+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hey JT, Should Bling Have Really Been Your Thing ?

Giants linebacker J.T. Thomas believes in the “Treat Yo Self” mentality … because after he inked his new $12 MILLION contract … he picked up $55k in brand new bling … TMZ Sports has learned.

Thomas hit up Avianne and Co. in NYC — and scored himself an 18 karat gold Cuban link chain for $35k.
    And because he didn’t want that chain to get lonely, he got a 2nd piece … a 25 karat ruby, surrounded by diamonds … which ran him another $20k. (TMZSports.co

You need a good PR man JT. If you would have given a couple of grand for kids uniforms, or maybe buy some equipment for a high school in need, or even the Wounded Warrior Project first. Your popularity in the community would soar. There would be plaques in your honor, and it might not even cost 6 or 7 grand. Anyway good luck with the Bling.

It's his money he can do what he wants with it. Most of us would do the same. Everyone likes jewelery or glasses or clothes.

A good pr man? People simply need to mind their business and get a life rather than worry about what other people specifically athletes do with their time off the field.
    ALL IN!!!!!!!!

I'm ALL IN are you?

"Once a Giant, ALWAYS, a Giant."

#80 - Get well soon Vic

...This fan base is clueless...

So, now we're going to start blasting players for spending their money on themselves instead of donating it to charity? Seriously?
    One of these teams is not like the others

Quote Originally Posted by BlueBlitzer View Post
    Giants linebacker J.T. Thomas believes in the “Treat Yo Self” mentality … because after he inked his new $12 MILLION contract … he picked up $55k in brand new bling … TMZ Sports has learned.

Thomas hit up Avianne and Co. in NYC — and scored himself an 18 karat gold Cuban link chain for $35k.
    And because he didn’t want that chain to get lonely, he got a 2nd piece … a 25 karat ruby, surrounded by diamonds … which ran him another $20k. (TMZSports.co

You need a good PR man JT. If you would have given a couple of grand for kids uniforms, or maybe buy some equipment for a high school in need, or even the Wounded Warrior Project first. Your popularity in the community would soar. There would be plaques in your honor, and it might not even cost 6 or 7 grand. Anyway good luck with the Bling.

More relevant would be to discuss how he'll likely regret those purchases ten years from now when he's broke.

Quote Originally Posted by NYG4lifeNYK View Post
    It's his money he can do what he wants with it. Most of us would do the same. Everyone likes jewelery or glasses or clothes.

A good pr man? People simply need to mind their business and get a life rather than worry about what other people specifically athletes do with their time off the field.
    No not everybody would. The only thing I did was to point out the rewards he could gain, with minimal cost. That is not Blasting. You are confusing good advice ( Thinking for the person's good welfare ) for butting in. I did wish him well with his purchase. PEOPLE NEED TO MIND THEIR BUSINESS AND GET A LIFE .......( THATS BLASTING )

In my experience, kids uniforms don't have nearly the same amount of resale value as ice. Sound investment imho. AAA grade IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by kingcap88 View Post
    So, now we're going to start blasting players for spending their money on themselves instead of donating it to charity? Seriously?
    ROFLMAO !!!!!!
    1927, 1934, 1938, 1956, 1986, 1990, 2007, 2011

Get Better #80, Hermano !!

how do you know he didnt donate to a charity in the first place?
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    Even though 2013 & 2014 was a losing season's, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas
    4-New York Giants!!! & NE
    Let's make it 5 in 2015 so we can be on a LINE all by ourselves again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Because The Media Would Have Covered It

Quote Originally Posted by miked1958 View Post
    how do you know he didnt donate to a charity in the first place?
    Because someone who spends 55,000 on Gold, Ruby, and Diamonds, so everyone can see him wearing it, isn't the type to give to charity Anonymously. Like I said I wished him well with the purchase. I just gave some good advise on image building in the community." IF The You Got It Why Not Spend It Crowd " doesn't like it ? Tough.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueBlitzer View Post
    Because someone who spends 55,000 on Gold, Ruby, and Diamonds, so everyone can see him wearing it, isn't the type to give to charity Anonymously. Like I said I wished him well with the purchase. I just gave some good advise on image building in the community." IF The You Got It Why Not Spend It Crowd " doesn't like it ? Tough.
    Just because he spent his money on himself doesn't mean he doesn't give to charity. He did it when he was with the Jags.

Selfless Giving — Jaguars player, J.T. Thomas, gives back in more ways than one
    BLYTHE BRUMLEVE on December 20, 2014 at 8:00 am
    The Jaguars, as an organization, have dozens of charities and partners they work with throughout the year to help make the Jacksonville community a better place to live and learn. But no matter how much is raised, charitable contributions become an enormous task not even an NFL team can tackle.

Which is part of the reason why the Jaguars organization has stepped outside of the box by partnering with local charities via their Give and Go program, as well as encouraging past players that live within the area to continue to be ambassadors to the team and community.

One player they don’t have to worry about making a positive influence on the community is linebacker J.T. Thomas.

Thomas was drafted by the Chicago Bears out of West Virginia in 2011, before signing with the Jaguars at the start of the 2013 season. Since he’s been with the team, he’s made a name for himself on the field by replacing the injured fan-favorite Paul Posluszny seamlessly. But his off-the-field contributions have had just as big of an impact.

Thomas currently serves on the board for the HEAL Foundation in Jacksonville. HEAL, which stands for HEALing Every Autistic Life, aims to help not only the kids who suffer from autism, but also the families through special events and experiences to bring about more awareness to the disorder.

When asked about his motivation for getting involved with the charity, Thomas said, “My little brother Jared has autism, and that hits close to home for me. To know how families are affected by autism really drove me to become a part of something bigger than myself as far as bringing awareness to the community.”

http://voidlive.com/archives/84870
    Last edited by kingcap88; Yesterday at 01:14 PM.
    One of these teams is not like the others