+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: #19/#20

Hybrid View

#19/#20

This is most likely where we will be drafting at after this embarrassment of a season. I like Dion Jordan, Chance Warmack, Jesse Williams, and Johnathon Cooper. Think we have to go either O or D-line. Can't run the ball and can't stop the run. It starts there.

Giants are gonna finally going to need to get some linebackers and also cheaper options at the O-line if they want to establish a run game and be able to stop it.

The oline and lb are a big need. Wish Mosely would have come out.

Quote Originally Posted by GOBLUE24 View Post
    The oline and lb are a big need. Wish Mosely would have come out.
    +1
    New York Giants Superbowl XXI, XXV, XLII, XLVI Champions!!!!!

I think CB and DL is our biggest need. I think corner back comes first I would love to see the giants drafting a tall physical corner like Jonathan Banks and Xavier Rhodes, also really like DE like Ezekiel Ansah, Alex Okafor and Dion Jordan. I don't think Dion Jordan will be available neither Jonathan Banks, I'd rather a CB than a DE though.

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel_1 View Post
    I think CB and DL is our biggest need. I think corner back comes first I would love to see the giants drafting a tall physical corner like Jonathan Banks and Xavier Rhodes, also really like DE like Ezekiel Ansah, Alex Okafor and Dion Jordan. I don't think Dion Jordan will be available neither Jonathan Banks, I'd rather a CB than a DE though.
    I dunno, Our oline is every bit as bad as all the positions you mention. I think Jordan is a bit more of a project mostly because of his weird build.

If i had my way, I wouldnt go for DE in the 1st unless it was perhaps a Werner(not gonna happen) , Okafor, or Ansah. However, I almost think the Giants needs are so many that they might be better off going CB or Oline in round 1 then grabbing a guy like B Jenkins or Tank Carradine in the 2nd or 3rd rounds. Although, i still want to see Jenkins actual measurables, I do not believe he ever played at 260+ in college.

Today's game showed exactly our biggest problems. We clearly need a new outside corner. We clearly need better interior Oline play. We clearly need better middle linebacker play, and we clearly need better passrush. I could literally see us going in any of those directions in the early rounds.

Take your pick:
    Xavier Rhodes
    Jonathan Banks
    Chance Warmack
    Exekiel Ansah
    Alex Okafor

There are a few other guys I like but these are the main ones.

I

Im not sure Banks has the hips to be an elite cover corner. I think id wait to the 2nd round for a corner. I think u get better value for corners there in this draft. If this team does not get another end that can cause pressure it wont matter who is playing CB. i think we have to be a bad team for a year

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    Im not sure Banks has the hips to be an elite cover corner. I think id wait to the 2nd round for a corner. I think u get better value for corners there in this draft. If this team does not get another end that can cause pressure it wont matter who is playing CB. i think we have to be a bad team for a year
    Well there are guys I like more, Milliner at CB and Werner at DE. But I dont see them available for us.

I do agree tho that there are going to be some 2nd+ round corners available who could help. It is a decent class.

I also agree that pressure is equally important. We really do have not only a big list of needs, but a big list of VERY pressing needs.

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    You mean more bad then we are now, which is almost terrible, right? We just lost to ATL and BALT like 68 to 14combined or something crazy..lol Add in the CIncy score, and its like 102- 27 or something..lol Dont get it mistaken, were a bad bad bad football team right now..

DJ FLuker or Chance Warmack or Barret Jones in round 1 im elated. Kevin Minter or Nico Johnson for LB