+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Coughlin's after the game presser

"Postgame quotes from the Giants after their loss to the Ravens

COACH TOM COUGHLIN

Coughlin: I thought our week was a good week. I thought last night our meetings were well done. I think we came in here and we tried hard. We worked hard at it." Also "What has happened over the course of the last couple of weeks is very difficult to explain."

There you have it folks! As usual they had a good practice!

Well Tom, it is not difficult to explain. Here are some reasons that you obviously have overlooked
    1. The play calling on offense has been the same for 9 years:Run, Run, Pass, Kick.
    2. You use a defense scheme that is not working
    3. You have no clue on how to game plan to take away the strengths of your opponent and exploit their weaknesses.
    4. If you cannot explain what the problems are and how to fix them, what are you doing coaching?

Veteran
    That's the problem with Tom, he can't figure out what's wrong and never will. He did a good job these past years but he needs to retire now.

Again he has no answer why we continue to come out unmotivated. Ugh...these second half collapses really kill me.

I couldn't care less about what he has to say at this point. We really need some new blood to re-energize the team.

Quote Originally Posted by elevenbravo View Post
    I couldn't care less about what he has to say at this point. We really need some new blood to re-energize the team.
    This.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenbravo View Post
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^

TC Where he said the veterans were looking to him after the game like what's going on how to explain it. And I liked his response, He said that the reasons are going to be things these veterans are not going to like hearing in realizing. He put them on notice and I took it to me he was saying that some of the players are just not any good anymore.
    Now in regards to him saying we had a good week of practice the players knew the game plan. well that's the issue. It's the gameplan and it's the schemes. the players are practicing well throughout the week because they're getting what the coordinators want them to do. When we go against opponents the players Are putting themselves in the position the coaches had them practice throughout the week. This has gone on repeatedly, and I can't think of another explanation. We keep hearing thut the players are practicing well and understanding the gameplay and then on game day we get blown out.

If this wasn't reoccurring I could find another aspect to believe. But after a loss we hear how they practiced well all week they were a understanding the game plan and then come game day nothings working. Dont even get me started on the lack of adjustments

Coughlin will go down as one of the best coaches in Big Blue history.......he won 2 Super Bowls and had us in the playoffs more often that not.

With that said, it is probably time to bring some new blood in here. He is a solid, old school no BS coach and as such, he should realize that his excuses no longer cut it anymore. He's an accountability guy, well guess what, HE needs to take accountability for how badly the team has played at the end of seasons time and time again.

He has had his day in the sun, in fact, he had two of them. It is time for him to ride off into the sunset as a winner and a 2 time SB champion coach and bring in a young hungry warrior who will motivate this team properly, like a Harbaugh brother or a McCarthey or someone of that ilk. But that status quo of playing good football early and falling completely apart at the end of the season (and remember, we did that even in the SB years as well and we had to back into that playoffs) is no longer good enough.

Retire now Tom, go out in good standing with most Giants fan who are of an even keel and give someone else a chance. Stay too long, continue to have this team collapse on you again and again and risk becoming a beloved Giants coach to one who overstayed his welcome and who quite frankly, runs the risk of being labeled with the "overrated" tag.

Do the right thing, step down at the top and not at the bottom after you are forced out. Be a class act and an example to lead, much like Strahan, go out while we all still respect you!

Short list to replace is Cowher, Gruden (not because I like Gruden but because I guarantee you he could bring it ELITE coordinators to coach under him and that counts for A LOT), or maybe promote an elite level coordinator from another team.......Hell, maybe take a shot in the dark and see if Bill Belichek wants to come back to his old stomping grounds (long long long shot I know)

One thing is for sure, even if Coughlin stays, Kevin @ssface Gilbride absolutely MUST GO. His offense is absolutely pathetic and with the weapons we have, is absolutely inexcusable at the NFL level.

The draw to Hynoski, given the situation we were in, the probability of success and the must win scenario that we faced, was absolutely one of the dumbest play calls in Giants history, if not in NFL history. No excuse for that kind of stupidity with so much on the line and with that play having such a small chance of success.

Gilbride HAS to go regardless of whatever else happens during this offseason. Now I see why Buddy Ryan punched him in his fat face. I just wish I could do the same.

Here you go, watch this guys.....it really is quite cathartic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPK3cDl7Ftw

By the way, back in the day, Gilbride totally looks like Farva from Super Troopers.
    Last edited by shockeyisjesus; 12-24-2012 at 03:20 AM.

Veteran
    When both your O-line and D-line suck, your practices probably do seem pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by giantsforce View Post
    "Postgame quotes from the Giants after their loss to the Ravens

COACH TOM COUGHLIN

Coughlin: I thought our week was a good week. I thought last night our meetings were well done. I think we came in here and we tried hard. We worked hard at it." Also "What has happened over the course of the last couple of weeks is very difficult to explain."

There you have it folks! As usual they had a good practice!

Well Tom, it is not difficult to explain. Here are some reasons that you obviously have overlooked
    1. The play calling on offense has been the same for 9 years:Run, Run, Pass, Kick.
    2. You use a defense scheme that is not working
    3. You have no clue on how to game plan to take away the strengths of your opponent and exploit their weaknesses.
    4. If you cannot explain what the problems are and how to fix them, what are you doing coaching?
    I agree. I think KG and PF are to blame, but it is TCs responsibility to get these guys going.
    "In Reese, We No Longer Trust"