+ Reply to Thread

Thread: THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

Re: THEE GAME IS vs THE BUFFALO BILLS ON OCT 16th!

[quote user="Morehead State"]

[quote user="bigblue4417"]Welcome aboard Mike Vick...
    [/quote]</p>

I don't get it. You have Matt Stafford. You can only play one of them.</p>[/quote]
    I was probably never going to use Ryan unless Stafford loses his hot hand. Vick is a better fall back plan than Matt Ryan ( maybe/hopefully ) and I got Nate Washington off waivers which is really beneficial to Sharick cause he has Hasselbeck. I just hope I didn't make a mistake. A thing I loved about Matt Ryan is that he plays the rest of his games in a dome except 1 at Carolina. You definitely have the right kicker. lol

The risk/reward was too great for me to pass this up.

BTW, it looks like Ced Benson will live for another week. Just enough to get through the Ray Rice bye week.</p>

I plowed through the "Terror Squad" last week like it was the Canadian army. Now I must defeat Lando this week. </p>[/quote]
    I was really hoping he would be out. lol

Jax run D is not too bad though [:|]

Good luck to ya MH. It should have been the final last year but you got Pizz'd on.

[quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="Morehead State"]

[quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="lttaylor56"]Eli has a 105.6 passer rating. I am wearing his Jersey Sunday-he has earned it.
    [/quote]

That's right around Brady's right? :P

Morehead must HATE the fact that Eli is doing so well...as the leading member of the "Eli Haters" Fan club and all.
    [/quote]</P>

As long as he's not throwing a lot of stupid picks, <U>Eli is fine with me.</U></P>

[/quote]when will you love him??
    [/quote]</P>

Is that the new standard? if you don't "love" Eli, you must be an Eli hater.</P>

I will not succumb to the oppression on this MB.</P>

<FONT size=4>FIGHT THE POWER!!!!!</FONT></P>

[/quote]lmao no, im simply asking what does eli have to do to get some mh lovin.
    [/quote]</P>

There is only one Giants QB that I truly ever loved. And that was Phil Simms. And I will love him until the day I die as my greatest sports hero.</P>

(I did like Randy Johnson a lot though)</P>

[/quote]elis going to break all of simms records though. again what does eli have to do? another ring?
    [/quote]</P>

Phil had more heart than any QB I've ever seen. And he was the toughest football player I ever saw as well.</P>

How many QB's would have ever got in Ronny Lott's grill like Phil did?</P>
    Get well soon 80.

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="JPizzack"]

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"]
    its def good, top 15-20 in the AL. It isn't THAT dominate.

And hes also top 4 in strikeouts.
    [/quote]</p>

I feel like that get's washed out by the insane amount of runs the guy scored though.
    Strikeouts arent THAT big of a deal in the voting I don't think
    Ryan Howard won MVP with more Ks than what Granderson had. Granted he did have a higher average that year, but just saying, it might not matter.</p>[/quote]

they absolutely are the worst stat to be high in. Because strikeouts are killers. <u>You have NO shot to move runners with strikeouts.</u> Thats why K's are such a highly toted thing when pitchers stats are considered and groundball pitchers don't get as much love
    [/quote]yea but it doesnt put any runs on the board.

[quote user="bigblue4417"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"]Think of it like this, you have Giants DE. Eli throws a pick and the Seahawks start on our 20 yard line. BOOM 3 and out and we give up the FG. Now the points go down, but u held them to a 3 and out and basically no yardage. It just gives a more realistic view of how well the defense played. Not only that I altered it so that it it isn't a huge increase in scoring vs the default
    [/quote]
    So yards allowed doesn't come into play right?
    [/quote]

exactly. They take the hits on points but it really wasn't on them, so the yards would balance it out. Like I said, a more accurate reading
    Fear the name, appreciate the game

Get well soon 80.

[quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="ny06"]

<font face="Arial">dezzzR</font> </p>

He <u>should </u>win MVP. </p>

I will be pissed if they give the award to Justin Verlander. </p>

</p>[/quote]

really? why?
    [/quote]cause as amazing as verlanders been hes only played in 30 something games.
    [/quote]

well i go by the most literal term. HE may of only played in 30 games but he had more of an effect for his team than anybody else. How many people single handedly have had that effect on their team

I<u> mean honestly, in his 24 wins, in only 4 of them did he give up 3 or more runs.</u> EVen in his losses he always ate up innings which always kept his bullpen fresh. He averaged the most innings per start out of any AL pitcher.

I typically agree, but I think Verlander is the exception

[/quote]i was at one of those games, opening day. i think 30 games is so insignificant when compared to 160. yea hes an amazing pitcher, the best pitcher in the league( i think hes better than doc) but thats what the cy youngs for. in may, june, early july when starting pitching was finding its way and NO ONE was hitting and the injuries, it was all granderson whether making crazy catches in center, scoring runs, cruushing bombs, knocking in ribs.

[/quote]

yea but honestly Granderson average is awful and he strikes out a ton. <u>Hes probably hurt us in so many situations by not advancing a runner and things of that nature that it does take away from his great stats. </u>

His average is too low and his strikeouts are too high imo. And like I said, typically I agree with you about pitchers i just think this year is a special case. 24 wins? Thats nuts. And it wasn't because of a huge flux of run support. Not to mention the fact that he seemed to always go 7-8 innings typically. From his dominance, even in losses, he always preserved the bullpen which was able to help them win in games that he didn't even pitch in
    [/quote]hurt us? hes the main reason were in the playoffs. this is baseball, you fail 7 times out of 10 youre considered great. and i forgot to mention he is clutch. besides average, hes first in the al with ribs, 2nd in the league with hrs, (i remember once upon a time when you said "batting average doesnt tell the whole story, its all about on base%) and an on base% of .364<u>, and 1st in the league with 137 runs.</u> to me, none of verlanders stats can compete with those runs, even his 250 ks. runs are more important than ks imo.

grandys a stud and deserves it.
    [/quote]

we play 162 games. There are def situations that he could of hurt us by not producing. Its too fluid to compare but to say just because he played 150 games he was more valuable is false. Do you automatically think Brandon Inge is as valuable to the Tigers as Verlander because he played more games?

[quote user="bigblue4417"]Welcome aboard Mike Vick...
    [/quote]</p>

I don't get it. You have Matt Stafford. You can only play one of them.</p>[/quote]

he got vick for a backup QB and 4th receiver. Its a no brainer

[quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="Morehead State"]

[quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="lttaylor56"]Eli has a 105.6 passer rating. I am wearing his Jersey Sunday-he has earned it.
    [/quote]

That's right around Brady's right? :P

Morehead must HATE the fact that Eli is doing so well...as the leading member of the "Eli Haters" Fan club and all.
    [/quote]</p>

As long as he's not throwing a lot of stupid picks, <u>Eli is fine with me.</u></p>

[/quote]when will you love him??
    [/quote]</p>

Is that the new standard? if you don't "love" Eli, you must be an Eli hater.</p>

I will not succumb to the oppression on this MB.</p>

<font size="4">FIGHT THE POWER!!!!!</font></p>[/quote]

no ur a hater because of ur blatant ignorance on his throws and your reasoning...

Eli throws the same "bad balls" as he did last year. Its just the difference of the defense not capitilizing and the our receivers actually making the plays.

BTW, it looks like Ced Benson will live for another week. Just enough to get through the Ray Rice bye week.</p>

I plowed through the "Terror Squad" last week like it was the Canadian army. Now I must defeat Lando this week. </p>[/quote]

i won't shoot back because i appreciate the knock at the Canadian aarmy

+ Reply to Thread