tuck for most or all of this season is absurd.

We'll win the last 2 games (this statement is my opinion; the rest of this paragraph is arithmetic). Then it's up to what Skins and Cowboys do. It's now impossible for both of them to get to 10-6, while it is possible Giants can. If Giants and Cowboys go 10-6, we win the division (due to our respective Conference records as tie breaker). If Skins and Giants go 10-6, Skins win division (due to their superior division record) but we can still win a wild card even if Bears and Vikes end up 10-6, due to our respective Conference records and/or total points scored.

We win both our games, we're in. We truly do control our post season hopes, with 2 more reg season games to play. Just like last year.

In order to clinch a playoff spot THIS week, we need to win and hope that 4 teams lose. But to clinch a playoff spot NEXT week, we just need to win.

So let's all quit whining and give the Giants our positive vibes to JUST WIN, BABY, ok?
    Last edited by gmen46; 12-22-2012 at 02:44 AM.

From NFL.com

CLINCHING SCENARIOS
    : New York clinches a playoff spot with: 1) NYG win + CHI loss + MIN loss + DAL loss + WAS loss or tie OR; 2) NYG win + CHI loss + MIN loss + WAS loss + DAL tie

Quote Originally Posted by Jet-Blue View Post
    From NFL.com

CLINCHING SCENARIOS
    : New York clinches a playoff spot with: 1) NYG win + CHI loss + MIN loss + DAL loss + WAS loss or tie OR; 2) NYG win + CHI loss + MIN loss + WAS loss + DAL tie
    I can see MIN and DAL losing but WAS and CHI have pretty easy games. Also NY needs to win, which I hope they do.