+ Reply to Thread

Thread: THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

Re: THEE GAME IS vs THE BUFFALO BILLS ON OCT 16th!

[quote user="lttaylor56"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="lttaylor56"][quote user="DavenIII"]Cruz is awesome, and I'm not gonna really blame him for slipping there and then trying to pull out the catch.

Our Running Game is terrible...what happened.

Defense is hit or miss each series....sometimes we are awesome sometimes we just suck.

overall I think we just fell to a trap game...I still think we are in good shape in our division.
    [/quote]I have to agree that we're ok in our division. Inconsistent is the word for our defense. When we dial it up we're awesome --and we can suck at the same time. We no longer have a run game-a bit over 60 yards against a defense that was giving 100 yds to previous teams. Most of AB's yards came in big bursts to the left side. The right side of the line is not getting it done or playcalls were not going that way based on matchups.

If cruz didn't slip and miss that step, we Win.
    [/quote]

I agree but I must point out one thing:

our defense without Osi - still can play at a top level.

our defense without Tuck - VERY ORDINARY
    [/quote]Good point-agreed. Is tuck probable for Sunday?
    [/quote]

i read something last week that said he won't return til after bye week. So i doubt he plays this week
    Fear the name, appreciate the game

[quote user="lttaylor56"][quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="lttaylor56"][quote user="DavenIII"]Cruz is awesome, and I'm not gonna really blame him for slipping there and then trying to pull out the catch.

Defense is hit or miss each series....sometimes we are awesome sometimes we just suck.

overall I think we just fell to a trap game...I still think we are in good shape in our division.
    [/quote]I have to agree that we're ok in our division. Inconsistent is the word for our defense. When we dial it up we're awesome --and we can suck at the same time. We no longer have a run game-a bit over 60 yards against a defense that was giving 100 yds to previous teams. Most of AB's yards came in big bursts to the left side. The right side of the line is not getting it done or playcalls were not going that way based on matchups.

[/quote]

our defense without Osi - s<u>till can play at a top level.</u>

[/quote]this d hasnt been playing at a top level, but i agree i dont think we would skip a beat osi. jpp and tuck are both animals
    [/quote]what the f is the deal with us going offsides on two occassions with a 1st and goal late in the game? Are you kidding me?
    [/quote]

thats another thing - penalties

we have to be leading the league in penalties...

Honestly how many offensive series did we have where Eli was getting sacked or a penalty and we in long yardage. It felt like EVERY SINGLE time we had the ball.

[quote user="lttaylor56"][quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="lttaylor56"][quote user="DavenIII"]Cruz is awesome, and I'm not gonna really blame him for slipping there and then trying to pull out the catch.

[/quote]

[/quote]this d hasnt been playing at a top level, but i agree i dont think we would skip a beat osi. jpp and tuck are both animals
    [/quote]what the f is the deal with us going offsides on two occassions with a 1st and goal late in the game? Are you kidding me?
    [/quote]wtfs the deal with not playing until the whistle blows, especially in the redzone? whats the deal with fewell being here for over a year and we still have wrs running wide open, elite wrs? whats the deal with ****ing whitehurst and grossman throwing all over us? whats the deal with our run d?

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="lttaylor56"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="lttaylor56"][quote user="DavenIII"]Cruz is awesome, and I'm not gonna really blame him for slipping there and then trying to pull out the catch.

[/quote]

[/quote]

i read something last week that said he won't return til after bye week. So i doubt he plays this week
    [/quote]It's bad for Buffalo game, but good that Tuck's chances of being 100% for our very tough second half of the season is possible.

[quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="lttaylor56"][quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="lttaylor56"][quote user="DavenIII"]Cruz is awesome, and I'm not gonna really blame him for slipping there and then trying to pull out the catch.

[/quote]

[/quote]wtfs the deal with not playing until the whistle blows, especially in the redzone? whats the deal with fewell being here for over a year and we still have wrs running wide open, elite wrs? whats the deal with ****ing whitehurst and grossman throwing all over us? whats the deal with our run d?
    [/quote]

fewell can't play for them, if ur speaking on that td to baldwin

That was a player **** up

but i agree with u all along Dezz. I want man to man press 90% of the time..... but that specific play Rolle or whoever it was jumped on the fake screen

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="lttaylor56"][quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="lttaylor56"][quote user="DavenIII"]Cruz is awesome, and I'm not gonna really blame him for slipping there and then trying to pull out the catch.

[/quote]

[/quote]

Honestly how many offensive series did we have where Eli was getting sacked or a penalty and we in long yardage. It felt like EVERY SINGLE time we had the ball.

[/quote]It was starting to feel like quicksand every time and these are the circumstances where Eli makes mistakes...it could of been much worse. He has improved a bit.

[quote user="lttaylor56"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="lttaylor56"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="lttaylor56"][quote user="DavenIII"]Cruz is awesome, and I'm not gonna really blame him for slipping there and then trying to pull out the catch.

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]It's bad for Buffalo game, but good that Tuck's chances of being 100% for our very tough second half of the season is possible.
    [/quote]

Justin Tuck was limited in practice today with an ongoing neck
    injury. He said after practice that he's "definitely" considered
    shutting down until after the Giants' Week 7 bye.</p>

"That sounds like a smart thing to do," Tuck said. "We'll see. I don't know."</p>

He added that there's no guarantee if he shut himself down, he'd be healthy for the rest of the season.</p>

</p>

</p>

</p>
    so i guess not necessarily

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="lttaylor56"][quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="lttaylor56"][quote user="DavenIII"]Cruz is awesome, and I'm not gonna really blame him for slipping there and then trying to pull out the catch.

[/quote]

[/quote]

but i agree with u all along Dezz. I want man to man press 90% of the time..... but that specific play Rolle or whoever it was jumped on the fake screen
    [/quote]Charlie Whitehouse engineering an 80 yard drive and hitting receivers like he's Tom Brady showed what our defense was doing.

[quote user="lttaylor56"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="lttaylor56"][quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="lttaylor56"][quote user="DavenIII"]Cruz is awesome, and I'm not gonna really blame him for slipping there and then trying to pull out the catch.

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]It was starting to feel like quicksand every time and these are the circumstances where Eli makes mistakes...it could of been much worse. He has improved a bit.
    [/quote]

again, I really disagree with that.

He still lofted alot of balls, didn't step into pressure, had the WR slip and a ball bounce off his hands, garbage time INT, and then one justified INT

Even those two balls to Cruz: the one for the TD and the one on the last drive that eli threw low and Cruz caught. They weren' PERFECT balls by any means, but they got there. Because they were caught people like Moorehead will give Eli respect and say hes improved - but the truth is those are the same balls being thrown last year...

even Aikman was saying the same thing i've been saying. The fact that Cruz caught the ball makes Eli all of a sudden a QB whose improved. he even brought it up on those tipped balls that we were lucky didn't get INT.

Eli is Eli... its what those do around him which ultimately define his success or not. We are not seeing much different play. Even the whole "Eli is TAKING more sacks" argument im not agreeing with. He just isn't having time to even try to make those throws. The line is putrid at times

But not to start with Moorehead and not give him credit - good call with MArshawn Lynch. I had to gag when I said that

and Big B - **** YOU!!! lol

[quote user="lttaylor56"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="lttaylor56"][quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="lttaylor56"][quote user="DavenIII"]Cruz is awesome, and I'm not gonna really blame him for slipping there and then trying to pull out the catch.

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]Charlie Whitehouse engineering an 80 yard drive and hitting receivers like he's Tom Brady showed what our defense was doing.
    [/quote]

we ALWAYS get lit up by backup QBs

its like a once a year thing lol

+ Reply to Thread