+ Reply to Thread

Thread: THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

Re: THEE SWAG THREAD

Zach Berman said that Kevin Boss's agent had agreed to terms with the GIants as he was on a plane back to NY - thats when they got the Oakland offer and went there
    Fear the name, appreciate the game

Tom Rock: Gilbride's had enuff of BEcku. "Just stay out," he tells the TE

lol

[quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="bigblue4417"]

He had only 19.4 percent of his potential interceptions turn into
    actual interceptions. That total was tied for the lowest interception
    luck factor rate in the league and indicates he was a huge beneficiary
    of fortunate bounces.</p>

Lowest interception luck factor last season

Player Team Int Int + Nrint Interception luck factor

Michael Vick Philadelphia Eagles 6 31 19.4%

Josh Freeman Tampa Bay Buccaneers 6 31 19.4%

Ben Roethlisberger Pittsburgh Steelers 5 22 22.7%

Tom Brady New England Patriots 4 16 25.0%

Kyle Orton Denver Broncos 9 35 25.7%</p>

The interception column shows how often each quarterback was picked
    off last year. The int + nrint column shows the total number of
    interceptions and near interceptions (passes that could have been picked
    off but were dropped, tipped away, etc.). The interception luck factor
    column shows the percentage of potential interception chances that
    actually turned into interceptions.</p>

Eli Manning wasn’t anywhere near as bad as his 2010 numbers suggest</p>

Manning had<font color="#0000FF"> <font color="#000000">52.1</font></font> percent of his potential interceptions turn into
    interceptions, a total that was the fourth-highest in the league and was
    a prime reason Manning threw a league-high 25 interceptions. If
    Manning’s luck gets better (and it really couldn’t get much worse than
    last year) and Vick’s luck gets worse (and it couldn’t have been much
    better), it could mean as much as a 10-15 interception swing between
    these two in 2011.</p>[/quote]

Nice statistics Landon, where'd you get them, I mean we all knew this was the case..we saw it, but to have stats to back it up is nice.

[/quote]
    It is from the ESPN Insider article about the Giants from yesterday. I posted the entire thing. It has to be less than 10 pages back...

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Morehead State"]

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="bigblue4417"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"]I can't even believe Eli said he blocked good
    [/quote]
    I can't believe he said he belonged with Tom Brady and the other elite QB's.
    [/quote]

WTF was he suppose to say? NO?!

Either way he is in that class regardless. Eli is a top 7 QB in the league, probably #7 but hes def up there.
    [/quote]</P>

Maybe #10. At best.</P>

[/quote]

stop it

Rodgers - Breez - Brady - Peyton - Vick def

Eli - Rivers - Ben

nobody else even in the conversation

i'll give u 8 at worst
    [/quote]</P>

Peyton, Brady, Rodgers, Brees, Rivers, Vick, Ben, Ryan are all better QB's right now than Eli.</P>

Right now I think Freeman is about to pass Eli like he's standing still.</P>

Stop being so "Matt-like".</P>

[/quote]

GTFO of here with that MAtt Ryan ****. He may be one of the most over hyped QBs of all time. Quite frankly im sick of hearing baout him

Freeman has ONE good year vs 4k and 30tds

ur on crack
    [/quote]</P>

Take the three QB's you say Eli is better than (Ben, Ryan and Freeman) add up all their picks last year and they add up to 5 less than Eli threw by himself.</P>

9 + 6 + 5= 20</P>

Eli = 25</P>

Lets not revisit that again Matt. Even Eli suggested it was unacceptable.</P>

[/quote]

your strengeth of schedule was a brutal point...

ELi had 25 and how many were off of WRs hands and how many were due to wrong routes being run by young receivers

understand the offense and what its asking our QBs and WRs to do...

Then couple in the loss of WRs and having guys in the street come out and play

but besides all of that, if u think qouting Eli taking the blame some how reaffirms your point then not only do u apparently know less about our offense than i thought but Eli in general
    [/quote]</P>

What I think is that 25 picks sucks. Every QB has guys deflect balls that get picked. Ryan threw 9 picks. Freeman threw 6. Its not like its close. Even if I give you the point (which I don't) that 7 or 8 balls deflected and were not on Eli, thats still 3 times as many picks as Freeman and twice as many as Ryan.</P>

Turnovers kill a teams chances of winning. Protecting the ball is one of the most important thing a QB <U>must do</U>.</P>

<FONT size=4>Eli failed.</FONT></P>

Lets hope he refocuses his efforts this season and places a higher priority on ball protection. He was reckless with it last year.</P>

[/quote]

i agree turnovers kill

nobody has nearly as many or blatant tips as eli last year. Not many teams run these stupid option read offense to the degrees we do

You failed
    [/quote]</P>

Did Mark Brunnell ever throw 25 picks in Gilbride's system? How about Warren Moon?</P>

</P>

[/quote]

oh, how lovely that u would even bring that up

90 - Moon 13 INTs
    91 - Moon 21 INTs
    92 - Moon 12 INTs
    93 - Moon 21 INTs
    95 - Brunell/Beaurline 14 INTs
    96- Brunell 20 INTs

[/quote]</P>

So the answer would be <FONT size=6>NO</FONT>.</P>

Don't forget to tip your waitresses before you leave.</P>
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"]Zach Berman said that Kevin Boss's agent had agreed to terms with the GIants as he was on a plane back to NY - thats when they got the Oakland offer and went there
    [/quote]
    HOLY ****?! What ever happened to being a man of your word...

If this is true of course

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"]Tom Rock: Gilbride's had enuff of BEcku. "Just stay out," he tells the TE

lol
    [/quote]
    I don't know how it's possible to have any faith in him. We have seen nothing.

[quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Morehead State"]

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="bigblue4417"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"]I can't even believe Eli said he blocked good
    [/quote]
    [/quote]

Either way he is in that class regardless. Eli is a top 7 QB in the league, probably #7 but hes def up there.
    [/quote]</p>

Maybe #10. At best.</p>

[/quote]

stop it

Eli - Rivers - Ben

i'll give u 8 at worst
    [/quote]</p>

Peyton, Brady, Rodgers, Brees, Rivers, Vick, Ben, Ryan are all better QB's right now than Eli.</p>

Right now I think Freeman is about to pass Eli like he's standing still.</p>

Stop being so "Matt-like".</p>

[/quote]

GTFO of here with that MAtt Ryan ****. He may be one of the most over hyped QBs of all time. Quite frankly im sick of hearing baout him

ur on crack
    [/quote]</p>

Take the three QB's you say Eli is better than (Ben, Ryan and Freeman) add up all their picks last year and they add up to 5 less than Eli threw by himself.</p>

9 + 6 + 5= 20</p>

Eli = 25</p>

Lets not revisit that again Matt. Even Eli suggested it was unacceptable.</p>

[/quote]

ELi had 25 and how many were off of WRs hands and how many were due to wrong routes being run by young receivers

but besides all of that, if u think qouting Eli taking the blame some how reaffirms your point then not only do u apparently know less about our offense than i thought but Eli in general
    [/quote]</p>

What I think is that 25 picks sucks. Every QB has guys deflect balls that get picked. Ryan threw 9 picks. Freeman threw 6. Its not like its close. Even if I give you the point (which I don't) that 7 or 8 balls deflected and were not on Eli, thats still 3 times as many picks as Freeman and twice as many as Ryan.</p>

Turnovers kill a teams chances of winning. Protecting the ball is one of the most important thing a QB <u>must do</u>.</p>

<font size="4">Eli failed.</font></p>

Lets hope he refocuses his efforts this season and places a higher priority on ball protection. He was reckless with it last year.</p>

[/quote]

i agree turnovers kill

nobody has nearly as many or blatant tips as eli last year. Not many teams run these stupid option read offense to the degrees we do

You failed
    [/quote]</p>

Did Mark Brunnell ever throw 25 picks in Gilbride's system? How about Warren Moon?</p>

</p>

[/quote]

90 - Moon 13 INTs
    91 - Moon 21 INTs
    92 - Moon 12 INTs
    93 - Moon 21 INTs
    96- Brunell 20 INTs

[/quote]</p>

So the answer would be <font size="6">NO</font>.</p>

Don't forget to tip your waitresses before you leave.</p>[/quote]

ohhh pappy - dont be bitter

we all know you've lost..

be a man and admit that Gilbrides offense ususally causes high interceptions because of the style it is naturally so we can all move on from this point

[quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Morehead State"]

[/quote]
    [/quote]

[/quote]</p>

Maybe #10. At best.</p>

[/quote]

stop it

Eli - Rivers - Ben

i'll give u 8 at worst
    [/quote]</p>

Peyton, Brady, Rodgers, Brees, Rivers, Vick, Ben, Ryan are all better QB's right now than Eli.</p>

Right now I think Freeman is about to pass Eli like he's standing still.</p>

Stop being so "Matt-like".</p>

[/quote]

ur on crack
    [/quote]</p>

Take the three QB's you say Eli is better than (Ben, Ryan and Freeman) add up all their picks last year and they add up to 5 less than Eli threw by himself.</p>

9 + 6 + 5= 20</p>

Eli = 25</p>

Lets not revisit that again Matt. Even Eli suggested it was unacceptable.</p>

[/quote]

[/quote]</p>

What I think is that 25 picks sucks. Every QB has guys deflect balls that get picked. Ryan threw 9 picks. Freeman threw 6. Its not like its close. Even if I give you the point (which I don't) that 7 or 8 balls deflected and were not on Eli, thats still 3 times as many picks as Freeman and twice as many as Ryan.</p>

Turnovers kill a teams chances of winning. Protecting the ball is one of the most important thing a QB <u>must do</u>.</p>

<font size="4">Eli failed.</font></p>

Lets hope he refocuses his efforts this season and places a higher priority on ball protection. He was reckless with it last year.</p>

[/quote]

i agree turnovers kill

You failed
    [/quote]</p>

Did Mark Brunnell ever throw 25 picks in Gilbride's system? How about Warren Moon?</p>

</p>

[/quote]

90 - Moon 13 INTs
    91 - Moon 21 INTs
    92 - Moon 12 INTs
    93 - Moon 21 INTs
    96- Brunell 20 INTs

[/quote]</p>

So the answer would be <font size="6">NO</font>.</p>

Don't forget to tip your waitresses before you leave.</p>[/quote]
    LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!

You were right Matt. He owned you

[quote user="bigblue4417"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"]Zach Berman said that Kevin Boss's agent had agreed to terms with the GIants as he was on a plane back to NY - thats when they got the Oakland offer and went there
    [/quote]

[/quote]

I aint killin him for that

he got PAAAAAID

god bless him. That was a legit FA loss

Smith on the other hand had more of a bitter signing to it...

Boss did what was best.... Smith was a little ***** about it

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="bigblue4417"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"]Zach Berman said that Kevin Boss's agent had agreed to terms with the GIants as he was on a plane back to NY - thats when they got the Oakland offer and went there
    [/quote]

[/quote]

I aint killin him for that

he got PAAAAAID

god bless him. That was a legit FA loss

Smith on the other hand had more of a bitter signing to it...

Boss did what was best.... Smith was a little ***** about it
    [/quote]
    Don't get me wrong. I am glad he got paaaaaaaaaid to. I love the guy man. Plus his career won't be that long probably so it's great for him. I'm just sayin....he agreed to play here and then backed out. If that is true again but Smith do that. You can't give Boss a pass and kill Smith. Smith's agent told the Giants he had a 1 year offer on the table. Whether he said they would give the Giants a chance to match or not is also speculation.

+ Reply to Thread