+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: #19/#20

Quote Originally Posted by GOBLUE24 View Post
    DJ FLuker or Chance Warmack or Barret Jones in round 1 im elated. Kevin Minter or Nico Johnson for LB
    I love Barrett Jones.. If the giants draft a guy like Ogletree, Ansah, or Okafor in RD 1, i would have no issue at al trading up for Barrett Jones early RD 2, if hes still on the board.. We have alot of needs, but to get a game changer on defense and a versatile olineman ike Jones in RD 2, would be a heck of a start..

We know Jerry Reese is capable of finding later rd guys, so getting studs for sure early on is not a bad idea, and then have Jerry work his magic as hes done in the past mid- late rds to find other valuable players...

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    Im not sure Banks has the hips to be an elite cover corner. I think id wait to the 2nd round for a corner. I think u get better value for corners there in this draft. If this team does not get another end that can cause pressure it wont matter who is playing CB. i think we have to be a bad team for a year
    You mean more bad then we are now, which is almost terrible, right? We just lost to ATL and BALT like 68 to 14combined or something crazy..lol Add in the CIncy score, and its like 102- 27 or something..lol Dont get it mistaken, were a bad bad bad football team right now..

Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    Alec Ogletree ILB Georgia would be a sensational pick for this club if we don't go DE in RD 1..
    I agree, I think he is a sensational player who isnt talk about enough.

I just dont know if this FO would go MLB in round 1. So the part of me that likes hi ma bunch conflicts with the part of me that is is trying to predict what we will do.

If somehow the Giants got Alex Ogeltree in round 1 and traded up and got Jones! Wow it be back flips. If somehow got Rambo in 3rd oh boy!

Quote Originally Posted by BlueSanta View Post
    I agree, I think he is a sensational player who isnt talk about enough.

I just dont know if this FO would go MLB in round 1. So the part of me that likes hi ma bunch conflicts with the part of me that is is trying to predict what we will do.
    well most would of said the same thing about not knowing if we'd go RB or S in RD 1 as well.. I always lived by the anything can happen mantra myself.. As soon as we don't draft a positon for a 10yr span, we kinda start thinking we won't draft that positon but in reality, u only get one first rder, and whos available, whos best player available, what kinda needs do u have, nad all that play a part...

The reason i think Ogletree could actually happen is we haven't had a stud LB in awhile and it could be about that time REESE decides to see if that helps cure what ails this football team on D...

We shall see...lol

All-Pro
    This team needs to fix the OL first. Now maybe they do it through the draft or FA, but it has to be taken care of first.

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy333 View Post
    This team needs to fix the OL first. Now maybe they do it through the draft or FA, but it has to be taken care of first.
    They just gotta get better players in here, period.. Right now they just need a flux of young talent sprinkled througout the guys that are gonna be here awhile like Linval, Prince, JPP, Cruz, Beatty..etc Its a pretty small nucleus, and i don't see a G or OT making much of a diffrence by themselves, so therefore, if a better players out there, grab em.. Don't be held down by any positon of need, and just get a talented player..

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    They just gotta get better players in here, period.. Right now they just need a flux of young talent sprinkled througout the guys that are gonna be here awhile like Linval, Prince, JPP, Cruz, Beatty..etc Its a pretty small nucleus, and i don't see a G or OT making much of a diffrence by themselves, so therefore, if a better players out there, grab em.. Don't be held down by any positon of need, and just get a talented player..
    Wouldn't want them to reach for a player either. Was thinking that maybe they they sign Beatty and then try to find someone in FA to make that OL better. Then hopefully there is a good OL where they pick that is also worthy of the pick.

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy333 View Post
    Wouldn't want them to reach for a player either. Was thinking that maybe they they sign Beatty and then try to find someone in FA to make that OL better. Then hopefully there is a good OL where they pick that is also worthy of the pick.
    If we get rid of Diehl, Snee, and Baas that could free up enough cap room do get some good free agent olineman. I like Andre Smith, Levitre, and De La Puente. Our line would go from **** to dominant.

Eric Fisher or Warmack for me.. CB in round 2

+ Reply to Thread