+ Reply to Thread

Thread: THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

Re: THEE GAME IS vs THE BUFFALO BILLS ON OCT 16th!

[quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="dezzzR"]it doesnt matter if bj is taller, bradshaw can move his legs faster because hes smaller and doesnt weigh as much. if it was a 20 yard sprint possibly
    [/quote]

it's exactly the opposite, if it was a 20 yard sprint Bradshaw would blow Jacobs out of the water....the LONGER the distance the more longer strides take effect...

Jacobs would have won in a 100 yard sprint back then, and would still win now...there is a reason most of the most successful sprinters are all Tall dudes (look at Bolt for example) Taller people with longer strides are faster...especially over moderate distances (when you get to marathons it's more about pacing and training and less about physical size)

Bradshaws obviously more Agile....but in terms of pure speed over a 100 yard distance he never has been and probably never will be faster then Jacobs....it's not even close...and it's common sense.
    [/quote]

the closest Jacobs would come is in the 40.. he won't maintain the speed for the 100 or have a quick enough burst out the gate for the 20
    Fear the name, appreciate the game

[quote user="dezzzR"]http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2011/09/...for-something/
    Baas smiles about Manning’s pranks, which have included hiding the
    center’s uniform pants in a teammate’s locker, <u>spitting sunflower seeds
    all over him and throwing footballs at his head when he’s not looking.</u>

lol
    [/quote]Eli's a prankster? Never woulda thought that.

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][/quote]</P>

Does your avatar text refer to the Gmen Bandwagon? hahaha</P>
    Oderint Dum Metuant

All-Pro

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"]that isn't what u were saying at the time[/quote]

you are right, at the time I thought it was so obvious that even Bradshaw would admit to it...I was wrong on the Bradshaw admitting it part...but it's still obvious...Jacobs in a 100 Yard sprint will obviously be faster.

http://40-yard-dash-times.com/new-york-giants-rb.html

go there it's a site that compares BJ/AB and even Danny Ware..who by the way is hands down faster then both of them.

[quote user="JPizzack"]MUAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!! I CAUSED IT AGAIN!!!!![/quote]Remember that time JP brought the debate back to life? hahaha

[quote user="lttaylor56"][quote user="JPizzack"]MUAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!! I CAUSED IT AGAIN!!!!![/quote]Remember that time JP brought the debate back to life? hahaha
    [/quote]</P>

I feel like I do this once a year lol</P>
    Oderint Dum Metuant

All-Pro

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"]the closest Jacobs would come is in the 40.. he won't maintain the speed for the 100 or have a quick enough burst out the gate for the 20[/quote]

Dude...it doesn't matter when it comes to the actual game, football speed is different then 40 times and shuttle tests and that crap, but when it comes to those tests Bradshaw just isn't fast man....that's not what he is...he's agile not fast.

he was 4.55 on his 40, Jacobs was 4.56.....1 thousandth of a second...and Bradshaw obviously got off the starting line faster...takes less for him to get started....so Jacobs "caught up" by 40 yards...it's common sense he will continue to gain speed on Bradshaw as the race goes on...

yes to a point....maybe Jacobs has less endurance...who knows...the point is that over 100 yards neither of them is going to run out of steam...the are Running Backs a 100 yard sprint is nothing to them.

[quote user="JPizzack"]

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][/quote]</p>

Does your avatar text refer to the Gmen Bandwagon? hahaha</p>[/quote]

goddamn right it does

All-Pro

[quote user="dezzzR"]i agree with that, BUT those "tall dudes" arent 260
    [/quote]

ok and the short dudes that they up against aren't 210 like Bradshaw....Bradshaw and Jacobs are both "thick" for their size...

[quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"]that isn't what u were saying at the time[/quote]

you are right, at the time I thought it was so obvious that even Bradshaw would admit to it...I was wrong on the Bradshaw admitting it part...but it's still obvious...Jacobs in a 100 Yard sprint will obviously be faster.

http://40-yard-dash-times.com/new-york-giants-rb.html

go there it's a site that compares BJ/AB and even Danny Ware..who by the way is hands down faster then both of them.
    [/quote]

that link only shows Jacobs numbers for everything

Danny Ware is def the slowest out of the bunch

+ Reply to Thread