+ Reply to Thread

Thread: THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

Re: THEE GAME IS vs THE BUFFALO BILLS ON OCT 16th!

[quote user="bigblue4417"]Welcome aboard Mike Vick...
    [/quote]

case and point why i never want to hear u ***** about anything in this league again

Fear the name, appreciate the game

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="bigblue4417"]Welcome aboard Mike Vick...
    [/quote]

case and point why i never want to hear u ***** about anything in this league again

[/quote]
    I knew that was coming. I have not *****ed about any trade this year at all or last year. I learned my lesson and play by the rules. Only thing I was *****ing about this year was the scoring set up but I like it better this way anyway. Bonuses were dumb. I still don't understand the Defense but it's all good.

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="ny06"]

<font face="Arial">dezzzR</font> </p>

He <u>should </u>win MVP. </p>

I will be pissed if they give the award to Justin Verlander. </p>

</p>[/quote]

really? why?
    [/quote]cause as amazing as verlanders been hes only played in 30 something games.
    [/quote]

well i go by the most literal term. HE may of only played in 30 games but he had more of an effect for his team than anybody else. How many people single handedly have had that effect on their team

I<u> mean honestly, in his 24 wins, in only 4 of them did he give up 3 or more runs.</u> EVen in his losses he always ate up innings which always kept his bullpen fresh. He averaged the most innings per start out of any AL pitcher.

I typically agree, but I think Verlander is the exception

[/quote]i was at one of those games, opening day. i think 30 games is so insignificant when compared to 160. yea hes an amazing pitcher, the best pitcher in the league( i think hes better than doc) but thats what the cy youngs for. in may, june, early july when starting pitching was finding its way and NO ONE was hitting and the injuries, it was all granderson whether making crazy catches in center, scoring runs, cruushing bombs, knocking in ribs.

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="ny06"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="ny06"]

</p>

[/quote]

really? why?
    [/quote]cause as amazing as verlanders been hes only played in 30 something games.
    [/quote]

well i go by the most literal term. HE may of only played in 30 games but he had more of an effect for his team than anybody else. How many people single handedly have had that effect on their team

I mean honestly, in his 24 wins, in only 4 of them did he give up 3 or more runs. EVen in his losses he always ate up innings which always kept his bullpen fresh. He averaged the most innings per start out of any AL pitcher.

[/quote]</p>

<u>Granderson</u></p>

Avg .262 </p>[*]HR 41 [*]RBI 119 [*]Runs 136 [*]SB 25

</p>

<u>Verlander</u></p>

W-L 24-5 </p>[*]ERA 2.40 [*]K 250 [*]Walks 57 [*]WHIP 0.92

</p>[/quote]

i have an issue giving anybody MVP that bats .262
    [/quote]its so misleading though. he has a great on base%. and the rest of his numbers are ridiculous.

[quote user="bigblue4417"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="bigblue4417"]Welcome aboard Mike Vick...
    [/quote]

[/quote]
    I knew that was coming. I have not *****ed about any trade this year at all or last year. I learned my lesson and play by the rules. Only thing I was *****ing about this year was the scoring set up but I like it better this way anyway. Bonuses were dumb. I still don't understand the Defense but it's all good.
    [/quote]

basically by using the defensive yards and points, it gives a more accurate reading of how well the defense played.

Think of it like this, you have Giants DE. Eli throws a pick and the Seahawks start on our 20 yard line. BOOM 3 and out and we give up the FG. Now the points go down, but u held them to a 3 and out and basically no yardage. It just gives a more realistic view of how well the defense played. Not only that I altered it so that it it isn't a huge increase in scoring vs the default

[quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="ny06"]

</p>[/quote]

really? why?
    [/quote]

I<u> mean honestly, in his 24 wins, in only 4 of them did he give up 3 or more runs.</u> EVen in his losses he always ate up innings which always kept his bullpen fresh. He averaged the most innings per start out of any AL pitcher.

[/quote]i was at one of those games, opening day. i think 30 games is so insignificant when compared to 160. yea hes an amazing pitcher, the best pitcher in the league( i think hes better than doc) but thats what the cy youngs for. in may, june, early july when starting pitching was finding its way and NO ONE was hitting and the injuries, it was all granderson whether making crazy catches in center, scoring runs, cruushing bombs, knocking in ribs.

[/quote]

yea but honestly Granderson average is awful and he strikes out a ton. Hes probably hurt us in so many situations by not advancing a runner and things of that nature that it does take away from his great stats.

His average is too low and his strikeouts are too high imo. And like I said, typically I agree with you about pitchers i just think this year is a special case. 24 wins? Thats nuts. And it wasn't because of a huge flux of run support. Not to mention the fact that he seemed to always go 7-8 innings typically. From his dominance, even in losses, he always preserved the bullpen which was able to help them win in games that he didn't even pitch in

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="JPizzack"]

goddamn...the more I think about that catch....I dont think I've ever seen someone so completely laid out to make a diving catch like that...like that was the most extreme of the extreme catches!!
    MVP!!!</p>[/quote]yea it was frigggin sweeeeeeeet, but the first inning superman catch was HUGH, saved 3 runs

EXTREME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    [/quote]

it was. I got scared thought thought he hurt himself
    [/quote]yea i thought he hurt himself too.

[quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="ny06"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="ny06"]

</p>

[/quote]

really? why?
    [/quote]

I mean honestly, in his 24 wins, in only 4 of them did he give up 3 or more runs. EVen in his losses he always ate up innings which always kept his bullpen fresh. He averaged the most innings per start out of any AL pitcher.

[/quote]</p>

<u>Granderson</u></p>

Avg .262 </p>[*]HR 41 [*]RBI 119 [*]Runs 136 [*]SB 25

</p>

<u>Verlander</u></p>

W-L 24-5 </p>[*]ERA 2.40 [*]K 250 [*]Walks 57 [*]WHIP 0.92

</p>[/quote]

i have an issue giving anybody MVP that bats .262
    [/quote]its so misleading though. he has a great on base%. and the rest of his numbers are ridiculous.
    [/quote]

its def good, top 15-20 in the AL. It isn't THAT dominate.

And hes also top 4 in strikeouts.

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"]
    its def good, top 15-20 in the AL. It isn't THAT dominate.

And hes also top 4 in strikeouts.
    [/quote]</P>

I feel like that get's washed out by the insane amount of runs the guy scored though.
    Strikeouts arent THAT big of a deal in the voting I don't think
    Ryan Howard won MVP with more Ks than what Granderson had. Granted he did have a higher average that year, but just saying, it might not matter.</P>
    Oderint Dum Metuant

<div class="report">

Coach Tom Coughlin hinted that CB Prince Amukamara won't be back until after the Giants' Week 7 bye.</p>
    </div>
    <div class="impact">
    Coughlin said not to even ask about Amukamara until
    after the bye week. The No. 19 overall pick's recovery is clearly going
    slower than anticipated.
    </div>

+ Reply to Thread