+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Where is Hakeem Nicks that I used to know?

Sure he's not 100% but my gosh, he didn't even show up. I've been a big supporter of Nicks, but if he doesn't show up next week again, he can just leave and get his fat contract somewhere else.

All-Pro
    He is hurt. The problem is he is always hurt. Honestly they have to consider what he is worth when his contract is up. He is tough as nails but if he can't help the team they can't give him a monster deal.

​hes a top 5 receiver when healthy

His lack of presence in the offense this year has been severe. He doesn't snatch balls, doesn't dive for balls, doesn't box out for balls. He's just not physical. It's obvious how much he wants to play even when the world knows he's injured, but the coaching staff should have more say in this. Randle could have run the routes that Nicks ran today, and he's healthy. I think they gave Hixon more targets in the second half when they saw that Nicks was ineffective. I don't know what's so complicated about the Giants offense that Randle couldn't do in stead of Nicks. It's painful to say this, but Nicks is a liability now.

They brought him back way too soon -- the idea that half of Nicks is better than no Nicks was plainly wrong. It seemed like they were letting him make the call on when he would play and practice, which is usually a mistake -- a player of his ability rarely admits he's a liability.

Answer to today's trivia question: Gorilla Monsoon.
    Last edited by ghostoftommymaddox; 12-24-2012 at 12:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy333 View Post
    He is hurt. The problem is he is always hurt. Honestly they have to consider what he is worth when his contract is up. He is tough as nails but if he can't help the team they can't give him a monster deal.
    Dude, hurt players do more then Nicks... I mean, hes been flat out invisible for most part, and to not get even 1catch tonigth? Just on being a good WR, and in his 4th season, he should be able to get open a couple times and make a couple catches..

I remember hering something about his not staying in shape at UNC when he was coming out, and to be honest, hes not the most cut up guy, and maybe theres a little truth to that? I don't know, but either way, he needs to be more productive , regardless of where he at with that injury..

Quote Originally Posted by ghostoftommymaddox View Post
    They brought him back way too soon -- the idea that half of Nicks is better than no Nicks was plainly wrong. It seemed like they were letting him make the call on when he would play and practice, which is usually a mistake -- a player of his ability rarely admits he's a liability.
    Nicely put.
    For a Giant fan that I personally knew: My mom. May she smile and be delighted whenever her favorite player - Victor Cruz - scores a touchdown and does his salsa dance.

Thank you mom for everything! Let's Go Giants!

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelousmik View Post
    ​hes a top 5 receiver when healthy
    Don't know why that's in red...

Because he's never healthy.

Quote Originally Posted by BMW View Post
    Because he's never healthy.
    oh