+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Bench Player

My Epitaph for the 2012 Giants

Well, first let me say this game prompted me to make a new account for these boards. I have been lurking around these boards and posted enough in the old ones long enough to know that had I not said this first somebody would have said "Nice thing to say for your first post." I hope we win next week but from what I have seen the past two weeks I don't expect us to make it into the playoffs. I will always cheer for this team and hope for a chance to win during the playoffs no matter what, but I see the liabilities of this team.

That being said, I have come to accept that this team needs a serious retooling. Our defense is embarrassing. Webster, I appreciate your past contributions to this team but it is time for you to go or to take a serious pay cut and you need to earn any time you see on the field after this season. Osi, so long, thank you for all the excitement you have given us over the years. Tuck, you had so much potential but you've lost your heart for the game, talk is cheap my friend, hopefully you can find your fire on another team and have a few more years of success if you are not willing to come back for less money.

Perry, you are no longer a viable option. Troy Aikman mentioned during the game that he spoke to you and you told him you still could not figure out what happened during the Atlanta game, a full week later. This is your problem, you don't have the ability to adjust your scheme. You know that you have had limited success with a certain type of play and you just insert it into every situation hoping for it to be successful. You don't take any risks, it is time for the Giants to find someone who understands risk versus reward, that does not expect to win playing prevent all game.

Our offensive line is disgusting to watch. This is the worst unit I have ever seen on this team. David Diehl, so long, like so many others on this team I appreciate the work you put in while you were effective, but your time with this team has passed. David Bass, you need to take a pay cut if you wish to stay on this team, if not, I am ready to say goodbye to you too. We can no longer afford to waste our cap space on mediocre players. Eli, I love you, I know it's not your fault, I know you have had no time to let your receivers routes to develop lately. I feel like I am watching David Carr play for the Oilers lately. I hope you are not too shell shocked and have a tremendous year in 2013. I know you are capable of carrying the team on your shoulders; it is not fair for you to need to do it every week with no help from anyone.

Kevin Gilbride, you share all your traits with Perry, it is time for new blood. It is time for someone who is willing to put the game in the hands of Eli.

Tom, I have always defended you in the past, I always have attacked your detractors. However, there comes a time for the HC to step in and intervene when his subordinates are not getting the job done. You are too loyal to your players and coaching staff for past deeds, there are people who see the field way too much this year for what they did last past few years. I will miss you, but it is part of our downfall.

Jerry Reese, you inherited an amazing offensive line and have done nothing to preserve any sort of continuity as the torch was passed. You have failed to invest any significant draft picks into the unit and have failed in your free-agent acquisitions. Some people around here look at you with rose colored glasses because of your success in the draft. I don't, I am aware that your success has overshadowed your failures in the draft. You have the potential to become an excellent GM and I hope you do because the decisions you will have to make during this offseason won't be easy. I hope you make the correct ones, and for the sake of all our sanity, please draft a 4-3 linebacker who can cover the pass.

JPP, Cruz, Nicks, Wilson, Eli, Prince, Hosley, Randle, you are the future of this team, I hope you continue to grow and build a firm foundation that we can build on for next year so we can get back to the Super Bowl!!!

Excellent post.

Bench Player
    Thank you kind sir.

I'm so tired of this team, I just made this account after tonight too so I could come vent. Is this what it's like rooting for a team that plays like crap? I can hardly take it after 2 weeks, I can't imagine what it must be like for years like the Jets or the Redskins (not so much this year though)!

Quote Originally Posted by blueanglel View Post
    I'm so tired of this team, I just made this account after tonight too so I could come vent. Is this what it's like rooting for a team that plays like crap? I can hardly take it after 2 weeks, I can't imagine what it must be like for years like the Jets or the Redskins (not so much this year though)!
    The worst part is that the team is playing like crap because they don't care. Dave Brown didn't have talent but at least he tried, every game...

Bench Player
    I don't understand how you cannot care. I played sports in school; I always competed because I wanted to perform the best I could. How do you lose motivation when you are earning so much money and need to win that game to make it to the playoffs? This team is perplexing for sure. When I was in the Army they always told us false motivation was better than having no motivation. Bradshaw flat out said they didn't come to play tonight. Things must be bad when you won't even pretend to show interest in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    The worst part is that the team is playing like crap because they don't care. Dave Brown didn't have talent but at least he tried, every game...
    Will happen when you've got coaches scared to bench vets. Guys know their jobs are still secure.
    For a Giant fan that I personally knew: My mom. May she smile and be delighted whenever her favorite player - Victor Cruz - scores a touchdown and does his salsa dance.

Thank you mom for everything! Let's Go Giants!

Bench Player
    That's why it is time for Coughlin to go, he is failing at his leadership role in that regard, as well as finding a way to motivate the team.

Quote Originally Posted by G-MENBK View Post
    Will happen when you've got coaches scared to bench vets. Guys know their jobs are still secure.
    Thats why I say the problem is coaching. If the coaches aren't afraid to bench vets, you have a problem. Eventually the players start running the show, and you have the Fassel regime all over again...

Bench Player
    It's already happening now isn't it? I don't remember hearing so much about player only meetings in the past as I have this year and last year. I looked past it last year because it worked but now that it didn't... It sticks out like a sore thumb.