+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

I hope JPP has a hidden injury

Because his drop off this season is inexplicable and troubling. If he cant handle the pressure of being our best defender, hes not the DE we all thought we had. Certainly hasnt played like it this season.

Banned
    I hope he isn’t injured. I hope he just had an off year.

As i said in a previous thread, I don't quite put a lot on JPP at this point, the poor guy is getting mauled by a TE, doubled by offensive linemen and then chipped by backs all on the same play almost every down while everyone else struggles to beat their one-on-ones.

BOOM!!!

Quote Originally Posted by cken View Post
    As i said in a previous thread, I don't quite put a lot on JPP at this point, the poor guy is getting mauled by a TE, doubled by offensive linemen and then chipped by backs all on the same play almost every down while everyone else struggles to beat their one-on-ones.
    I hear you but thats been an excuse for him all season. That wont change in the future and frankly the greats still find ways to get it done. He had plenty of one on ones the last five games and still has been non existant.

Quote Originally Posted by VBGiantsFan View Post
    I hear you but thats been an excuse for him all season. That wont change in the future and frankly the greats still find ways to get it done. He had plenty of one on ones the last five games and still has been non existant.
    I think Coughlin is right, it IS going to take an offseason to fix this pass rush. Remember how we were all saying he was still raw and he was getting by with his freakish athleticism last year? Well i guess it will take the offseason to freshen up his technique and get back to mauling guys.

BOOM!!!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by cken View Post
    I think Coughlin is right, it IS going to take an offseason to fix this pass rush. Remember how we were all saying he was still raw and he was getting by with his freakish athleticism last year? Well i guess it will take the offseason to freshen up his technique and get back to mauling guys.
    It kind of reminds me of Jevon Keerse. He took NFL by storm and then got beat up a little bit his 3rd year.

Quote Originally Posted by BuffyBlueII View Post
    It kind of reminds me of Jevon Keerse. He took NFL by storm and then got beat up a little bit his 3rd year.
    If hes like Kearse then we should expect a steady decline from here. kearse got injured thoug so maybe that explains things for his career.

I'm going to throw JPP a bone because it also pissed me off this season whenever I saw it, other Giants fans can chime in as well: JPP was also held a plethora of times.
    For a Giant fan that I personally knew: My mom. May she smile and be delighted whenever her favorite player - Victor Cruz - scores a touchdown and does his salsa dance.

Thank you mom for everything! Let's Go Giants!

Quote Originally Posted by G-MENBK View Post
    I'm going to throw JPP a bone because it also pissed me off this season whenever I saw it, other Giants fans can chime in as well: JPP was also held a plethora of times.
    amen brotha

BOOM!!!

Quote Originally Posted by VBGiantsFan View Post
    Because his drop off this season is inexplicable and troubling. If he cant handle the pressure of being our best defender, hes not the DE we all thought we had. Certainly hasnt played like it this season.
    JPP has played well this yr. He is still a force with 2-3 blocking him while our other DE's lose their 1 on 1 battle.
    We Want 5!