+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Veteran

How can a team be so bad?

How can a team after tasting victory last year look so dead this year? i know its tough to repeat in the NFL and its tough to win consistently every year. But WOW! this team looks like it doesn't care at all, they look flat and lost, the coaches didn't even attempt to switch out Webster or make an adjustment at half time. I love my Giants and will be here no matter what but this team is just hearless, i wouldn't really care if they lost yesterday (prefer a win of course) had they fought hard and put all the effort in or hustled. But they just rolled into ATL and didn't get off the plane, rolled into Baltimore and didn't show up either.

Im just baffled at how bad the Giants look, i don't care if you say this team is "old" "untalented" "worn out", this team won a superbowl last year. I wasn't expecting another this year (would of been nice) but i was expecting a better season then this.

Oh well, at least they are consistent in drafting really good players and i look forward to the draft so they can draft players to plug into the defense next year.

But like Yogi says,"it's not over until it's over" we still have a chance:

New York Giants (8-7): The offense stalling in their last two games leaves New York hanging by a thread for a wild card spot. The Giants need a win, and losses from Dallas, Chicago, and Minnesota to make it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zMRrNY0pxfM

Watch the Kansas City Chiefs... that's how a team can be so bad.

This team is the same team that beat the 49ers and the Packers. They have talent. We just lack inconsistency... I truly believe this is on the coaches.

There was clearly something wrong with this team in week 1. Things just kind of snowballed from there.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Moke View Post

This team is the same team that beat the 49ers and the Packers. They have talent. We just lack inconsistency... I truly believe this is on the coaches.
    That's what i meant, they are good and this is why im so confused as to how this team can play so poorly. They have the talent to win but lack not only consistency, they lack fire as well. The way they play makes me mad sometimes, they play like they just don't want to be there.

Quote Originally Posted by flashnando View Post
    That's what i meant, they are good and this is why im so confused as to how this team can play so poorly. They have the talent to win but lack not only consistency, they lack fire as well. The way they play makes me mad sometimes, they play like they just don't want to be there.
    That's why I believe in inspirational coaches, which is probably found mostly in young coaches.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Flip Empty View Post
    There was clearly something wrong with this team in week 1. Things just kind of snowballed from there.
    I don't know about week 1, i never take week 1 seriously because that's the first game of the season and anything can happen. Players get tired after the first 2 quarters due to the fact its there first full game and other factors. After week 1 is where i expect to see adjustments and a better and more consistent plan going forward. But yes this team is talented but needs a better Defensive Coach in my opinion or a fearless leader like Strahan to get in players faces.

I agree.. hahah the chiefs are sooo bad. Romeo Crennel is a pos

inspirational like Rex Ryan

That's why I believe in inspirational coaches, which is probably found mostly in young coaches.
    You mean like Mike Tomlin this year? (AGED 40)

Or do you mean like Bill Belichick (aged 60, 6 years younger than TC)?

One of these 2 HCs took his team to 2 Super Bowls, winning 1, while in his 30s.

The other HC took his team to 5 Super Bowls, winning 3, while mostly in his 50s (his first when he was 49).

Coughlin took his team to 2 Super Bowls, winning both) while in his 60s.

Age of the head coach has nothing to do with his success in today's NFL.

BTW, how do you know how "inspirational" Coughlin is, or is not, to his team? Or how he compares in that regard to other HCs in the NFL today? Do you hang out in their teams' locker rooms? Do you sit in on their pre game sessions? Have you not seen the video clips of Coughlin addressing his team the night befor Super Bowl XLII and XLVI?
    Last edited by gmen46; 12-24-2012 at 03:58 PM.

Veteran
    This is a talented team, just lazy, unmotivated, and need a real head coach.