+ Reply to Thread

Thread: THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

Re: THEE GAME IS vs THE BUFFALO BILLS ON OCT 16th!

[quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="JPizzack"][quote user="Morehead State"]You just don't get it. That play is part of the offense. Its not a rash decision made in the face of a pass rush. Its not a failure to understand the game situation and score.

You Cultists drive me nuts.</p>

[/quote]</p>

no, I just honestly and truly believe that if Cruz or Nicks didn't make those catches in traffic, that you would still be like "he did it againnnn..."
    I know you'll dispute that...

i typically don't get involved in these discussions...but, that's just my thought at this exact moment.</p>

[/quote]</p>

I didn't complain at all when Eli threw the pick vs. the Rams. I understand that you have to make plays in the passing game and when you have a monster like Nicks, you have to find him in single coverage, even if its tight coverage.</p>

Its not that that bugged me about Eli last year. It was the dumb decisions. The willingness to chuck it into coverage before a play develops in the face of a pass rush. The failure to understand game situations like at Dallas and at Houston last season where the games were already won and he put that back in doubt with dumb passes.</p>

If Cruz, MM and Nicks have shown in games and/or practice that those throws he made in the past few weeks are good risks, I'm fine with it. Even if it gets picked once in a while. Its the paniced throws when he should be taking a sack or throwing it away that bug me.</p>[/quote]

lol its so funny how opposite we are.

I think that was a dumb and bad throw by eli. I think that was a horrid ball by him

Fear the name, appreciate the game

Remember how poorly Eli was playing in 2007 before we made our sb run? It was so bad, I took his mini-helmet of mine off the shelf and locked it away in a closet. It was BAD.

[quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="lttaylor56"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="Morehead State"]

[quote user="dezzzR"]mhs been quite. eli must be playing to his satisfaction.
    [/quote]</p>

Eli has been more than fine this season. Or at least since the second half of the St. Louis game.</p>

Amazing to all you "gunslinger" fans how protecting the football turns into <u>wins</u> for our team.</p>

And wins are what its about.</p>

[/quote] was he "protecting" the ball when he threw it up in double coverage for cruz'z 2nd td in philly???hmmmm or one the many times he threw to nicks with a corner all over him?
    [/quote]

and thats been a point i have made all along about Eli

alot of his success isn't just wide open throws. He threads the needle ALOT which produces for us...

the old man just refuses to accept that as fact
    [/quote]Eli is similar to many other qb's in this manner. When he is on, he's on. Like at the end of the Cards game. It would be nice to have that type of accurary more of the time.
    [/quote]

but thats the general point. Eli is VERY similiar with his production. You would of never got half of these people to say that before this season started

Then for MH to come back and say well sometimes u have to rely on your receivers - yea no ****. Thats the same thing we've been saying for how long now? Alot of **** we went through last year was because we did rely on our recievers and they let us down on basic things.
    [/quote]</p>

Absolutely not. The picks I had a problem with last year were paniced passes into coverage in the face of a pass rush.</p>[/quote]

the point is that on the level it looked alot more worse than it was. Plus a couple of them were the receivers not being in the right spots.

You HAVE to make throws under pressure. You can't just take the sack ALL the time. You said last week you want your QB to be a play maker too...

You can't only just make plays when u have a pocket to step up in. The greats don't do that either. As Dilfer has said multiple times the past week: "Being successful vs pressure is what got most of the QBs in the Hall of Fame, IN the HOF

[quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="lttaylor56"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="Morehead State"]

[/quote]</p>

Eli has been more than fine this season. Or at least since the second half of the St. Louis game.</p>

Amazing to all you "gunslinger" fans how protecting the football turns into <u>wins</u> for our team.</p>

[/quote] was he "protecting" the ball when he threw it up in double coverage for cruz'z 2nd td in philly???hmmmm or one the many times he threw to nicks with a corner all over him?
    [/quote]

alot of his success isn't just wide open throws. He threads the needle ALOT which produces for us...

[/quote]Eli is similar to many other qb's in this manner. When he is on, he's on. Like at the end of the Cards game. It would be nice to have that type of accurary more of the time.
    [/quote]

but thats the general point. Eli is VERY similiar with his production. You would of never got half of these people to say that before this season started

Then for MH to come back and say well sometimes u have to rely on your receivers - yea no ****. Thats the same thing we've been saying for how long now? Alot of **** we went through last year was because we did rely on our recievers and they let us down on basic things.
    [/quote]</p>

Absolutely not. The picks I had a problem with last year were paniced passes into coverage in the face of a pass rush.</p>[/quote]and this is where Eli struggles the most. How hard would it be to have Osi/tuck and jpp put him in the uncomfortable situations more in practice so Eli can get used to making BETTER decisions under pressure? That would be easy to simulate would it not?

[/quote]</p>

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]</p>

Absolutely not. The picks I had a problem with last year were paniced passes into coverage in the face of a pass rush.</p>[/quote]

the point is that on the level it looked alot more worse than it was. Plus a couple of them were the receivers not being in the right spots.

You HAVE to make throws under pressure. You can't just take the sack ALL the time. You said last week you want your QB to be a play maker too...

You can't only just make plays when u have a pocket to step up in. The greats don't do that either. As Dilfer has said multiple times the past week: "Being successful vs pressure is what got most of the QBs in the Hall of Fame, IN the HOF

[quote user="lttaylor56"]Remember how poorly Eli was playing in 2007 before we made our sb run? It was so bad, I took his mini-helmet of mine off the shelf and locked it away in a closet. It was BAD.
    [/quote]

theres no doubt that was the turning point in his career.

Part of the problem is that we've had some young and rookie QBs come in and play well right off the bat but history shows that it typically a while for a QB to develope in the NFL

[quote user="Morehead State"]

[quote user="shocknaweny"]STeve Johnson ????[/quote]</p>

I knew you were going there. I was thinking Eric Decker.</p>

You are as thin as I am. Trying to figure a 4 player trade. Or even 2 for one.</p>

Decker and_______for Best.</p>[/quote]
    That is laughable. lol A waiver pick up MH?

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="lttaylor56"]Remember how poorly Eli was playing in 2007 before we made our sb run? It was so bad, I took his mini-helmet of mine off the shelf and locked it away in a closet. It was BAD.
    [/quote]

theres no doubt that was the turning point in his career.

Part of the problem is that we've had some young and rookie QBs come in and play well right off the bat but history shows that it typically a while for a QB to develope in the NFL
    [/quote]Very true, and E continues to make improvements. I really cannot blame him, the top pass rushers in the league are freaking huge. I would crumble where I stood in that situation. Eli is tough-this season he has waited to throw-knowing he was gonna take a hit.

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="lttaylor56"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="Morehead State"]

[/quote]</P>

Eli has been more than fine this season. Or at least since the second half of the St. Louis game.</P>

Amazing to all you "gunslinger" fans how protecting the football turns into <U>wins</U> for our team.</P>

And wins are what its about.</P>

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]</P>

Absolutely not. The picks I had a problem with last year were paniced passes into coverage in the face of a pass rush.</P>

[/quote]

[/quote]</P>

You guys drive me nuts. Can't you just enjoy the fact that our QB has learned from previous mistakes and is playing well as our team is winning? He seems to be able to see the way it is while some of you guys keep banging your collective head against the wall about last years excuses.</P>

No you can't. You just regurgitate the excuses of the past despite the visual evidence that he has stepped up his game.</P>
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

I am

And I do agree hes gotten better - but I just don't think hes improved his play as much as ur suggesting

Its more of the fact that hte receivers are playing alot better and they seem to be on the same page alot more

+ Reply to Thread