+ Reply to Thread
    Bench Player

DRAFT Class of 11, 12 heading into 13

Sorry, I can really say now that Reese has whiffed in these last two drafts. We have really mismanaged the three areas where we are lacking talent the most, OL, CB, LB. Some picks pan out, some don't. I can say right now that 80% of these picks have not panned out. Our biggest concern has been LB and O Line, and he has ignored this need for a while now.

2011 draft, 1 current starter.
    2012 draft, 0 current starters.

David Wilson (misued, could have gone LB/OLine here )
    Rueben Randle (heading in right dirrection but could have gone LB/OLine here)
    Jayron Hosley (potential future starter, most likely average nickel corner at best)
    Adrien Robinson (raw and never used him this year)
    Brandon Mosley (raw, wait and see)
    Matt McCants (bad pick)
    Markus Kuhn (average DT)
    Prince Amukamara (starter-injury problems)
    Marvin Austin (bad pick)
    Jerrel Jernigan (misused-bad pick)
    James Brewer (average Lineman)
    Greg Jones (gone)
    Tyler Sash (special teams player/average Safety at best)
    Jacquian Williams (average small LB with speed)
    Da'Rel Scott (misused even prior to IR)

Quote Originally Posted by FOFORLIFE View Post
    Sorry, I can really say now that Reese has whiffed in these last two drafts. We have really mismanaged the three areas where we are lacking talent the most, OL, CB, LB. Some picks pan out, some don't. I can say right now that 80% of these picks have not panned out. Our biggest concern has been LB and O Line, and he has ignored this need for a while now.

2011 draft, 1 current starter.
    2012 draft, 0 current starters.

David Wilson (misued, could have gone LB/OLine here )
    Rueben Randle (heading in right dirrection but could have gone LB/OLine here)
    Jayron Hosley (potential future starter, most likely average nickel corner at best)
    Adrien Robinson (raw and never used him this year)
    Brandon Mosley (raw, wait and see)
    Matt McCants (bad pick)
    Markus Kuhn (average DT)
    Prince Amukamara (starter-injury problems)
    Marvin Austin (bad pick)
    Jerrel Jernigan (misused-bad pick)
    James Brewer (average Lineman)
    Greg Jones (gone)
    Tyler Sash (special teams player/average Safety at best)
    Jacquian Williams (average small LB with speed)
    Da'Rel Scott (misused even prior to IR)
    The jury is still out on the young guys from the past 2 seasons, maybe they are late bloomers. I wouldnt write some of them off already but its ridiculous that we are picking up alot of raw guys who are having some difficulty picking up on the system. I never seen fans blame the coach, Off Coord., and Def. Coord in the same year. I really think guys like Hakeem Nicks, William Beatty, Terrell Thomas, Kenny Phillips, Linval Joseph, JPP, Martellus Bennett, Ramses Barden, and Hixon are young guys that need to take over. These guys should be Pro Bowl caliber players and go to guys. These guys are usually hurt, have mental lapses, and inconsistent.

If this team is going to continue to let Tuck, Osi, Boley, Diehl, Snee, Bradshaw and Webster carry us....we will continue to see 2nd half collapses because these guys are not as hungry as they were in the past. Winning a Superbowl will do that. I still think Manning seriously wants to win a 3rd, but these guys need to step up as leaders and voice their opinions. Eli really should of stuck his foot in Bradshaws butt last night.

I found someone who has looked at this like I have. I just posted something similar else where. Everyone is quick to point to the coaching staff but the drafts have been crap for the last three-four years , especially rounds 1-4.

Quote Originally Posted by jaxnygmen View Post
    I found someone who has looked at this like I have. I just posted something similar else where. Everyone is quick to point to the coaching staff but the drafts have been crap for the last three-four years , especially rounds 1-4.
    Greatcoaches take bad-mediocre players and get the most out of hem. Not giving Reese a pass . His ignoring our oline since he took over is appalling, but those guys on that list are very talented.

You can't call someone a bust just because the coaches refuse to play rookies. Wilson, Randle, and Hosley will all pan out if they ever get a serious chance. I have no idea why the coaching staff absolutely refused to use Robinson. Mosley is on IR, for all we know he could replace Diehl next year. Kuhn was looking good until he hit IR himself. Only McCants stands out from 2012 looking like a bad pick.

As for 2011, Prince is solid and Jacquian will be our future at LB. Sash was good as a ST player...

Thank you Reddit for the best gif ever.

I would agree with this sentiment the Giants drafts have been poor the last 2 years. I liked the 2011 draft. Jernigan wont develop but thats almost ok because they hit on Cruz. The pick that really hurts is Marvin Austin. They expected him to be a starter and he has been a colossal failure. Prince is a starting quality CB that pick was good. The next best player is Jacquain Williams who I believe can still be a starter in the NFL. he was hurt all this season but he played extremely well as a rookie I hope he bounces back.Now the 2012 draft this was my least favorite of all of Reese and Ross's drafts.I could see the holes in the core of the team last season. I thought they were going to take a DE or an O lineman.Instead we got

1.David Wilson- a luxury pick. A split time RB is terrible value for the 1st round. I had a 2nd round grade on Wilson. players i had rated higher were
    Casey Hayward,Bobby Wagner , Cordy Glenn . All would of been superior picks.David Wilson was a player the Giants could of moved down and still got I believe. They reached by half a round

2. Rueben Randle- A player I do like and believe will be a big factor in 2013

3. Jayron Hosley - Surprised by this pick but Hosley was good value in this spot. Should be the Giants Nickel corner for the next few years

4.Adrien Robinson- This pick was terrible from a value standpoint. Im not sure what the Giants were thinking when they handed this card in. A very raw TE prospect that was picked easily a round early. Again im not sure if the Giants even explore trades

4. Brandon Mosley- Solid value played well against some of the SEC's better lineman. Looks like a back up type

6.Matt Mccants- I had limited tape on Mccants but there was some things I liked. It was obvious he was completely raw and was a project. I wonder how is work ethic was because the Giants gave up on him very quickly.

7.Markus Kuhn- Kuhn was a player I had noticed because I was watching JR Sweezy. I really didnt expect him to be drafted but when I went through his game I liked what I saw. Kuhn isnt a starter but could provide some quality depth for his rookie contract