+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 26
  1. #1

    What EXACTLY is PF's game plan on 3rd and excessive ?

    Because we must have some sort of record for consistantly giving up MASSIVE 3rd down yardage for the past few seasons.

    And last was no difference, I was actually laughing at their huge 3rd down gains, and was there anyone out there apart from PF that DIDN'T
    think it was going to happen ?

    PF what exactly is your plan ? its like groundhog day, rush 3 or 4, QB sits, has a coffee, surveys the field and then effortlessly completes to a wide open receiver...

    again and again and again....

  2. #2
    Please explain what your plan would be for such situations.

  3. #3
    Not sure the plan was the issue. Our corners need to cover...It really just boils down to that.

  4. #4
    Veteran KillaRich's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    ELizabeth, NJ
    Posts
    1,589
    Rush 3, give huge gaps......His bend philosophy is hey we can super bend this one give them 15 yards when they need 20...but not account for the possibility of them getting yac.... or i hate when they are in our territory just out of FG range and he still plays prevent...pretty much giving them at least 3 points points on the drive

  5. #5
    You obviously didnt see what they and other teams do to us then....overload, come after him so he is pressured into throwing early, dumping to a rb who would not make such long yardage with the ball or putting the qb on his backside for a loss...

    The fact that he has all day to wait for an open reciever and then completes beyond the 1st down marker shows that lack aggression in going after him....

    so...what would you do ?

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by ukgiantstyke View Post
    You obviously didnt see what they and other teams do to us then....overload, come after him so he is pressured into throwing early, dumping to a rb who would not make such long yardage with the ball or putting the qb on his backside for a loss...

    The fact that he has all day to wait for an open reciever and then completes beyond the 1st down marker shows that lack aggression in going after him....

    so...what would you do ?
    You're the one that started a thread that is critical of what he is doing, yet you have no ideas for what he should be doing.

  7. #7
    i assume you read my reply ? or did you just post with your eyes shut ?

    so i guess your happy with the defenses performance, well good on you, I however am not...

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by ukgiantstyke View Post
    so...what would you do ?
    Pressure, man underneath, 2 deep safeties

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by ukgiantstyke View Post
    i assume you read my reply ? or did you just post with your eyes shut ?

    so i guess your happy with the defenses performance, well good on you, I however am not...
    Yeah, I posted with my eyes shut. You really got me there . . . I'll think twice before I mess with you again!

    Suggesting that a defense can be fixed simply by blitzing more is a sure sign of a fan who really knows nothing about football. Who exactly is going to be covering the other team's WR's, TE's and RB's when all of these guys are blitzing?? Webster? Chase? lol

  10. #10
    Veteran KillaRich's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    ELizabeth, NJ
    Posts
    1,589
    Quote Originally Posted by GMENAGAIN View Post
    Yeah, I posted with my eyes shut. You really got me there . . . I'll think twice before I mess with you again!

    Suggesting that a defense can be fixed simply by blitzing more is a sure sign of a fan who really knows nothing about football. Who exactly is going to be covering the other team's WR's, TE's and RB's when all of these guys are blitzing?? Webster? Chase? lol
    we stop t

    I see what you're saying but denying PF scheme is not the problem is just being in denial.....we had the same problems last year until that late season run.... it took him until we were 7-7 but he actually adjusted the style of defense.... we brought just a LITTLE more pressure and it worked...sadly Fewell isn stubborn and wants his way to work no matter how bad we are getting torched..... the 3rd and longs are horrible game planning.... only rush 3 and put everybody alll the way back...i mean it seems like he wants to catch the ball borderline first down and hope we stop them a yard short...... he does this even with other teams on 3rd and long at the giants 40.... pretty much saying here dont get a first down but take a free fg...its nonsense .........

    And his stubborn attitude by relying on the front four is flawed.... they are not as elite anymore.....not only is it not working you are burning them out.....thats why spags had the giants defense great....always knew when and where to bring the pressure

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts