+ Reply to Thread
    Veteran

Anyone feel the same way?

Part of me actually want the Giants the miss the playoffs because if we made it to the playoffs we probably wouldn't beat anyone anyways. Missing the playoff would mean this team would be forced to make changes whether it be coaches, players, etc. If we made the playoffs then nothing major will take place next year since this season would be considered a 'success', also we would get higher draft picks which this team needs really bad. A part of me also wants to make the playoffs but it seems there are more benefits in not making the playoffs.

I don't know what changes you think you will get, but I'd be shocked if TC and KG weren't both here next year. Fewell may be in trouble. And other then a few free agents, most of the key players will be back next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Cloud57 View Post
    Part of me actually want the Giants the miss the playoffs because if we made it to the playoffs we probably wouldn't beat anyone anyways. Missing the playoff would mean this team would be forced to make changes whether it be coaches, players, etc. If we made the playoffs then nothing major will take place next year since this season would be considered a 'success', also we would get higher draft picks which this team needs really bad. A part of me also wants to make the playoffs but it seems there are more benefits in not making the playoffs.
    Absolutely not, I want them to make the playoffs because this team is so Jekyll and Hyde, there's always that possibility that Mr. Hyde comes out and we all know what happens then...

People are going to be shocked at how few changes will actually be made.

The salary cap plus a new batch of capped rookies will almost certaintly force some key players and dead weights as well to be gone.

I see what you mean, but i'd rather get in if only to play spoiler to either the skins or cowboys. Win that game and actually play like an NFL team in the next round i would be ok with the loss.

I want them in, but chances are very slim. We still imo beat any team in the NFC if we play well.