+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Leave the coaches in place...

I'm not saying that some criticism isn't fair, but I have no interest in changing coaches. Good coaches are harder to find than talented players, IMO.

Coughlin and KG got us to 2 SB's, and Fewell helped us get to one. And the assistant coaches are good to including Pope, and the line coaches as well. The ST coach has done a good job over the past two years, but I think that Weatherford was the biggest factor there.

If high-priced player seem to lack the desire to show up, then that's on those players. They can take a hike.

If Gilbride would take the time to watch the entirety of the 2012 Giants season tape, see which plays work to the best of our players' strengths, and crafts a new offense based on those factors, I'd be content with him staying. Fewelll might need to make some long term adjustments as well.

I could go to a high school football game right now and find someone more competent than Kevin Gilbride
    Close or you hit the bricks

Veteran
    nope I'm tired of these 2nd half collapses

Quote Originally Posted by sharick88 View Post
    I could go to a high school football game right now and find someone more competent than Kevin Gilbride
    I think Gilbride is just too stubborn to craft a scheme that's different. He needs to realize you can't use the same blueprint for 85 million years and expect it to continue working forever.

There's a listlisness with this team that I can't blame on coaches.

I was not a Fewell defender last year, but I'll defend him now...at least for one more year.

This team needs new blood on the field.

Veteran
    You can not be serious??? How are you satisfied with our coordinators? Gilbride has to go. We win despite his efforts, not because of them. Never and creativity out of the offense. The shotgun draw needs to be thrown out of the playbook. Bombs on 3rd and 2 have to stop. Never letting Eli run the hurry up is inexcusable. Never adjusting at halftime is laughable.

The inablility for Fewell to see that the secondary is incredibly week and never blitz to help them out is also inexcusable. The tackling is horrible. Reese's ignoring the linebacker position is unbelievable. Slapping undrafted free agents and washed up players is not acceptible.

All I want for Christmas is Spags back a d-coordinator and Turner running the offense. We may have over estimated the talent ont his team but they are much better than the have shown.

eh.....I'm ready for a change at the OC and DC positions. I think everyone has figured out this offense and PF hasn't figured out anything.

Here's 7 coaches that you should look that are better.

1. Jon Gruden
    2. David Shaw (Stanford HC)
    3. Tom Clements (Packers OC)
    4. Bruce Arians (Interim HC of Colts)
    5. Bo Pelini (Nebraska HC)
    6. Mike McCoy (Broncos OC)
    7. Bill Cowher

I think KG is the biggest issue... While we have 2 SB wins under him I take a new OC anyway of the week...