+ Reply to Thread

Thread: THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

Re: THEE GAME IS vs THE BUFFALO BILLS ON OCT 16th!

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="ny06"]

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"]I agree bandy. Like I said its just different this year. Verlander had a Nolan Ryan type dominated year. Plus the batters really don't have any SICK SICK SICK numbers. And Dezz, why don't u compare Bautista's numbers vs Grandersons
    [/quote]</P>

<U>Granderson</U></P>

<TABLE class=header-stats>
    <THEAD>
    <TR>
    <TH>AVG</TH>
    <TH>HR</TH>
    <TH>RBI</TH>
    <TH>OBP</TH></TR></THEAD>
    <TBODY>
    <TR>
    <TD>.262</TD>
    <TD>41</TD>
    <TD>119</TD>
    <TD>.364</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>runs 136</P>

add 25 steals. </P>

<U>Bautista</U></P>

<TABLE class=header-stats>
    <THEAD>
    <TR>
    <TH>AVG</TH>
    <TH>HR</TH>
    <TH>RBI</TH>
    <TH>OBP</TH></TR></THEAD>
    <TBODY>
    <TR>
    <TD>.302</TD>
    <TD>43</TD>
    <TD>103</TD>
    <TD>.447</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></P>

runs 105</P>

Besides average and obp, Granderson had similar numbers or better. </P>

You also have to put in account defense, Granderson saves runs with his great ability in centerfield. </P>

[/quote]

go to the ratio of runners on base for each of them cpompared to their stats. Bautista was THE ONLY player on that team lol. IMO, Bautista is more valuable than Granderson., Bautista can play third and OF
    [/quote]</P>

You do realize Granderson put up those huge # in the 2 hole right?</P>

His numbers would have blow Bautista's away if he was hitting 3 or 4. </P>

</P>

Giants fan since the early 80s

All-Pro

[quote user="JPizzack"]In 1999, the AL MVP race was between Pedro Martinez, and Pudge Rodriguez.

Pedro recieved more than double the first place votes than Pudge did, but since a few voters refused to put pitchers on their ballot, Pedro was essentially moved to 2nd place in the voting.
    Law of averages....zeros don't help averages. lol

Another thing that I see a few of you have mentioned is the ability for the "mvp" to lead his team to success. Although I agree Bautista had an MVP season, the Blue Jays are arguably not even a .500 club even with his production, so they definitely take that into consideration. Whether you agree with that or not is irellevant, because it's just how the voters do things....[/quote]they are 500 no arguing needed... which btw is only 16 games out of 160 worse than the first place team.. my point? dont have one really other than 500 is not as bad as its made to look.

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="shocknaweny"]

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"]

[quote user="bigblue4417"]and you may think I took him but don't discredit Sharick. He won the B league last year and has been playing FF forever. He knows his **** so it's not like he didn't think about it. He would not have just given Vick away ( ala Daven ). Still can't believe he let go of Cutler after how much he talked him up.
    [/quote]

listen to these moves me and blondie are making that $300 league

<FONT size=4>FIRST we picked up Cam Newton 4 Rex Grossman

</FONT>THEN we traded Cam Newton &amp; Maclin 4 Matt Schaub &amp; Andre Johnson

THEN we traded Andre Johnson 4 Hakeem Nicks

NOW it looks like we have a deal done sending Eli &amp; Hightower 4 SJax

AND we're waiting to hear back from our Matt Schaub &amp; Fred Jackson 4 Drew Breez offer

if they all go off our team will look like:

QB: Breez &amp; Romo
    RB: McCoy &amp; Rice, SJax, Tolbert
    WR: Nicks, Wallace, STevie Johnson, Julio Jones
    TE: Jason Witten

LMAOOOOO
    [/quote]</P>

</P>

Whomever traded Cam Newton for sexy Rexy is kinda well.....dumb....surprised some of these trades happen in a big money league.</P>

[/quote]

na they cut Cam newton lol FA wire... OHHH YEAAAA
    [/quote]</P>

</P>

</P>

Schaub and Jonathan Stewart for Matt Stafford ????+</P>

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="Morehead State"]

[quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="lttaylor56"]Eli has a 105.6 passer rating. I am wearing his Jersey Sunday-he has earned it.
    [/quote]

That's right around Brady's right? :P

Morehead must HATE the fact that Eli is doing so well...as the leading member of the "Eli Haters" Fan club and all.
    [/quote]</P>

As long as he's not throwing a lot of stupid picks, <U>Eli is fine with me.</U></P>

[/quote]when will you love him??
    [/quote]</P>

Is that the new standard? if you don't "love" Eli, you must be an Eli hater.</P>

I will not succumb to the oppression on this MB.</P>

<FONT size=4>FIGHT THE POWER!!!!!</FONT></P>

[/quote]

no ur a hater because of ur blatant ignorance on his throws and your reasoning...

Eli throws the same "bad balls" as he did last year. Its just the difference of the defense not capitilizing and the our receivers actually making the plays.
    [/quote]</P>

I disagree with you that Eli sucks this year.</P>

I think he's actually played well.</P>

[/quote]

lol it must be hard to be as wrong as u are on this topic

but u keep fighting the good fight sir
    [/quote]</P>

So your view is that Eli isn't playing any better this season than last.</P>

What color is the sky in your world Matt?</P>

[/quote]

Let me break it down to u pappy.

Besides the wrong routes and tipped balls not happening, there was a break down done of balls that should of been intercepted. Other QBs like PEyton statistically got lucky. Eli was actually on top of that list of defenders making plays against him. The truth of the matter is that there have been a couple of balls that could of been picked that that weren't. LUCKY ON ELI.

Eli STILL throws those same tight balls into double and triple coverage, balls you CONSTANTLY killed him for because the plays weren't made. Now that they ARE being made u think Elis made some dramatic jump in his game play. It just shows how out of touch wtih reality you are.

Hell even in talking about the two interceptions he ahd this year, u still tried to put that redskins pick on him and NOT the Rams one. Granted you came back and said the WAsh one wasn't his fault, but u didn't have the right reasoning as WHY it wasn't his fault. Then u give him a pass for the Rams INT? It was a brutal ****in decision and ball. Which makes pretty much makes all of ur previous knocks on Eli baffling.

He is playing better and has taken sacks in a couple of situations in where else other wise he would of tried making a play. BUT STILL, the number of times thats happened isn't nearly as dramatic as ur making it seem.

The funny part is u tried knocking him this year already by saying YOU WANT YOUR QB TO BE A PLAYMAKER. The truth is you don't know if your coming or going and your heavily downplaying the fact that the receivers seem to have a way better grasp of the offense than they did last year. Hell they guy u've been blowing hardcore (not that I wasn't) just got benched because of his inability to run the right routes.

Its time for you to wake up old man
    [/quote]</P>

Ha Ha, your ranting!</P>

Eli after 4 games: 8 TD's, 2 Int's. 3-1</P>

Eli after 4 games last year: 5 TD's, 6 Int's. 2-2</P>

But Morehead, it was the recievers! It was KG! It was the O line! It was the bushey haired man! </P>

No Matt. Its better play at QB this season.</P>

</P>
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="JPizzack"]In 1999, the AL MVP race was between Pedro Martinez, and Pudge Rodriguez.

Pedro recieved more than double the first place votes than Pudge did, but since a few voters refused to put pitchers on their ballot, Pedro was essentially moved to 2nd place in the voting.

Another thing that I see a few of you have mentioned is the ability for the "mvp" to lead his team to success. Although I agree Bautista had an MVP season, the Blue Jays are arguably not even a .500 club even with his production, so they definitely take that into consideration. Whether you agree with that or not is irellevant, because it's just how the voters do things....[/quote]

so because the ******bag writers don't think it should happen that means im wrong?

U asked my opinion and I gave it.
    [/quote]</P>

I get it. I'm just saying....if it doesn't(which I'm assuming) happen, then who? lol</P>
    Oderint Dum Metuant

[quote user="ny06"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="ny06"]

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"]I agree bandy. Like I said its just different this year. Verlander had a Nolan Ryan type dominated year. Plus the batters really don't have any SICK SICK SICK numbers. And Dezz, why don't u compare Bautista's numbers vs Grandersons
    [/quote]</p>

<u>Granderson</u></p>

<table class="header-stats">
    <thead>
    <tr>
    <th>AVG</th>
    <th>HR</th>
    <th>RBI</th>
    <th>OBP</th></tr></thead>
    <tbody>
    <tr>
    <td>.262</td>
    <td>41</td>
    <td>119</td>
    <td>.364</td></tr></tbody></table>runs 136</p>

add 25 steals. </p>

<u>Bautista</u></p>

<table class="header-stats">
    <thead>
    <tr>
    <th>AVG</th>
    <th>HR</th>
    <th>RBI</th>
    <th>OBP</th></tr></thead>
    <tbody>
    <tr>
    <td>.302</td>
    <td>43</td>
    <td>103</td>
    <td>.447</td></tr></tbody></table></p>

runs 105</p>

Besides average and obp, Granderson had similar numbers or better. </p>

You also have to put in account defense, Granderson saves runs with his great ability in centerfield. </p>

[/quote]

go to the ratio of runners on base for each of them cpompared to their stats. Bautista was THE ONLY player on that team lol. IMO, Bautista is more valuable than Granderson., Bautista can play third and OF
    [/quote]</p>

You do realize Granderson put up those huge # in the 2 hole right?</p>

His numbers would have blow Bautista's away if he was hitting 3 or 4. </p>

</p>[/quote]

the 2 hole is overrated in this discussion because its the 2 hole on the yankees. The whole lineup hits and gets on. So after the first inning that is typically garbage.

GO look at how bad the bluejays are. How many 1-2-3 innings did they start off wtih and leave Bautista leading off the second inning. EVEN in the 2 hole, Granderson had more opportunities. Put Bautista on the yankees in the 2 spot and he would of demolished Granderson numbers. I really like Granderson, but has there ever been an MVP that batted 260?
    Fear the name, appreciate the game

All-Pro

[quote user="ny06"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="ny06"]

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"]I agree bandy. Like I said its just different this year. Verlander had a Nolan Ryan type dominated year.* Plus the batters really don't have any SICK SICK SICK numbers.* And Dezz, why don't u compare Bautista's numbers vs Grandersons
    [/quote]<>[/quote]

go to the ratio of runners on base for each of them cpompared to their stats. Bautista was THE ONLY player on that team* lol.* IMO, Bautista is more valuable than Granderson., Bautista can play third and OF
    [/quote]</P>

You do realize Granderson put up those huge # in the 2 hole right?</P>

His numbers would have blow Bautista's away if he was hitting 3 or 4. </P>

*</P>[/quote]on the Jays?.. you dont think JB's numbers would also be better with the protection he'd get on the Yanks?

[quote user="JPizzack"]

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="JPizzack"]In 1999, the AL MVP race was between Pedro Martinez, and Pudge Rodriguez.

Another thing that I see a few of you have mentioned is the ability for the "mvp" to lead his team to success. Although I agree Bautista had an MVP season, the Blue Jays are arguably not even a .500 club even with his production, so they definitely take that into consideration. Whether you agree with that or not is irellevant, because it's just how the voters do things....[/quote]

so because the ******bag writers don't think it should happen that means im wrong?

U asked my opinion and I gave it.
    [/quote]</p>

I get it. I'm just saying....if it doesn't(which I'm assuming) happen, then who? lol</p>[/quote]

by default i guess Granderson... cuz u have to make the playoffs.

I would say if u look at Miguel Cabreras numbers they are more impressive than Grandersons

.321 BA</P>

105 RBI</P>

32 HR's</P>

39 SB's</P>

All from the lead off position.</P>

We all know who the MVP really is.</P>
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

[quote user="bandwgn86"][quote user="ny06"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="ny06"]

[/quote]&lt;&gt;[/quote]

[/quote]</p>

You do realize Granderson put up those huge # in the 2 hole right?</p>

His numbers would have blow Bautista's away if he was hitting 3 or 4. </p>

</p>[/quote]on the Jays?.. you dont think JB's numbers would also be better with the protection he'd get on the Yanks?[/quote]

yea i agree bandy. Im taking my yankee hat off in this discussion and trying to be a realist...

If you play the what iff game i think that actually hurts Grandersons case

+ Reply to Thread