+ Reply to Thread

Thread: THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

Quote Originally Posted by JPizzack View Post
    I don't know if that's a given. they could have something else in mind unless the new OC is REALLY good...which, idk how i'd grade that other than the team's offensive performance, lol.

Let's be honest.....come next year, we'll see the same names flying around as usual (ex. Cowher), and there is always someone that fans always want lol.
    Why would an OC come here to coach for one year? That's stupid.

MUCH better.

Quote Originally Posted by gmen0820 View Post
    The guys that we've interviewed so far, Loggains and Sullivan, don't have the credentials to be HC in a year. They're both OCs with a combined 3.5 years experience of coordinating substandard offenses. I doubt the Giants are interested in either with the hopes that they take over for Coughlin in 2015.

If anything, it signals that the Giants are committed to Coughlin for the foreseeable future. That could be years. Of course, it's entirely possible that the Giants do so poorly next year that Coughlin "retires." But in the event that such occurs, I doubt that anyone of our coaches will be dealt anything more than a pink slip, let alone a promotion.
    this....

I think Dezz is under the impression that we wont just clean house. Although I could see WHY that would be fairly normal, I dont think it'd be the case with Coughling "retiring"....or just retiring lol.

for the record: I'm endorsing Loggains as a solid choice for OC
    Oderint Dum Metuant

The guys that we've interviewed so far, Loggains and Sullivan, don't have the credentials to be HC in a year. They're both OCs with a combined 3.5 years experience of coordinating substandard offenses. I doubt the Giants are interested in either with the hopes that they take over for Coughlin in 2015.

If anything, it signals that the Giants are committed to Coughlin for the foreseeable future. That could be years. Of course, it's entirely possible that the Giants do so poorly next year that Coughlin "retires." But in the event that such occurs, I doubt that anyone of our coaches will be dealt anything more than a pink slip, let alone a promotion.
    I just can't see Coughlin here for another 2 years.

MUCH better.

Quote Originally Posted by dezzzR View Post
    If TC is most likely gone next year anyway, why give him another year with new coordinators???????
    Because our offense sucked under KG the last 2 years, and they want a new OC/HC?

MUCH better.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    Why would an OC come here to coach for one year? That's stupid.
    they wouldnt....under MOST circumstances. However, gmen0820 could be right about how we might have TC around for a few more years.
    Oderint Dum Metuant

I could. I mean, if he retired tmrw, I wouldnt be mad or shocked or anything...but i could see him being here.
    Oderint Dum Metuant

If the Giants miss the playoffs again next year, TC should go, and a new coach isn't going to want to keep the coordinators. Nor should he.
    Which is exactly why I think TC will stay if hes getting two new coordinators. I dont see Mara cleaning house if we go 8-8 or 9-7 and miss the playoffs with two coordinators in their first season.
    I agree that he should go if we miss the playoffs again, Im not disputing that.

Its going to happen sista.

Quote Originally Posted by dezzzR View Post
    Its going to happen sista.
    "Sista"?

MUCH better.

"Sista"?
    sisterrrrrr?

+ Reply to Thread