+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Memo to some Giants fans.... think for yourself, stop letting this media drivel form your opinions

Some fans read these articles or a tweet taken out of context... or a quote from a player answering a question baited by a reporter and then some fans cut all ties with that player and condemn them. Happens every single season to some of our best more beloved players.

Understand that first and foremost this is a business league. Financials come first on both sides.

Don't let a writer (whose job in a survival of the fittest profession to stand out from the rest) sway your thoughts... they're brain washing you. It could be the slightest little thing... just a subtle sentence.

I swear if these "experts" and "analysts" and sports writers didn't exist it would be all for the better.

The media can paint Eli Manning as a bad guy if they wanted to.. a greedy, selfish, money hog no different than the rest.
    ALL IN!!!!!!!!

I'm ALL IN are you?

"Once a Giant, ALWAYS, a Giant."

#80 - Get well soon Vic

I'm not letting you sway my opinions. I'm going to think how I want and if I agree with the media then all be it. And you can't tell me otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by giants8493 View Post
    I'm not letting you sway my opinions. I'm going to think how I want and if I agree with the media then all be it. And you can't tell me otherwise.
    I never said if you agree with the media you're in the wrong. Never said that at all.
    ALL IN!!!!!!!!

I'm ALL IN are you?

#80 - Get well soon Vic

Quote Originally Posted by NYG4lifeNYK View Post
    I never said if you agree with the media you're in the wrong. Never said that at all.
    And I never said that I agree with the media then I'm in the right so where are we even at now?
    Your saying not to listen to them at all

And I never said that I agree with the media then I'm in the right so where are we even at now?
    Your saying not to listen to them at all
    No I'm saying to form your own opinions and don't let something they say sway you, which is a major part of their job. Some writers and sports journalists are notorious for creating rumors you know from their "sources".... and some fans hold them in a higher regard than if they were to hear it from a guy off the street simply because of their job title which is silly.

Instead of taking it with a grain of salt or giving the player the benefit of the doubt, it becomes fact instead of hearsay.

If this doesn't apply to you then don't take it a certain way lol

It's just some fans are highly irrational on player matters. I'm not calling anybody out, I'm just making a broad statement that hopefully some heed.

We're all guilty of letting the media sway us at certain times.
    Last edited by NYG4lifeNYK; Yesterday at 08:40 PM.
    ALL IN!!!!!!!!

I'm ALL IN are you?

#80 - Get well soon Vic

No I'm saying to form your own opinions and don't let something they say sway you, which is a major part of their job. Some writers and sports journalists are notorious for creating rumors you know from their "sources".... and some fans hold them in a higher regard than if they were to hear it from a guy off the street simply because of their job title which is silly.

Instead of taking it with a grain of salt or giving the player the benefit of the doubt, it becomes fact instead of hearsay.

If this doesn't apply to you then don't take it a certain way lol
    All I meant is I'm going to listen to the media or not and how I interpret their information is not going to be influenced by you.

I form my on opinions. Unless it's Eli Manning telling me something himself. I'll listen to anything that quarter back has to say.

All I meant is I'm going to listen to the media or not and how I interpret their information is not going to be influenced by you.

I form my on opinions. Unless it's Eli Manning telling me something himself. I'll listen to anything that quarter back has to say.
    And more power to you.

But that won't stop me from debating with you your stance if it's ridiculous like the source.

I'm glad you brought up the last part, Eli has earned that respect but for me, I treat mainly all of our players like that. Like that whole Steve Smith tirade... that was ridiculous. Some fans made him out to be the anti-Christ.
    ALL IN!!!!!!!!

I'm ALL IN are you?

#80 - Get well soon Vic

And more power to you.

But that won't stop me from debating with you your stance if it's ridiculous like the source.

I'm glad you brought up the last part, Eli has earned that respect but for me, I treat mainly all of our players like that. Like that whole Steve Smith tirade... that was ridiculous. Some fans made him out to be the anti-Christ.
    I don't remember bringing any sources up. The only time I said something from a source, I forgot to put a link and got banned. I lost like 5000 posts. Not that I care about that. I just had that account for a while so I was upset.
    So I definitely would know if I brought up a source because that's a kind of sensitive issue for me.

And may I add

Don't let other posters force you to believe what they want you to believe. Just because they think something is right or wrong doesn't mean you necessarily should agree with them. Nobody's opinion shouldn't be held from a higher standard unless it is from the players themselves.

I don't remember bringing any sources up. The only time I said something from a source, I forgot to put a link and got banned. I lost like 5000 posts. Not that I care about that. I just had that account for a while so I was upset.
    So I definitely would know if I brought up a source because that's a kind of sensitive issue for me.
    I wasn't referring to you buddy lol

Just Giants fans as a whole.
    ALL IN!!!!!!!!

I'm ALL IN are you?

#80 - Get well soon Vic