+ Reply to Thread

Thread: THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

Re: THEE SWAG THREAD

[quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Morehead State"]

[quote user="JPizzack"]I'm not sure why you would assume that I meant the same year he got injured. Anyone who can look at a page of stats for 5 seconds can see the 6 games he played were clearly NOT good. So there's nothing to backtrack from....just you not comprehending what I typed, or misunderstanding. So this argument would be completely pointless if you just accept that. You're trying to make points about things I/we already know instead of just admitting you misread what i said. Think what you want, but by you thinking that I thought his 6 games was "an amazing season", and then stating that it is what I meant, you are basically saying I'm a ****ing idiot. If I know you at all, then you should already know that this is not true, and accept that you understood what I had written as something completely different than what I meant.[/quote]</p>

I was wondering why you said such a stupid thing Pizz. As I said in my previous post, you clearly had problems reading my post properly and as a consequence, responded inappropriately.</p>

Now putting that aside, lets review the facts about Bradshaw and Williams.</p>

Please let me know where I am incorrect.</p>

1. Bradshaw has missed only 1 game in the past 2 years</p>

2. DWill has missed 13</p>

3. Bradshaw had 1235 yards rushing in 2010.</p>

4. DWill had 361 yards in 2010, then got hurt and missed 10 games.</p>

5. RB's who have shown evidence of breaking down have fallen in disfavor in the NFL in recent years.</p>

6. I would submit that missing 3 games in 2009, and 10 games in 2010, is showing signs of breaking down to a reasonable person.</p>

7. Morehead thinks Pizz is as cute as he can be.</p>

</p>

</p>

[/quote]

he also had alot of ankle nad knee surgery and was pretty much on limited carries for half of 2009.

Dwilll did have his season ending injury last year that isn't going to effect his cash.

Do you not think DWill will at least get as much as bradshaw but probably more
    [/quote]</p>

Matt, I would tend to believe that Bradshaw would command a bit more than Dwill, given the reasons I've already stated. If he signs back with us, he might take a tad less (home town discount) than he would otherwise on the open market.</p>

RB's that have shown some signs of breaking down (and I'm not saying that Dwill is breaking down, but there are red flags over the past two years that GM's will certainly consider) tend not to do well in free agency.</p>[/quote]

this sounds like a bet
    Fear the name, appreciate the game

[quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="ny06"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="ny06"]

I bet when the cba get's done the Giants will make Bradshaw there first player they resign. </p>

Of course the Dolphins are interested in Bradshaw, I bet numerous teams are as well. </p>

[/quote]</p>

If I were a betting man. (and we all know I'm not) I would say that we will lose Bradshaw and Cofield and resign Kiwi and Steve Smith.</p>

I do see a slight possibility that we sign Deangelo Williams.</p>

Just a guess based on my evil genius.</p>

[/quote]

Dwill will get a comparable if not bigger contract than Bradshaw so i say your dead wrong
    [/quote]</p>

With a projected cap of $120MM and a current salary total of $123.4MM. All with no draft picks or UFA's signed, it will be tough to keep Bradshaw. Near impossible.</p>

And of course, thats without signing any free agents. There are going to be a lot of "former Giants" out there unless a lot of guys take some huge pay cuts.<font color="#0000ff"> I could also see us cutting O'Hara</font> and trying to deal Osi. Its seems to me that we are in salary cap hell right now.</p>

And I said a "slight" possibility because his recent injury history might keep him from getting a huge contract.</p>

</p>

[/quote]</p>

O'hara and his$3.45 million left on his contract can take a walk..</p>

[/quote]no love for ohara???
    [/quote]</p>

I think Ohara is a good football player. But the reality of the Giants cap situation may force JR to make some very tough decisions. We'd like to keep everybody and sign a few outside free agents, but that just aint happening.</p>

Thats why I figure we have the best chance to resign both Kiwi and Smith since they are coming off injuries and would probably not do especially well in free agency.</p>

As for Cofield and Bradshaw, they are likely to do very well in free agency and we may not be able to compete in a bidding war. I would say given our drafts over the past 2 years, Cofield will most likely be gone.</p>[/quote]

OHara may restructure

[quote user="Morehead State"]Matt, I would tend to believe that Bradshaw would command a bit more than Dwill, given the reasons I've already stated. If he signs back with us, he might take a tad less (home town discount) than he would otherwise on the open market.

RB's that have shown some signs of breaking down<FONT color=#0000ff> (and I'm not saying that Dwill is breaking down, but there are red flags over the past two years that GM's will certainly consider</FONT>) tend not to do well in free agency.</P>

[/quote]</P>

Right, except Bradshaw is an injury risk too. He played a full season last year, which is why he was able to produce the way he did obviously.
    Deangelo had a season ending injury last season as we've discussed. But prior to that he had 2 great seasons, and thats while splitting carries.
    So, basically you say he's an injury risk, therefore might not get alot of money. But I'm saying the same exact thing could be said about Bradshaw. That was my point!!!! Just like Matt had stated.
    And with Bradshaws issues putting the ball on the ground, I just think Deangelo has a better shot at more $
    Side note...the year Williams had 1500 yards, he didn't fumble once. impressive.</P>
    Oderint Dum Metuant

[quote user="dezzzR"]so what was worked out in this lockout? hows the game going to change? is it for the worst?
    [/quote]</P>

I think the biggest change is the minimum of 90% of the cap total that each team is required to spend on players.</P>

That is actually a huge deal for the players. Teams can't sit back and simply build through the draft. they will actually be foced to sign free agents essentially.</P>

Teams like Indy and Pittsburghmay have to change, what has been very successful methods.</P>
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

[quote user="Morehead State"]

[quote user="dezzzR"]i have a stupid question. a team can renew a players contracts at any time, right? like the giants can give osi a new contract any time the feel its necessary or they can only give him a new contract during free agency?
    [/quote]</p>

Osi isn't a free agent. We can give him a new deal/extension (after the lockout is lifted) at any time. As for our own free agents (bradshaw/Cofield etc...) we will be able to negotiate with them exclusively (by exclusively I mean that no other teams can contact them) for probably three days starting on Monday. On Thursday (according to reports) open free agency will begin.</p>[/quote]i know he isnt. thanks brrro

[quote user="JPizzack"][quote user="Morehead State"]Matt, I would tend to believe that Bradshaw would command a bit more than Dwill, given the reasons I've already stated. If he signs back with us, he might take a tad less (home town discount) than he would otherwise on the open market.

RB's that have shown some signs of breaking down<FONT color=#0000ff> (and I'm not saying that Dwill is breaking down, but there are red flags over the past two years that GM's will certainly consider</FONT>) tend not to do well in free agency.</P>

[/quote]</P>

Right, except Bradshaw is an injury risk too. He played a full season last year, which is why he was able to produce the way he did obviously.
    Deangelo had a season ending injury last season as we've discussed. But prior to that he had 2 great seasons, and thats while splitting carries.
    So, basically you say he's an injury risk, therefore might not get alot of money. But I'm saying the same exact thing could be said about Bradshaw. That was my point!!!! Just like Matt had stated.
    And with Bradshaws issues putting the ball on the ground, I just think Deangelo has a better shot at more $
    Side note...the year Williams had 1500 yards, he didn't fumble once. impressive.</P>

[/quote]</P>

In my view, Dwill has some good years left. But his recent history might suggest otherwise.</P>

All NFL players are an injury risk. The point is that Bradshaw (who was also splitting carries) had a good season last year and played through injury in 2009.</P>

Williams has missed 13 games in the past two seasons. Bradshaw has missed 1. Thats going to hurt his chances of getting a huge deal.</P>
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

cool article on Bill Simmons' "Grantland" website about Free Agents that GMs will avoid</P>

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/...ents-meet-hell</P>
    Oderint Dum Metuant

[quote user="Morehead State"]

[quote user="dezzzR"]so what was worked out in this lockout? hows the game going to change? is it for the worst?
    [/quote]</p>

I think the biggest change is the minimum of 90% of the cap total that each team is required to spend on players.</p>

That is actually a huge deal for the players. Teams can't sit back and simply build through the draft. they will actually be foced to sign free agents essentially.</p>

Teams like Indy and Pittsburghmay have to change, what has been very successful methods.</p>[/quote]

no really because they draft so well that they end up paying their picks and they both sitll have pretty high salaries

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="ny06"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="ny06"]

I bet when the cba get's done the Giants will make Bradshaw there first player they resign. </p>

Of course the Dolphins are interested in Bradshaw, I bet numerous teams are as well. </p>

[/quote]</p>

If I were a betting man. (and we all know I'm not) I would say that we will lose Bradshaw and Cofield and resign Kiwi and Steve Smith.</p>

I do see a slight possibility that we sign Deangelo Williams.</p>

Just a guess based on my evil genius.</p>

[/quote]

Dwill will get a comparable if not bigger contract than Bradshaw so i say your dead wrong
    [/quote]</p>

With a projected cap of $120MM and a current salary total of $123.4MM. All with no draft picks or UFA's signed, it will be tough to keep Bradshaw. Near impossible.</p>

And of course, thats without signing any free agents. There are going to be a lot of "former Giants" out there unless a lot of guys take some huge pay cuts.<font color="#0000ff"> I could also see us cutting O'Hara</font> and trying to deal Osi. Its seems to me that we are in salary cap hell right now.</p>

And I said a "slight" possibility because his recent injury history might keep him from getting a huge contract.</p>

</p>

[/quote]</p>

O'hara and his$3.45 million left on his contract can take a walk..</p>

[/quote]no love for ohara???
    [/quote]</p>

I think Ohara is a good football player. But the reality of the Giants cap situation may force JR to make some very tough decisions. We'd like to keep everybody and sign a few outside free agents, but that just aint happening.</p>

Thats why I figure we have the best chance to resign both Kiwi and Smith since they are coming off injuries and would probably not do especially well in free agency.</p>

As for Cofield and Bradshaw, they are likely to do very well in free agency and we may not be able to compete in a bidding war. I would say given our drafts over the past 2 years, Cofield will most likely be gone.</p>[/quote]

OHara may restructure
    [/quote]Did he return and finish the season last year from his foot? I can't recall if he permanently returned?

+ Reply to Thread