+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

The team let Eli down today (In this particular game only)

I'm usually very critical of Eli but for good reason. However, this is one of those games where you cant blame the guy. he has no one open, guys are dropping passes and he has no time to throw. This is why there is no such thing as 1 person carrying a team in football. In order to win your team has to play good or else its impossible.

This one is over, however maybe next week Dallas, Chicago, Minnesota and who ever needs to lose loses and we can get in. A guy can dream can he?

the players Let Eli down today. Im going to head to the park to jog this one off. let me know how you guys feel.

edit:

I worded the original post a little wrong. I am not trying to make excuses for ELi and i dont want anyone to think that i am. Today He didnt play good. The point of this thread is to let everyone know that in my opinion, our problems on offense were mostly due to the offensive line and the receivers for this particular game, and this game only.

Last week and the weeks before were a different story. Eli has had an off year and throughout his career he has always been inconsistent. he played horrible last week and i too am tired of the constant excuses. Every week there is an excuse for Eli so i understand some of your frustration and i think it is justified.

But in this particular game it felt like hixon was the only one who played with heart. i watched at least 6 different games today. You cant expect the ball to be thrown perfectly on every play. Sometimes you need to win the 1v1 battle and make a play. Today the ravens were the better team and won the 1v1 battle. If you look at a lot of the passes flaco threw you'd see that there were pretty tight coverage on a lot of those completions. There Receivers were just able to make plays. All flaco did was throw up passes toward corey webster. Give credit to the ravens.

Last edited by Marvelousmik; 12-23-2012 at 09:45 PM.

Eli was awful just like everyone else.

I don't wanna' hear excuses for anyone today.

Today?? Try half the season. It just hasnt been this blatant. Ive rewatched every loss a few times. Its evident. Watcg the losses again...

Quote Originally Posted by Overdrive92 View Post

He's not saying Eli wasn't awful.
    He's saying that he's usually critical of Eli's gameplay but today the team did nothing to help him..
    He wasn't good either but really, what help did he get?

Also, good post Marv. This team needs a reality check.
    Finalized divorce from Victor Michael Walker Cruz November 23rd, 2014. 9:16 PM.

LMAO. Eli has sucked just the same with every other player on this pathetic offense.

Eli, the WR's and RB'S has zero chance today with the line play. Completely outmatched.
    "...gently down the loser stream!!"

--80--

Quote Originally Posted by Overdrive92 View Post

The quarterback requires as much help as anybody. We like to glorify the position, but the QB is at the mercy of the players around him as much as anyone. When you get no blocking, when your receivers aren't open it becomes very difficult to play the position. Eli has had a player in his face almost every time he's dropped back today. No QB, especially in an offense like this, will have success that way.

Quote Originally Posted by jgrangers11 View Post
    The quarterback requires as much help as anybody. We like to glorify the position, but the QB is at the mercy of the players around him as much as anyone. When you get no blocking, when your receivers aren't open it becomes very difficult to play the position. Eli has had a player in his face almost every time he's dropped back today. No QB, especially in an offense like this, will have success that way.
    Don't bother with the idiots.

Quote Originally Posted by jgrangers11 View Post
    EVERYBODY SUCKED! That's the point! It was a collective sucking effort!

Do some of you guys read?
    Finalized divorce from Victor Michael Walker Cruz November 23rd, 2014. 9:16 PM.