+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Tracy Ready To Step Up After Long Wait

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/gia...er-long-wait-2

Excerpt: "It may have taken eight weeks longer than Adrian Tracyexpected, but the Giants defensive end is excited for a potential increase in playing time Sunday.

With defensive end Justin Tuck questionable for Sunday's game against Baltimore, Tracy is in line to potentially see a boost in snaps if the veteran can't go. It seemed earlier this year that Tracy would be a bigger part of the defense after his first sack against San Francisco, but that never translated.

"(I'd be) Ecstatic. This is what you want to do. You want to play. You want to get out on the field and you want to contribute to the team and do anything to help them win," Tracy said. "In San Francisco, when I got the opportunity, I was on cloud nine and if it presents itself this week, I'll have the same feeling."

Tuck did not practice all week and it's up in the air if he will be able to go. The Giants depth chart currently has Tracy as the backup to co-starters Jason Pierre-Paul and Osi Umenyioraon the right side, and Mathias Kiwanuka as the backup to Tuck. Giants head coach Tom Coughlin said he'll have to see when asked if Tracy would be in line to see a boost in playing time.

A sixth-round pick in 2010, Tracy has bounced back and forth between linebacker and defensive end in his short tenure with the Giants. He registered the first sack of his career against San Francisco on Oct. 14, and thought he might see a tick in his playing time because of it. The team had found a combination defensive end/linebacker position for him, and he responded with a strong showing in brief action." Read more...
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

All-Pro
    Like his desire. He has to have a great motor to stay round this long. Not sure how he will hold up though. Hoping for the best.

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy333 View Post
    Like his desire. He has to have a great motor to stay round this long. Not sure how he will hold up though. Hoping for the best.
    We can only hope what we saw in pre-season was just the tip of the iceberg.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Seen his pre game media interview....I'll tell you what, he seemed more enthusiastic and eager to play this game than any of the other guys interviewed...probably because he's trying to prove himself to the coaching staff/move up on the depth chart

Last year at this time they were beating their chest and yelling ALL IN...this time it just seems totally different to me....I hope this is a misjudgement on my part

Quote Originally Posted by egyptian420 View Post
    Seen his pre game media interview....I'll tell you what, he seemed more enthusiastic and eager to play this game than any of the other guys interviewed...probably because he's trying to prove himself to the coaching staff/move up on the depth chart

Last year at this time they were beating their chest and yelling ALL IN...this time it just seems totally different to me....I hope this is a misjudgement on my part
    He knows this is his opportunity and they don't come along all that often. He could cement his position for the future with a solid performance

Another guy Coughlin has had rotting on the bench too long. I hope he can have a really good game , and get on the field more. Hopefully his size won't hurt him against the run. That's a problem Osi has suffered with for years.

Tracy played well in the hybrid linebacker role in the 49ers game. Injuries happen (Tuck) this is where players can show case their talent and cement a spot on the team and the future.

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    He knows this is his opportunity and they don't come along all that often. He could cement his position for the future with a solid performance
    I hope so man, I like what I've seen from him so far in the few times he's been able to play

Quote Originally Posted by NorwoodBlue View Post
    Another guy Coughlin has had rotting on the bench too long. I hope he can have a really good game , and get on the field more. Hopefully his size won't hurt him against the run. That's a problem Osi has suffered with for years.
    +1 on the sitting on the bench. Many times he could have played but no they want to use a guy that only plays at half speed because hes a vet.
    Bill Loyal to the NYG logo

Im sick of reading crap like this Roanoke not against you for posting this. I swear Fewell is clueless to use his defensive playera properly. Tracy has been waiting for WHAT to see Tuck rot on the line. A blind man can see Tuck struggling and this young energetic player has to wait for an injury to see an increase in snaps. I love love love the Giants but these coordiators must go cuz they both are clueless how to use there players.